Suggestion on Making 2h and tank Shaman's viable

Alright, I am sure that no one is gonna agree with this but I am still gonna say this because i am borred to fuck.

Was thinking about how Enhancement Shamans should use 2H weapons or even shields as well to bring a more varied and versatile playstyle and since weapon enchants were a core part of the spec, I was thinking of them getting 2 out of 3 imbues base around fire air and earth, called "storm, earth and fire" (named after an old Elemental talent) based on what weapon you have on hand.

DW: Same as old. But you gain extra haste and Flametongue grants extra 10% spell damage.

2H: Windfury and Rockbiter, Rockbiter will increase your stamina by 15% and healing receive by 20%

1H with shield: Flametounge and Rockbiter.

And Lava Lash will now have deal main hand damage but it will be physical and called "Earth Maul" while with a shield it will generate additional threat and apply a Dot.

A man emerges from the shadows. You can barely make out his features under his weathered hood other than a gnarly, long silver beard.

"The fight is lost, my son" he utters. His voice revealing his frailty. "We've tried for so long. So, so long," he whispers, as he steps back into the shadows.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Earthwarden as 4th tank spec! I'm all for that!

2) 2h-weapons for Enhancement!! Like they did for the Frost DK's it could be fun, slower but massive strikes, and mostly an easy numbers thing serverside. Also, I think in the old day's Enhancement had the option to go 2h?

Tank should be a 4th spec if it ever happens.

I know most people want 2h back like frost dk and ww monks. However, enhance plays differently and it wouldn't work if we just equipped a 2h. It would need some significant changes and I personally wouldn't mind seeing it as a talent that would replace dw with changes to our took kit to make it worth taking as a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    A man emerges from the shadows. You can barely make out his features under his weathered hood other than a gnarly, long silver beard.

"The fight is lost, my son" he utters. His voice revealing his frailty. "We've tried for so long. So, so long," he whispers, as he steps back into the shadows.
    A voice echoes in your mind: "Do not lose faith, brother! Walk always in the light!"

OT: I used to enjoy 2H Enhancement during TBC. Who cares if it was viable. I LOVED the fantasy behind it. Stormstrike is all about massive strikes. Nothing "THUNDER"s louder than a 2H axe or mace in the hand of a zappyboi Please. Make it happen. Forget the past, forget the present. Make it happen in a future starting from this point onward.

Being able to use both DW and 2H like monks would probably be the dream for Enhancement and any kind of 4th Tank spec.

I can't imagine Shields would be as awesome for a 4th Tank spec as DW and 2H would be. I think DW and 2H tank would definitely be cooler. I guess they'd have to slap on AGI to all the STR shields to get any kind of 4th Tank spec to use shields anyway, and it'd probably just be easier (and frankly, cooler) to just have them use the same weaponry as Brewmaster, Windwalker, Feral, Guardian, and Survival, anyway. Maybe the 4th Tank spec could use a 2H and a shield, but I think that makes it a little less cool than just DW or 2H.

I do like the idea of having one element being the focus of each spec for Shaman. Resto is Water, Elemental is Fire, Enhancement is Air, with 4th Tank spec being Earth.

Yeah fuck that. Rather focus on shamans not being absolute dogshit of a class in SL.

2h had its moment in vanilla, go play classic if you want to experience it. Also tank spec would further piss on the class identity which is already on thin ice across the board.

I have played shaman since 2006 and I'm so fed up with the constant "give us 2h back"- begging. There's plenty of 2h classes in the game, plenty of tank specs in the game so go fucking reroll instead of trying to twist class X to fit your preferences.

2h tank shaman
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Yeah fuck that. Rather focus on shamans not being absolute dogshit of a class in SL.

2h had its moment in vanilla, go play classic if you want to experience it. Also tank spec would further piss on the class identity which is already on thin ice across the board.

I have played shaman since 2006 and I'm so fed up with the constant "give us 2h back"- begging. There's plenty of 2h classes in the game, plenty of tank specs in the game so go fucking reroll instead of trying to twist class X to fit your preferences.
    So you DO agree enhancement has identity issues. You probably also have ideas for enhancement to "fit your preferences". 2h is simply one of those. And it's a reminiscense of good times.

- Looks very cool (according to a lot of people)
    - For some people, duel wield doesn't feel "shamanish" despite of 10+ years of existance
    - It does NOT mean people who want 2h just wants to 1shot people with wf. Maybe they remember the time when they had interrupt on 6sec cd, grounding on 15 sec cd, tremor w/o cd, purge with 2 removal etc... WF wasn't they only thing enhancement had in it's 15 years of lifetime.

For some people 2h is a bargain point for some identity away from rogues. It's clear that blizzard has a role for enhancement. Its clear dw gives a hint about it. Many of us don't understand what they want to do with enhancement. We used to, now we don't. I don't claim "they dont know what they are doing". I just think they don't enjoy what they do with it so they just nerf it when overtuned. You just can't play an undertuned enhancement in arena since you don't have any tools to "outplay" anyone.

2h is a good starting point to jumpstart enhancement story. I believe this is why a lot of people are fixated on it. If the spec doesn't have it's archetypish identity, it will always be nerfed out of arena.

And again also, it looks cool as fuck.

how would a tank spec piss on class identity?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    It's not a shaman role, period.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    He meant that there always must be some deep-shit class that can weild a SHIELD and not have option to be a Tank. (just to make players of other classes feel themselfs better)

aka: "Atleast my *x* class not bad as shamans, then maybe i am not bad player after all"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    He meant that there always must be some deep-shit class that can weild a SHIELD and not have option to be a Tank. (just to make players of other classes feel themselfs better)

aka: "Atleast my *x* class not bad as shamans, then maybe i am not bad player after all"
    shaman tanks using 2h is what i want.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a shaman role, period.
    your point is what?
    its called making a 4th spec.

Well, to each of our own. Atleast it will never happen, same with 2h.