Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

This will be for a short time maybe a day or something then is will be cleared of infection. People are complaining but it is only the Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event more people wanted something like this then did not i bet.

Awesome! I wasn't subbed for the pre wrath even and was so bitter that I missed this. I hope blizzard ignored the minority and keeps the event this way.

Quote Originally Posted by rikku45 View Post
    Awesome! I wasn't subbed for the pre wrath even and was so bitter that I missed this. I hope blizzard ignored the minority and keeps the event this way.
    The minority are the ones who wanted it even back when it was out for the Wrath event. It was just griefing of the majority of the player populace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Can't they come up with something original?
    Literally every pre patch event since has been a let down, it's been nearly 12 years since the scourge invasion event, and it is by far the best pre-patch event that has happened, i think it's more than okay for them to bring it back alongside a few new things to do aswell.

Edit: To avoid griefing they could make it only possible to infect other players when warmode is on.

I didn't even think of this, but since now people can just fly in Azeroth (when in WotLK you couldn't), the event shouldn't be nearly as large or deadly as it was back in WotLK, No? It will be much harder for zombies to infect other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    This is pretty much first time Blizzard tests the pre-expansion event in the PTR. They are usually kept disabled/hidden until they hit the live servers.
    Nope..Did for WOD, Legion and BFA..PTR of pre-expac is norm..

It was bad back then, glad I could already fly in Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And? I'm glad you're looking forward to this event however the fact that it had to pulled early back in 2008 due to complaints would suggest that it was not popular with the majority of players.

Blizzard recycling a twelve year old event, that was canned due to complaints, instead of producing something new and exciting is indicative of how far they've fallen.

I have to agree with Pann on this one. This shit was cut short back in 2008 cause of the complaints. Not sure why anyone would feel it would a success now. I know being on the PTR this shit is already a damn nightmare. Bitches running around and purposely getting everyone infected with the 45 second ghoul debuff, Hordes of ghoul players hanging around the quest givers and waiting for other (NON) infected players to show up is RIDICULOUS. Like how boring. But to each their own. Like one person commented, above in the post, I will do my best to be 500 ft in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I have to agree with Pann on this one. This shit was cut short back in 2008 cause of the complaints. Not sure why anyone would feel it would a success now. I know being on the PTR this shit is already a damn nightmare. Bitches running around and purposely getting everyone infected with the 45 second ghoul debuff, Hordes of ghoul players hanging around the quest givers and waiting for other (NON) infected players to show up is RIDICULOUS. Like how boring. But to each their own. Like one person commented, above in the post, I will do my best to be 500 ft in the air.
    Boring for you, fun for others. Games are to each their own, you make your fun out of it. I had a blast screwing around during first scourge event we had with wotlk.

Griefing people should never be considered fun, and I think it's really telling with the number of people who are giddy over being able to fuck with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    Boring for you, fun for others. Games are to each their own, you make your fun out of it. I had a blast screwing around during first scourge event we had with wotlk.
    If your fun requires you to ruin the fun of others who have little recourse, maybe there's not a lot of value in it, idk.

>first scourge event we had with wotlk
    Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I didn't even think of this, but since now people can just fly in Azeroth (when in WotLK you couldn't), the event shouldn't be nearly as large or deadly as it was back in WotLK, No? It will be much harder for zombies to infect other players.
    It will mostly suck for lowbies/people wanting to try out the new leveling system.

Though I would advise that anyone who wants to avoid it and still do stuff in BfA content gets BfA pathfinder asap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeII View Post
    I came to write a comment but now I don't need to since you already said what I was going to write.

I created my first char around end of Naxx / start of Ulduar.
    Lol theres plenty like us im sure brother. I try to enjoy what I can in this game and avoid what I don't rather than play thru the hatred then complain on forums. Makes no sense to live like that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If your fun requires you to ruin the fun of others who have little recourse, maybe there's not a lot of value in it, idk.
    This is what I mean, you don't think it's fun. YOU is a big thing here, everyone likes different things and people will tire them self out in 2ish weeks anyway.

Well yeah because you got your rocks off ruining the game experience for other players. Shows a complete lack of maturity.

That is why I have proposed putting it only on Warmode. Players who don't want to be involved can opt out by turning Warmode off. Those that want in can opt in by turning Warmode on. Win/Win. Except for the griefers

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I mean, you don't think it's fun. YOU is a big thing here, everyone likes different things and people will tire them self out in 2ish weeks anyway.
    And if You think fun is ruining the fun of others, you have a serious problem.

Yes, because your fun requires for me to not have fun. This is not a simple "live and let live; you have fun doing your thing, I have fun doing my thing."

Your fun directly impedes the fun of a player who might not want the game to be borderline unplayable. It's not gonna be a big deal for me, but it's kind of a nonsense argument.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Recycling the old crab-bucket-event? *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Recycling the old crab-bucket-event? *yawn*
    Yep, pretty boring. I am still waiting for something nice to show up so I can pre-order like I always did since Cataclysm but this time everything they come up with is pretty bad for me personally.

There's so many damned cities now... somehow I think you can find a bank to stand it pointlessly rather than just loitering around Stormwind/Ironforge or Orgrimmar. Hell there's even mounts and other things that give you access to these "Services" people feel gated from. That said... I do wish this event was not a rehash... whats even odder is a need to "test" an event they already have done... why...

And you will fall from the sky and be turned into a zombie just like I was 50 times on the PTR if the fall doesn't kill u the zombie infection will