Thread: Fall Guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I described it at work as "Like It's A Knockout, but you get touched up by pigeons and ninjas, rather than Stuart Hall".
    hahaha that made me laugh. I'm going to hell.

OP I am confused to why you think it promotes gambling? is it because it is rng on what game you play? or whether you win or lose? mate that isn't promoting gambling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    Dude no fuck you and all of your shitty ideas. I'm so tired of all of you people in here telling me to allow these morons to express their shitty opinions unchecked.

You know what happens when people just let shitty ideas and dumbass donks run wild without anyone telling them they're wrong? We get more shit games that cater to this ever increasing demographic.

Fuck all of you morons that defend this insane idea that "everything is subjective" and that people like me who have real standards and want to enforce them are the bad guys. You people are the enablers for these predatory scam games because you look the other way instead of calling it out for what it is.
    you haven't even said how it is a scam game? you're carrying on about console IP's (it's also on PC so wrong) and then blasting people for having an opinion different than yours. just because you don't find it fun, doesn't mean others also don't find it fun. if you can't understand that then this conversation is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Guess what, pal your "real standards"...entirely fucking subjective....
    All of your shit is just you trying to silence me. "It's just subjective" handwave doesn't fucking work on me you dipshit.

You fuckers enable these stupid fucking consumers to dominate the market. Don't come to me and complain about game companies being greedy or fucking bitch about game quality when your position of "everything is subjective" is so fucking vanilla and weak.

Just sit back and let others fuck you over. Don't enforce or try to impose anything on people. Fuck you.

Dude no fuck you and all of your shitty ideas. I'm so tired of all of you people in here telling me to allow these morons to express their shitty opinions unchecked.

You know what happens when people just let shitty ideas and dumbass donks run wild without anyone telling them they're wrong? We get more shit games that cater to this ever increasing demographic.

Fuck all of you morons that defend this insane idea that "everything is subjective" and that people like me who have real standards and want to enforce them are the bad guys. You people are the enablers for these predatory scam games because you look the other way instead of calling it out for what it is.
    Do you need a hug

All of your shit is just you trying to silence me. "It's just subjective" handwave doesn't fucking work on me you dipshit.

You fuckers enable these stupid fucking consumers to dominate the market. Don't come to me and complain about game companies being greedy or fucking bitch about game quality when your position of "everything is subjective" is so fucking vanilla and weak.

Just sit back and let others fuck you over. Don't enforce or try to impose anything on people. Fuck you.
    You're doing a good job of getting yourself silenced. You don't need any help from us.

Grow up a bit. Learn how to express your argument rationally...and people might actually take what you have to say seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you haven't even said how it is a scam game? you're carrying on about console IP's (it's also on PC so wrong) and then blasting people for having an opinion different than yours. just because you don't find it fun, doesn't mean others also don't find it fun. if you can't understand that then this conversation is over.
    It's a scam game because its physiologically brainwashing these kids to get into gambling through these rng mechanics in the gameplay. The game is designed from the ground up to get as many kids hooked on this kind of gameplay so that when they get older they develop these gambling tendencies that will enable them to fall into the lootbox microtransaction scams.

All of these fucking companies just care about wasting your life energy and your money. They don't offer you anything good in return because its not about creating a quality game but about dominating your subconscious where you consciously think the so called "game" is "fun" when in reality its a box of coal.

It's like I always say. Get the donk hooked by offering it a game it can play, add in a whole bunch of rng mechanics to keep the donk happy and playing and then have cosmetics and custimization options there so while the donk is busy consuming your game, you can reel him in with store mounts and pretty colors. Prod him along to the finish line and just right before he gets bored and decides to move onto another scam game, add in a whole new "season" of cosmetics and "new" maps.

Same old shit different game. And you people look down on mobile gamers when all of these modern "fun" games are pretty much as predatory as mobile games.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's a scam game because its physiologically brainwashing these kids to get into gambling through these rng mechanics in the gameplay. The game is designed from the ground up to get as many kids hooked on this kind of gameplay so that when they get older they develop these gambling tendencies that will enable them to fall into the lootbox microtransaction scams.

All of these fucking companies just care about wasting your life energy and your money. They don't offer you anything good in return because its not about creating a quality game but about dominating your subconscious where you consciously think the so called "game" is "fun" when in reality its a box of coal.

It's like I always say. Get the donk hooked by offering it a game it can play, add in a whole bunch of rng mechanics to keep the donk happy and playing and then have cosmetics and custimization options there so while the donk is busy consuming your game, you can reel him in with store mounts and pretty colors. Prod him along to the finish line and just right before he gets bored and decides to move onto another scam game, add in a whole new "season" of cosmetics and "new" maps.

