Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Have you ever lied about watching a TV show/Movie just to fit in?

apparently it is quite common for people to lie and say they have seen such as Show or Movie just to fit in with their friends/

Have you ever done it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Every dam day.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. And being introverted as I am I kind of like that I don't have to lie. Means I don't have to have awkward conversations about it which tends to be the case lol. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm too lazy to bother with pointless lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Er, no... I don't give into Peer pressure.

Example -- I couldn't give two shits about football despite everyone around me, in the countryside, breath and live for that crap and is pretty much all they talk about, that and sex... such a dull, simple, boring, lot.

Coincidentally, people I had common interests with were foreigners at my School with one of my good friends from Germany.

So yeah, forewarning to anyone wanting to move to the countrysides here in Ireland...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-08-12 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really care that much... why wouldn't you just watch the show? It's not like it's that difficult to do so unless the show is like... One Piece that has almost 1000 episodes.

But no, I would never lie about something so minor.

I fail to see the point. There's plenty of mainstream stuff I don't watch but still find enough things to have meaningful conversations with those who do (even the ones that are obsessed with said show/film).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because that's pathetic, if I don't watch a tv show I don't I didn't watch Lost, I didn't watch Game of Thrones, I never watched Friends etc, I just never got around to it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Why bother. Too much effort to create a bigger problem for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that I know of. I don't see how it would benefit me. Truth is always better, even if I enjoy shows and movies that most other people hate :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

No. In fact I used to make fun of shows I didn't watch that were extremely popular among my social circles. Some shows I would later watch, some not. The main one I can think of is Dragon Ball. It was the lamest thing to me when I was a kid. I thought the power ups were silly, and I'd compare them to taking a shit when making fun of it to my friends. After I started watching it on Toonami in High School though, I fell in love with it.

Don’t think so, at least not as an adult. As a kid, sure ...think every kid would lie about anything to fit inn.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

More the opposite.

I still haven't watched BSG despite being a professional SF expert, just because I found all the hype about it so annoying, and everyone made it out to be such a deep thing.

But who knows, Corona boredom might get me to watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading something many years ago about how Citizen Kane was something more people lied about having seen than had actually watched it. Or something to that effect. That's the kind of thing I could see people lying about, to make themselves seem more cultured or worldly.

Don't think I have ever lied about watching something I had not. Maybe as a kid, but I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    More the opposite.

I still haven't watched BSG despite being a professional SF expert, just because I found all the hype about it so annoying, and everyone made it out to be such a deep thing.

But who knows, Corona boredom might get me to watch it.
    As another professional SF expert who hasn't watched BSG till recently...don't. You're not missing anything. Plot wise it's decent enough, especially for the time it was made in, but I have never, and I do mean never, seen so many retarded characters in one tv show. There's literally not even one likable character in the entire show. Every character that was interesting at the start, they destroyed as the show went on. If I wasn't a masochist, and if I didn't have too much time on my hands thanks to corona, I would have never finished this show.

And I was actually being kind to the show in my "review".
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    apparently it is quite common for people to lie and say they have seen such as Show or Movie just to fit in with their friends/

Have you ever done it?
    Nah cause It's dumb and pointless and what happens if they wish to discuss said movie or show that you just lied about, making you look like an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it probably happened once in my life, but usually no.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I don't have to I watch way too much TV and movies. I do catch people lying to me sometimes lol.

No. I don't have the energy.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    More the opposite.

I still haven't watched BSG despite being a professional SF expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    As another professional SF expert
    I promise I'm not trying to be a dick here...but what makes one a "professional sci-fi expert"?