Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    A HD version of that set or a whole new set would be kino, though. And/or a Frostwyrm mount (Nightbane recolor) or Midnight recolor.
    An HD Sapphiron mount would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

What's the point of claiming it's ilevel 100 gear without giving any reference? Does that mean it's comparable to current 445? 460? 475?

3+ Year Old Account
    Troll Gorer
    Oh, so some of these are named after bosses?

https://ptr.wowdb.com/items/183624-s...blade-of-nadox

Hmm, this seems to have the equip proc text from Geti'ikku
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-13 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    What's the point of claiming it's ilevel 100 gear without giving any reference? Does that mean it's comparable to current 445? 460? 475?
    For reference, Lurker's Piercing Gaze (1H Mace) from Ny'alotha will be item level 95 from LFR (down from 440), 110 from Normal (down from 455), 125 from Heroic (down from 470) and 140 from Mythic (down from 485).

Implies that this will be 445 gear.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...e?bonus=0:1487
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So..why are the bosses from wotlk back? We killed them (multiple times in some cases)
    Valar morghulis
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    An HD Sapphiron mount would be amazing.
    And easy for them! Yeah, I always thought the Sapphiron model was cool, if a little outdated, ofc. The new model would make for a great one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    445. Comparable to normal Ny'alotha gear.

This seems incredibly lazy that they just bring back all of these WotLK dungeon and raid bosses just to be rares. Where do they even come from? Did Bolvar feel like ressing all of them (knowing that they have been trouble in the past) or did Chromie mess up with the timeline and brought all these bosses to ours? I like WotLK and all but this feels like such a lazy attempt for nostalgia pandering.

That it's just 445 gear is kinda lame. That one will barely last you a couple of levels in SL and is probably not worth the effort; if the alts you care about don't already have it or better anyway. Frankly, since I don't think the event is particularily interesting in the first place I almost hope that we won't get new transmog with the event.. but since its apparently tagged with PH it probably won't be that easy :/.

So for the collectors, nothing worthwhile? Not even a Memento v2.0?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-08-14 at 12:24 AM.

good - finally time to gear up my 40 alts that have been collecting dust since getting to 120

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So..why are the bosses from wotlk back? We killed them (multiple times in some cases)
    Necromancy 101, unless its a Lich with a destroyed phylactery anything killed even as an undead can be resurrected back granted there is enough juice. The question not really why but rather by whom they have been resurrected?

On a side note, the question to why the undead are running rampant is due to Sylvanas destroying the Helm of Domination which granted the Lich King the ability to control the undead and in our case keep them at bay which is no longer the case.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Let's say you have a level 35 character, can you level upto 50 with these rare spawns? I remember the Legion prepatch event (?) being amazing to quickly level up alts

Can I start the questline without having to finish all the main BfA quests first?

Yea, this event is crap. They copied the worst parts of WotLK and BfA prepatches and call it an event. Theres no real rewards for doing the quests, those are just reused random skins from WotLK (there are plenty of unfinished ones they could have finished). They could have atleast made a cool trinket or something like the old Vampire Slayer one. The zombie plague is fun, but none wants to sit around griefing kids at Darkshire all day until the expansion goes live.

Im pretty sure I just farmed Insane in the Membrane during BfA's crappy daily run with crappy daily rewards, not sure what the plan will be this time. But if its any indication of the work put into the expansion, I'm already regretting paying for the expansion.

bros... Not even a set like first time they did this invasion? disappointment is real :/ Oh well i can spend that time grief other players as zombie in main cities

No deathbringers will? That's a shame

This "event" will only be up for a month or so. It's pretty pointless and just feels like recycled old content - because it is.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujellyx View Post
    Can I start the questline without having to finish all the main BfA quests first?
    yup, prepatch starts earlier than the equivalent of lvl120 anyway. just decide if you want to follow and finish the questlines from BfA and become lvl 120 (the new 50) still or throw them out of the window and leave your adventures in KulTiras/Zandalar behind you. and stop all M+ and whatever activities.

it might not serve as best example, but my charcopy to PTR was a 114 warrior. she arrived as (new) 47, i did some daylies in sw and poof the lvl was 48 and the prepatch breadcrumb quest was thrown at me. just by following the questline so far the warri is now 49+ and will reach 50 by mopping up simple mobs in icecrown, collecting ilvl100 from the rare bosses every 20 min. not every boss yields loot as of now, but if they do, it is loot fitting for the char and its specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    I believe it states in the post, it's a great catch up mechanic for under geared alts getting ready for SL.
    its still pointless. my druid has never done a mythic+, anything in the current raid tier or anything higher than LFR prior, and doesnt even have the cloak finished and has an ilvl of 444.68. So who exactly is this gear supposed to be for if its really ilvl 445?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Technically true but for those of us who have done it before it brings back great memories and it was a kick ass event, for the rest of the people who never done it, it will be a great experience.
    I don't deny that this isn't only your opinion, but there are also enough others who have done it before and hated it. Sure, it's about undead, but some things are better left buried and forgotten.