Same old shit different game. And you people look down on mobile gamers when all of these modern "fun" games are pretty much as predatory as mobile games.
    have you actually played the game?

I bought it the day it came out, hella fun to play with friends.

Sure sometimes you get screwed over hardcore but it's still a really fun game. Some minor tweaks would help a lot though, like there's still some issues leaving the game after losing whether it's that you waited a moment too long to leave so now you have to wait for the next round to fully start to do so, or that the menu just isn't responding so you have to alt f4.

It's definitely a great game though, glad to see it getting appreciation.
    Well, at least almost everywhere, seems to have stuck a cord here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Clearly you never played or heard of Mario Party.

That's all this is, Its a different take on a party style game. You really should learn to just chill and enjoy something or not shit on the things others enjoy at lease.
    To be fair, Mario Party doesn't have an in-game store. Rorke may have a shitty attitude, but rng and in-game purchases are indeed a bad mix.

you haven't even said how it is a scam game?
    If Fall Guys really is built like a mobile game, with rng in gameplay, an in-game store... But also timegated game sessions with purchasable pass and loot boxes (which I doubt), then it's not unreasonable to be cautious and not let it in the hand of the younger audience.

After all, european laws are now considering lootboxes and such as gambling games, for a reason.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    If Fall Guys really is built like a mobile game, with rng in gameplay, an in-game store... But also timegated game sessions with purchasable pass and loot boxes (which I doubt), then it's not unreasonable to be cautious and not let it in the hand of the younger audience.

After all, european laws are now considering lootboxes and such as gambling games, for a reason.
    yes there is an in game store. you can either buy costumes or you can buy what they call "kudos" which are the currency you use to buy cosmetics. however you also earn kudos simply by playing the game. even if you lose in round 1, you still get some.

as for rng, the only rng there is is determining which game it is. basically you start off with 60 players in round 1, it chooses a game and it's basically a race to get to the finish line for the first 2-3 games. then there is usually a team game and then when it's down to about 15 people the final game begins which is last man standing. from what I have seen there are about 7-8 games which are the "race to the finish line" then there are about 4-5 team games and then 3-4 last man standing games. what game is chosen is the only rng in the game and even then it's not true rng as if you do a game once you're unlikely to get that game again in the same overall game.

Does the ingame shop sell any player power or only cosmetic items?

yes there is an in game store. you can either buy costumes or you can buy what they call "kudos" which are the currency you use to buy cosmetics. however you also earn kudos simply by playing the game. even if you lose in round 1, you still get some.

as for rng, the only rng there is is determining which game it is. basically you start off with 60 players in round 1, it chooses a game and it's basically a race to get to the finish line for the first 2-3 games. then there is usually a team game and then when it's down to about 15 people the final game begins which is last man standing. from what I have seen there are about 7-8 games which are the "race to the finish line" then there are about 4-5 team games and then 3-4 last man standing games. what game is chosen is the only rng in the game and even then it's not true rng as if you do a game once you're unlikely to get that game again in the same overall game.
    I see. Then it's pretty tame for a "scam" game. Can't say that I like in-game stores, but I indulge in them every now and then so... As long as it's not associated with gambling mechanics, it's no reason to freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Cosmetics. There is no player power in the first place. Like in Sea of Thieves, the only thing you get as a player, is game experience

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    To be fair, Mario Party doesn't have an in-game store. Rorke may have a shitty attitude, but rng and in-game purchases are indeed a bad mix.
    Its a $20 game and all the meat of content is free. So if they want to sell you a hot dog suit I don't see the problem. The game has to be funded somehow and I rather be able to buy outfits outright than deal with lootbox's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    100% Cosmetic's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    The buyable currency is pretty easy to accrue from playing the game too. If there's ever an item up that I want and I don't have the kudos for it I can get them fairly quickly. The harder to get 'premium' currency cannot be bought at all. You get it from placing 1st overall as well as a few from progressing on the free season levelling path. This is by far the tamest cosmetic shop I've seen implemented in this type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we find some reasoning behind why being on a yellow team makes you lose 90% of the time :P

... Is "donk" some trendy new word? Or is that kid trying to make "Fetch" happen...?

3+ Year Old Account
    Mario Party Battle Royale? Now that's something I'd love to see/play

And it apparently has skins from Fortnite too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Mario Party Battle Royale? Now that's something I'd love to see/play

And it apparently has skins from Fortnite too?
    It has skins from Team Fortress 2 and other Valve games so far.
    Like there was an Alyx skin, a Scout (TF2) skin, and the Gordon Freeman skin for preordering

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... Is "donk" some trendy new word? Or is that kid trying to make "Fetch" happen...?
    Think it's just supposed to be short for donkey?
    I don't know though.

Been playing this a lot lately as a 'couch game' and it's pretty damn fun.