Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So the protests are still going on and OMON (read, special police forces) are beating people. We have classics like attacks on journalists, including those presenting their official credentials, shooting rubber bullets in windows, hitting a guy walking his dog, etc. etc.
    If anyone really wants it, I can copy paste posts from Twitter with videos.

Also, the Tikhonovskaya case is still strange as fuck. I really wonder what was told to her during those 7 hours she spent in the central election committee.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    As a Bernie Bro *sic, who will vote for Biden (tho I believe him to be a senile rapist neolib) I repeat what I have said before.

There are degrees of terrible. I will throw up in my mouth and feel disgusted with myself for years to come but I will vote for Biden to save America from dying in a pandemic/economic collapse/fascist power grab. Only as recently as April I wouldn't have voted for Biden.

Lukashenko is not some shield against austerity and the predations of capitalism. He is a murdering kleptocrat.
    I am remaining firm to my morality, not supporting any pro-US color revolutions. You are free to believe, follow or betray whatever conscious/values you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Also, the Tikhonovskaya case is still strange as fuck. I really wonder what was told to her during those 7 hours she spent in the central election committee.
    Her husband is in jail and she has 2 daughters.

So probably just a list of terrible unfortunate accidents that might happen to her husband and daughters.

So now we have a second dead protester. Was arrested and later taken to hospital, death reason unknown at this point.
    I doubt that news about that will help Lukash.

Her husband is in jail and she has 2 daughters.

So probably just a list of terrible unfortunate accidents that might happen to her husband and daughters.
    I mean, yeah, her kids are now in Lithuania too. Really does smell like she gave in to a deal, doesn't it? :/

I mean, yeah, her kids are now in Lithuania too. Really does smell like she gave in to a deal, doesn't it? :/
    -Leave the country or we'll beat your husband to death. -isn't exactly "giving in".

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The last European Cleptocracy.
    Russia still exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    The Haitian revolution didnt result in more chaos for Haiti?? What???? Im pretty sure you just read that the slaves rised up and that was it but in case you arent aware Haiti is among the poorest countries in the americas rn
    But they're not slaves. I don't know about you, I'd rather be poor than a slave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    But they're not slaves. I don't know about you, I'd rather be poor than a slave.
    The history of the Haitian Revolution is a helluva lot more complicated than that. Suffice to say that months after the conclusion of the revolution, the Governor General declared himself Emperor and while officially abolished slavery he promptly used the revolutionary army to put the population back to work on the plantations under effectively the same conditions as before the revolution.

Then there was that little incident with massacring the white folks on the island which caused all foreign powers to immediately embargo and blockade the country.

In 2 years the "Emperor" was dead, beaten to death in the streets by a mob and his own men.

While the Haitian Revolution itself did produce meaningful progress the final two years of the revolution mostly squandered all that away. There were a lot of parallels between what was happening with the French Revolution. The initial gains were quickly wasted with a return to the original status quo in a short few years.

The main difference being that France was reintegrated into world affairs at the conclusion of the Napoleonic Wars, meanwhile Haiti remained isolated and perpetually castigated for the sins of mostly one lunatic.

Nice, now we have videos of cops hitting random cars on the street while people are waiting for the red light. And another where a guy standing on the "porch" of his appartment building and just get's attacked. And on and on it goes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why what would have you done there, big hero?

They likely told her if she clears off, then they will release her husband soon-ish to join her, otherwise they would probably conjure some sham trial that would put him behind the bars for many years and nobody would be the wiser. Then as a bonus they made arrangement for her and maybe some $$ for popsicles and she took it because alternative would have been just being a hero. Heroes die.

All in all she was just a person thrown into this whole thing involuntary.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-08-13 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Why what would have you done there, big hero?

They likely told her if she clears off, then they will release her husband soon-ish to join her, otherwise they would probably conjure some sham trial that would put him behind the bars for many years and nobody would be the wiser. Then as a bonus they made arrangement for her and maybe some $$ for popsicles and she took it because alternative would have been just being a hero. Heroes die.

All in all she was just a person thrown into this whole thing involuntary.
    No need for passive agressiveness.
    Protests continue without her regardless so it might not have given anything to Lukash. I am going to laugh if in the end she will back as the interim president.
    P.S.
    Heroes die is a nice nihilism. Depends on what a hero is, I suppose, but definitely not all of them die.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I never considered Russia European.
    That's because you being ignorant, they are just as east european, slavic n orthodox christian as the others in eastern europe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Then there was that little incident with massacring the white folks on the island which caused all foreign powers to immediately embargo and blockade the country.

Haiti remained isolated and perpetually castigated for the sins of mostly one lunatic.
    What does that mean? One guy killed every living white person on the island all by himself? Did he have Wakandian superpowers? You are belitlle genocide, one group vs another down to one person

Maybe Nazi-Germany's deeds was due to mostly one guy also?...n those trials after n occupation was unfair?...

- - - Updated - - -

And more than half of their land area makes up North Asia.
    Where nobody lives, it's their alaska.

Vast majority live in europe. And even if they didn't, they'd be like australia, living far away europeans.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-08-14 at 05:57 AM.

