Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I show it again for you just tell me The True Lichking after fusing with Nerzuhl would still loose to Deathwing..

„ Arthas placed the unimaginably powerful helm on his head and became the new Lich King. Ner'zhul and Arthas' spirits fused into a single mighty being, just as Ner'zhul had always planned. Illidan and his troops were forced to flee back to Outland in disgrace, while Arthas became one of the most powerful entities the world had ever known.“

Ner'zhul's spirit was placed within a specially crafted block of diamond-hard ice gathered from the far reaches of the Twisting Nether. Encased within the frozen cask, Ner'zhul felt his consciousness expand ten thousand-fold. Warped by the demon's chaotic powers, Ner'zhul became a spectral being of unfathomable power

.... To this end, Kil'jaeden called upon his elite demon guard, the vampiric dreadlords, to police Ner'zhul and ensure that he accomplished his dread task.

Tichondrius, the most powerful and cunningof the dreadlords, warmed to the challenge; he was fascinated by the plague's severity and the Lich King's unbridled potential for genocide.

And still the Lich King was smarter.

His psychic powers proved to be almost limitless, and he used them to create a small army that he housed within Icecrown's twisting labyrinths

There were a handful of powerful individuals scattered throughout the world who heard the Lich King's mental summons from Northrend. Most notable of them was the archmage of Dalaran, Kel'Thuzad

He is the one who is manipulating, he is not a victim like Deathwing who got corrupted, he corrupts

This is all statements from the ingame books of WoW Classic.

It was the way, blizzard gave us more background information.

I dont call The Lichking as the strongest being, i beleive the intending idea and description is showing us @ wich power level he really was.

Maybe he would loose maybe not i domt beleive deathwing would has an easy fight..

Just watch night king vs drogon

Pretty sure Deathwing, during the Hour of Twilight raid, shook the Emerald Dream to its very core. That alone should dismantle almost everything the Lich King has. Also, having "limitless" power means nothing in this game. Random dungeon bosses died stating similar things.

And no, Arthas isn't the "true lord" of the Dead, or something like that. He's in the Maw, like everyone else, getting tortured.

Yes he is..

--- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-08-12 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Well for one he has very little range capabilities. Nothing good enough to deal with a flying opponent. He uses brute force in melee to overpower his enemies, and Deathwing could just roast him from above.
    I'd agree with you if WoW hadn't introduced characters like Varian who beat some dragon 1v1

would be interesting to see him pop up and end sylvanas, not in a redeeming way just an oh shit sylvanas realising she fucked up moment and drag her into the darkest parts of the maw

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    would be interesting to see him pop up and end sylvanas, not in a redeeming way just an oh shit sylvanas realising she fucked up moment and drag her into the darkest parts of the maw
    Isnt he just a powerless kid?

Anyone who claims that Arthas even has a chance against any of the Aspects has absolutely no lore knowledge.

I dont want Arthas to have a redemption arc.

I do want him to be the one to spoil sylvanas' plans just for the fun of it.

Part of me also wants Kel'thuzad and Arthas to have pinky and the brain style plans to take over the shadowlands after we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What? No way, that fan art is wicked, even if Ner'zhul was never physically The Lich King, but spiritually, so your image is more accurate. But the art is awesome!
    Doesn't really make sense... I mean, his armor is in there and Frostmourne too? Arthas is already wearing that armor (which is just his Lordaeron armor with skulls and spikes) and breaks the ice WITH Frostmoune, lol. This is official art by the way, it's in Chronicles Vol 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they will make Arthas redemption arc, like they did with Illidan... It will be most stupid idea ever. I understand why they did it with Illidan, but for Arthas is no point to reedem him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I was actually hoping it would be Ner'zhul, but they've said a dozen times the Jailer is a new character we've never met. If Arthas appears at all, I'm hoping it's out of the darkness to stab Sylvanas and then disappear. It would be fantastic for her to end twice by him.
    Actually when she committed suicide it was due to her not being able to kill him so this could count as a third death from him

You know how much everyone loved Illidan's story in Legion?

Like that, but with Arthas.

I'll just be happy if he kills Sylvanas and frees us from the shackles of her oppressive writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post

I'll just be happy if he kills Sylvanas and frees us from the shackles of her oppressive writing.
    If you think that its Sylvanas that is the issue instead of other parasitic sues, you will be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If you think that its Sylvanas that is the issue instead of other parasitic sues, you will be dissapointed.
    "There must always be a Mary Sue." - Blizzard, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    You know how much everyone loved Illidan's story in Legion?

Like that, but with Arthas.

The thing is, Illidan was always written like a morally grey character who was really mishandled in TBC. They fixed his story in legion, thats why many loved his story in legion. Arthas was a morally grey character who transformed into an evil character through proper story telling and they handled him really well in WotLK. They can't really fix his character like they did with Illidan because they didn't mistreat him to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If they will make Arthas redemption arc, like they did with Illidan... It will be most stupid idea ever. I understand why they did it with Illidan, but for Arthas is no point to reedem him.
    For me they ruined Illidan. His character during TBC was on spot. It's just a shame that like many other great characters, he was immedialty turned into a loot pinata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    The thing is, Illidan was always written like a morally grey character who was really mishandled in TBC. They fixed his story in legion, thats why many loved his story in legion. Arthas was a morally grey character who transformed into an evil character through proper story telling and they handled him really well in WotLK. They can't really fix his character like they did with Illidan because they didn't mistreat him to begin with.
    He wasn't morally grey at all during wc3 and TBC didn't mishandle him.

Quote Originally Posted by portillos View Post
    I think we will walk into a tavern and see him in the corner playing Hearthstone by himself.
    "What is this? What are you doing, my son?"
    "SMOrcing you, father."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The fans wanted illidan back he came back
    The fans wanted kelthas back he (will come back?)

We want arthas back but i dont think he is xoming back.

They can open the door to use arthas maybe in the future

Or finally closing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Bet for arthas uther interaction?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    If anything, Arthas will have a redemption arc and involve penance for his past. Having him once again be the lord of death cheapens all the events of ICC and really doesn't make much sense.
    Can we have villains simply be villains, w/o any dumb and character legacy destroying redemptions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    The fans wanted illidan back he came back
    The fans wanted kelthas back he (will come back?)

We want arthas back but i dont think he is xoming back.

They can open the door to use arthas maybe in the future

Or finally closing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Bet for arthas uther interaction?
    Blizz botched and unfinished Illidan story (as they stated in the past), and I haven't seen anyone asking for Kael being back, especially after "only a setback meme". Meanwhile Arthas story was fully finished (as they also stated). Giving him anything substantial after that would screw it all.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.