Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah it's a good trend (Blizzard listening), let's hope it continues.
    So something they've been doing for 15+ years is a trend?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    a "trend" that people like to deny at every turn LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    What Blizzard does is blindly do whatever they want even when players tell them for 10 years it's shit. Developers are way too arrogant and way too proud of their own mediocre skills to ever admit something they like could be garbage. That and doing whatever makes them the most money even if it shits on their own games.
    Speaking of arrogant, I'd say the same thing about gamers who treat video games like a fast food order, demanding that they're made to cater to their specific tastes. There's a difference between that idiotic sense of entitlement, and giving them feedback.

WoW is Blizzard's game. Not yours. They are free to make said game however they please, and if that doesn't agree with you, 'cancel subscription' is a click away.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-08-14 at 07:22 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

well they want people to choose one and stick with it. However you can change covenants, so they at least made that change. what else is there?
    Baiscally people want them to drop the whole Covenant deal alltogether and create a new expansion in the next 2 month. Usual realistic expectations that Blizzard shameful does not fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Baiscally people want them to drop the whole Covenant deal alltogether and create a new expansion in the next 2 month. Usual realistic expectations that Blizzard shameful does not fulfill.
    i think with the above statement that guy not really meant „do not do covenants like they are NOW (from 3 months ago)“. i think he more talked about

- all the covenant statements from community since Blizzcon
    - and all the people telling Blizz since years that a decision between power and style always sucks
    - and that Blizz learned all that shit 10 years ago

I think THAT was it, what he wanna say, when he said „not listening with covenants“.

Unfortunately blizzard has been listening to the fans for a while, hence why the game is the total mess it is right now.

What Blizzard does is blindly do whatever they want even when players tell them for 10 years it's shit. Developers are way too arrogant and way too proud of their own mediocre skills to ever admit something they like could be garbage. That and doing whatever makes them the most money even if it shits on their own games.
    So we're assuming that they're not listening at all?

I don't disagree that devs could be proud and arrogant, but consider that the playerbase is so wide and vast that for every one they 'listen' to, there's someone else being 'ignored'.

What would you say is one example of something that they didn't listen to that everyone unanimously has voiced out against? I mean the closest things that come to mind are LFR and Flying for me, and those are incredibly divisive systems. You have vocal people on both sides arguing for or against, and there's no one system that would please both sides.

But then again, forums are probably the worst place to be discussing this, since no one goes to forums to praise a feature that just works, while people purposely go to the forums to complain about them not working the way they want it to.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-08-14 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare yourselves to hear everywhere you go an simple polish word which is... KURWA! *catJAM*

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Al'Akir-Xavius-Skullcrusher being merged with FROSTMANE?!

They were going to merge us (the trio) with Burning Legion, which is a huge 100% Polish server.

I hope the switch to Frostmane is true.

PS. I can see Deus Ex Machina is on Frostmane, they used to be on Al'Akir...... so welcome back?
    I keep wondering why threads like this are allowed, both here and sometimes on r/wow. That's just blatant discrimination and hate towards people whose only "sin" is living in a specific country. Realize no one will bite you just because they come from Poland/Russia/Portugal/Ukraine/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In Europe the vast majority do not speak English as a first language and there are many servers some official, some not, that use a different main language. Forcing everyone together is a tower of Babel situation.
    While there are certainly wow players who don't speak fluent English, most of the players do at least speak some, and that includes people playing on language/country specific ones. It's worth noting that most of the "official" language servers came about pretty late into wow's life and they were never really too popular. In other words, it's not like only people from England play on English realms, people from all European countries play there. My guild has like 20-25 active players and out of those only 2 are natively from England. It sickens me whenever someone doesn't want to play with other people just because of their country of origin.

And yeah, I happen to live in Poland, so you have to clean your hands and detox your eyes now OP, for they have been infected with the Polishness.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-08-14 at 08:17 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wasn't really asking for segregation, just saying that people have made their own communities where they can talk in their own languages more comfortably and trying to mess with that would not really help anyone.
    My bad, I was directing the comments about discrimination to the OP, maybe got a bit confused through writing the post.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Hmm a company that stated it was "“reducing certain non-development and administrative-related costs across our business,” dosent sound like its investing its public relations.

Who could also forget the Diablo mobile game which I sure was green lit following excellant feedback gathered from the Diablo fanbase.
    Last edited by MrFawlty; 2020-08-14 at 09:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I keep wondering why threads like this are allowed, both here and sometimes on r/wow. That's just blatant discrimination and hate towards people whose only "sin" is living in a specific country. Realize no one will bite you just because they come from Poland/Russia/Portugal/Ukraine/whatever.

While there are certainly wow players who don't speak fluent English, most of the players do at least speak some, and that includes people playing on language/country specific ones. It's worth noting that most of the "official" language servers came about pretty late into wow's life and they were never really too popular. In other words, it's not like only people from England play on English realms, people from all European countries play there. My guild has like 20-25 active players and out of those only 2 are natively from England. It sickens me whenever someone doesn't want to play with other people just because of their country of origin.

And yeah, I happen to live in Poland, so you have to clean your hands and detox your eyes now OP, for they have been infected with the Polishness.
    The problem is not that people are Polish, the problem is that ALL of the people are Polish and they are speaking Polish in the public chats(= this is the problem).

The server and the chat are literally Polish now.

The "English" in the server name doesn't mean it's for English people, it means the public language of communication in that server is English. Not Polish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, French, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Portuguese, German or any other language in the world but English.

It doesn't matter where you are from, you are supposed to communicate in English there. You can speak whatever you wish in your guild or party.

EDIT: This is what the raiding guilds I was familiar with on Al'Akir (a normal English realm) used to be like: 2 Finnish, 2 Estonian, 2 Danish, 3 Swedish, 1 Bulgarian, 1 Romanian, 1 Chinese, ~10 International.

Everybody wrote English, even the god damn Chinese who could hardly mumble a word.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2020-08-14 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

WoW is Blizzard's game. Not yours. They are free to make said game however they please, and if that doesn't agree with you, 'cancel subscription' is a click away.
    I've canceled my subscription several times. I've not played the game for months before returning. Every month I stayed away from the game is a month I could've been subscribed had Blizzard not run this game into the ground. Sure there are still things I occasionally enjoy and a worth returning for, for a short time. But not as much as it used to be.

And there's also classic now, which requires the same sub.

Maybe you should stop whiteknighting for a company that doesn't give a fuck about you.

well they want people to choose one and stick with it. However you can change covenants, so they at least made that change. what else is there?
    It wasn't a change covenants were never permanent, you were always allowed to change them.

- - - Updated - - -

I've canceled my subscription several times. I've not played the game for months before returning. Every month I stayed away from the game is a month I could've been subscribed had Blizzard not run this game into the ground. Sure there are still things I occasionally enjoy and a worth returning for, for a short time. But not as much as it used to be.

And there's also classic now, which requires the same sub.

Maybe you should stop whiteknighting for a company that doesn't give a fuck about you.
    So enjoying the product they put out and pointing out you can vote with your wallet if you are unhappy with their decisions is white knighting? You guys just can't stand that some enjoy the game. It's OK if you don't like the current direction. It's OK if you do. It's hardly white knighting.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I'll be impressed when Blizz decouples the Brazilian servers from the US servers. Utterly stupid to expect people to be able to communicate with each other, and either the Brazilians / Central Americans are stuck with extremely high lag or the Americans are stuck with it.

There is literally no upside to these connections. When Blizz fixes that, I'll start considering that they are listening (or starting to actually think).

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The problem is not that people are Polish, the problem is that ALL of the people are Polish and they are speaking Polish in the public chats(= this is the problem).

The server and the chat are literally Polish now.

The "English" in the server name doesn't mean it's for English people, it means the public language of communication in that server is English. Not Polish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, French, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Portuguese, German or any other language in the world but English.

It doesn't matter where you are from, you are supposed to communicate in English there. You can speak whatever you wish in your guild or party.

EDIT: This is what the raiding guilds I was familiar with on Al'Akir (a normal English realm) used to be like: 2 Finnish, 2 Estonian, 2 Danish, 3 Swedish, 1 Bulgarian, 1 Romanian, 1 Chinese, ~10 International.

Everybody wrote English, even the god damn Chinese who could hardly mumble a word.
    Nah dude, you can only blame blizzard they didn't label servers for some countries. It's not that people don't know english there. Its that just nobody gives a flying fuck if 99% of players are Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    So enjoying the product they put out and pointing out you can vote with your wallet if you are unhappy with their decisions is white knighting?
    "Voting with your wallet" is nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah dude, you can only blame blizzard they didn't label servers for some countries. It's not that people don't know english there. Its that just nobody gives a flying fuck if 99% of players are Polish.
    They only label official supported languages which have complete localization in game.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Why don't they just break servers up by language and then connect those rather then hoping it just works out?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what our chat looks like now: