The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Except, during the upcoming heated part of the election, that won't work. At least, not very well. The Democrats passed a relief bill with a relief check months ago. Yes, some Republicans will just pretend that didn't happen, but those people were going to vote R anyhow. Actual Republicans like @Skroe used to be should be the target, and that tactic you suggested won't work on them.
    Honestly it's the only suggestion I got because, like you, I can't really otherwise parse what Mitch's end-game is here.

Kanye West met with Kushner as rapper eyes 2020 election spot https://t.co/NlzSe8MkMG https://t.co/Q7MFw1Qldv
    https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1...022956546?s=19

Well this post could be in three different threads.

The reason here is some are stating this is a clear violation of campaign laws. Kushner is a direct advisor to Trump.

Hey we can say this happens all the time. Okay, but most campaigns are not dumb enough having a close advisor meet with a third party candidate.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I'm sure 'law & order' trump supporters will call for the prosecution of Kushner and Kanye any minute now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1...022956546?s=19

Well this post could be in three different threads.

The reason here is some are stating this is a clear violation of campaign laws.
    What campaign law is that against?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    What campaign law is that against?
    You different campaigns cannot collude with each other. Having a head advisor directly meeting with another candidate to assist their bid is a blatant violation then when you have evidence of most of the people gathering names to get on ballots in various states are GOP operatives AND a lot of the signatures are so bogus they are getting laughed out of various states its something that if the law was a thing any more would probably cause them problems. But the FEC basically does not exist as I don't think it has a quorum so can't really act on anything any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    You different campaigns cannot collude with each other.
    Yeah, but can you point to the actual law?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Yeah, but can you point to the actual law?
    Does it matter? The FEC doesn't exist right now. And Trump is actively ignoring orders from SCOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m curious as well, I haven’t seen anyone reporting it would be illegal for Kushner to advise Kanye. Just that they’re taking advantage of his mental state.
    George Conway sure thinks it's illegal.

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/statu...44727364063235

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I’m curious as well, I haven’t seen anyone reporting it would be illegal for Kushner to advise Kanye. Just that they’re taking advantage of his mental state.
    Actually, I'm wondering now if there is a law against ongoing campaigns working together....

I know there are rules/laws about campaigns working with PACs.

Dude is a con artist, don’t buy his schtick.

Oh, and I can’t read his tweet after I criticized his wife and he blocked me.
    I'm not really buying his schtick one way or another, cause i honestly don't know if it's illegal or not, just stating it's out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Ah yes, diversity over policy. 2020 is go.
    Every time you post is a masterclass in looking like a dumb bitch. Congrats.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What hair.
    And states have their own regulations about water usage/plumbing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Sorry I don't adhere to the masturbatory fantasy that's building up in these threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sorry I don't adhere to the masturbatory fantasy that's building up in these threads.
    Do go on. What fantasies?

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised that it's not an Obama era regulation. That's usually the reason for regulation rollbacks for Trump.

So the question is, what did Bush do to anger Trump?
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-08-12 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Fuck Florida.

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods is forbidding his deputies from wearing masks at work amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Woods issued the order on Tuesday and extended the ban on face coverings to visitors of the sheriff's office. Officers are exempted from the sheriff's order in certain locations, including hospitals and situations involving high-risk individuals or those who are potentially infected with the virus.

"We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn't," Woods wrote in an email obtained by the Ocala Star-Banner.

The same day he made the announcement to his staff, the state set a record high for COVID-19 deaths. On Tuesday, August 11, the Florida Department of Health recorded 276 additional deaths in the state, bringing death toll to 8,553.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ubpoena-394256

So Ron Johnson's Senate Intel Committee's look into the origins of the Russian investigation? It's kinda a mess, because Johnson wants to haul in Comey and Brenan, amongst others.

It's not Democrats stopping it, they literally can't as they're the minority. His own party is stopping it.
    When doing just enough to give a fishing expedition the veneers of legitimacy scares the people that started it, that is just amazing.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is vowing to kill Social Security and Medicare if he gets reelected by promising to terminate the payroll tax.

You have to wonder if he doesn't know the payroll tax funds Social Security and Medicare or if he just doesn't care. With Trump, either option plausible. If it's the former, you have to wonder why his staff hasn't educated him about it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Actually, I'm wondering now if there is a law against ongoing campaigns working together....

I know there are rules/laws about campaigns working with PACs.
    I would assume there are just to keep one party from just bribing the other to throw the election

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    dude, he's not worth the infraction
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.