And more than half of their land area makes up North Asia.
    While true 91% of Russians live in the European part of the nation. Once you cross the Urals it's barren outside of a few cities until you reach Vladivostok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What does that mean? One guy killed every living white person on the island all by himself? Did he have Wakandian superpowers? You are belitlle genocide, one group vs another down to one person
    Shockingly in the case of Haiti... That's actually pretty fucking close to what happened.

The course of the massacre showed an almost identical pattern in every city he visited. Before his arrival, there were only a few killings, despite his orders.[18] When Dessalines arrived, he first spoke about the atrocities committed by former white authorities, such as Rochambeau and Leclerc, after which he demanded that his orders about mass killings of the area's white population should be put into effect. Reportedly, he ordered the unwilling to take part in the killings, especially men of mixed race, so that the blame should not be placed solely on the black population.[
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_Haiti_massacre

Most of the slave population never participated in the killings. The total number of victims did not surpass 5000, people living in a handful of cities. While the majority of the black population was actually living distributed on the plantations he forced them back into.

Because his orders were mostly if ignored the travelled around with his army carrying out the actual massacres, mostly forcing the locals to participate at gun point.

This wasn't the masses of unwashed savages murdering all the whiteys. This was Dessalines targeting his perceived political rivals in targeted killings.

But don't let facts get in the way of your racist narrative.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shockingly in the case of Haiti... That's actually pretty fucking close to what happened.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_Haiti_massacre

Most of the slave population never participated in the killings. The total number of victims did not surpass 5000, people living in a handful of cities. While the majority of the black population was actually living distributed on the plantations he forced them back into.

Because his orders were mostly if ignored the travelled around with his army carrying out the actual massacres, mostly forcing the locals to participate at gun point.

This wasn't the masses of unwashed savages murdering all the whiteys. This was Dessalines targeting his perceived political rivals in targeted killings.

But don't let facts get in the way of your racist narrative.
    You are the one with racist narrative, fact most germans didn't participate directly in holocaust, or in the east front "only hitler's army"..and Hitler arrested n killed many germans, concentration camps started out against his own german population that resisted him.
    Refusal to be in army n war wasn't acceptef.

So, you see, you go out of ur way to belittle genocide in haiti. "Yeah, but this genocide not as bad as u think" the nerve..

Bringing up nazis to show comparison to your bullshit.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-08-14 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You are the one with racist narrative, fact most germans didn't participate directly in holocaust, or in the east front "only hitler's army"..and Hitler arrested n killed many germans, concentration camps started out against his own german population that resisted him.
    Refusal to be in army n war wasn't acceptef.

So, you see, you go out of ur way to belittle genocide in haiti. "Yeah, but this genocide not as bad as u think" the nerve..
    Again, there's a difference. Hitler and the Nazis drew their power from popular support. Sure there were outliers, there was even resistance, but ultimately the Nazis were the Vox Populi who loudly cheered for the persecution of "non Aryans". The Nazis were a manifestation of the widespread anti semitism, racism and sense of racial/ethnic superiority that permeated German society.

Desallines wasn't popular (remember the whole beaten to death in the streets part). He didn't take or hold onto power by popular acclaim. His power was derived from his control of the army. Hitler's control of the army was derived from his control of the government which was derived from popular support.

Desallines control of the army ven was also tenuous, which is why he killed the French and persecuted the mulattos. Even then he fairly quickly lost control, despite the extremes he went to...or more likely because of them.

Note, nobody has ever called the Haitian Massacre a genocide. Not then, not since.

It's political nature, the method of execution and its scale do not qualify it as a genocide.

Also note that I'm quite critical of the Haitian Revolution, and I specifically used it as an example of a failed revolution.

The only person in this conversation with an ideological (racist) narrative here is you.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-08-14 at 09:29 AM.

I'll be honest, I never considered Russia European.
    Who does?

Unrelated: keklol that anyone is replying with more than a single word or line to that poster, they're fucking nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Who does?

Unrelated: keklol that anyone is replying with more than a single word or line to that poster, they're fucking nuts.
    Most people in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Who does?
    Russians are most definitely European.

But the thing is that there are in fact 2 broad cultural groups in Europe that are clearly defined and rather distinct.

In a way there are 2 Europes (you could argue 3 if you consider the Muslim periphery, which most certainly should be considered.)

These 2 Europes are the leftovers of the Great Schism and the Latin - Greek devide.

Essentially everyone who fell on the Catholic/Latin side and who fell on the Orthodox/Greek side ended up developing a broadly different culture, society, political system.

These differences deepened during the Renaissance and later the Enlightenment as both were distinctly Western (and I mean Latin, as Western Slavs contributed massively to both and often were forerunners of it). Ultimately due to significant efforts for Westernization in the late mid to late 19th century Russia did end up participating in the Enlightenment, but Enlightenment thought never to this day truly permeated Russian culture and when applied (Marxism) it would take on distinctly Eastern characteristics.

In this context "European" is about as a useful term as "Asian" when thinking of India and China for example.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-08-14 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially everyone who fell on the Catholic/Latin side and who fell on the Orthodox/Greek side ended up developing a broadly different culture, society, political system.
    Mongols had a far greater impact culturally on Russia, than Europe... the further East you go in Russia, the greater cultural impact of Mongols. Then there are the Tatars that even held Kiev, the original capital of Russia/Prussia, which wasn’t returned until Peter the Great...

This contrasts well with Europe, to show the eastern and Turkish influence:
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi