Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They've dealt with the corruption (Using the artefacts to cleanse it) and dealt with the bleeding (absorbing Azerite into the Heart of Azeroth). But you can't just yank out the sword without making things a hundred times worse. There's a reason why if you ever get stabbed or impaled, you leave it in. At this point there's nothing that *can* be done.
    Yup!
    Corruption of the wound (Sword's Energy / Fel), hemmoraging of the wound (Bleeding Azerite), and infection of the wound (Old Gods).
    All that remains is a big ol' splinter.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I think the game is much more ready for this kind of event than it was during the WotLK launch. We have alternative access points to stuff like the AH and bank, and since all the areas scale to your level you're not completely fucked if the quest hub for your level is overrun by zombies. People who want to have fun with it can do it but the people who hate it have realistic ways to avoid dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    a lot of people liked the zombie outbreak last time. it was also a very limited time thing that a good bit of players havent experienced yet. why the judgment and negativity?
    because its horrible lame and a multibillion dollar company can come up with something in the slightest more original than cheap copy/recycle this ?

For the scourge!..... .... .............................................braaainnnnsssss......

10+ Year Old Account
    More annoying than the zombies is actually getting into the PTR

they're just going with the old event? Ooooooooooooo ya, I memba.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Look at all the tears lmao just go to a different city ffs if you dont like it. I started mid wrath and missed the scourge event. I'm excited to be apart of it this time!
    I came to write a comment but now I don't need to since you already said what I was going to write.

I created my first char around end of Naxx / start of Ulduar.
    My Shadowy Priest: Daernan
    My DK tank: Pupuna

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So you mean that if you ever get stabbed IRL, you have to keep the blade in forever ?
    No, but you'd go to a hospital where the wound can be stitched together, and where you can get a blood transfusion to stop you from bleeding out.

There's no other nascent titan's around to get blood from, nor anyone who can perform large scale surgery on a planet. I mean, we barely stopped it from bleeding out. You remove the sword, Azeroth's dead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    The event is lame. Scourge invasion was cool because you didn't expect it. You didn't know going into it exactly what it was. It was just a cool thing that happened. This new Scourge event was announced almost a year ago and will now be on the PTR for months, to the point where no one will be interested anymore when it goes live.
    you mean it wasn't tested on the PTR before WotLK?

Disconnect
    Character not found
    Character not found
    Character not found
    A character with that name already exists
    A character with that name already exists
    Disconnect
    Disconnect
    Disconnect

Fuck this PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Can't they come up with something original?
    People have been begging for them to bring this back. I for one am super excited and will be waiting for it to go live. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Well I know where I’ll be when this happens, 10000 feet in the air on my mount

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you mean it wasn't tested on the PTR before WotLK?
    This is pretty much first time Blizzard tests the pre-expansion event in the PTR. They are usually kept disabled/hidden until they hit the live servers.

Can they not just have the event linked with warmode? So if you have warmode off the event is not active for you.

Warmode is a great way to opt out of having to play with the people with primitive schoolyard bully brains. They have their own playground where they can compensate for whatever they need to compensate for by thinking they accomplish something when they disrupt other people. While the rest of us can play in peace. That seems like a decent solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    People have been begging for them to bring this back. I for one am super excited and will be waiting for it to go live. >.>
    And? I'm glad you're looking forward to this event however the fact that it had to pulled early back in 2008 due to complaints would suggest that it was not popular with the majority of players.

Blizzard recycling a twelve year old event, that was canned due to complaints, instead of producing something new and exciting is indicative of how far they've fallen.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty executed event. Annoying and tedious.

Okay, but what is the ETA of the prepatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Blizzard: "We're bringing back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "WTF why can't you be original?"
    Whoa.. you mean different people have different opinions??

Eh, I appreciate that they're going for nostalgia but the event won't have the same impact as it did in 2008. Nowadays you have everything you need on your vehicle mounts and in your garrison, there's barely any reason to interact with other people in cities. Still, I'm looking forward to experiencing this again.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Well I know where I’ll be when this happens, 10000 feet in the air on my mount
    Yep. Can't wait for the REEEEing when ghoul players can't get anybody anymore because most people who can have opted out by flying above it.