Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Athalon View Post
    is more $ to blizzard, but the totally ruin the economy of some realms...
    So are more bots but they are not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    I do kinda wonder how warden would fare against the modern EU privacy laws. can honestly see it going both ways. though theres much worse DRM/anti cheat software that you'd sue first.
    I have also actually been trying to find out about this. As far as I can tell, Warden aren't breaking any rules as long as it's only checking for programs reading into WoW's files/memory, but it's still definitely a grey area as it shouldn't be monitoring or storing anything on a computer in Europe at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    I have also actually been trying to find out about this. As far as I can tell, Warden aren't breaking any rules as long as it's only checking for programs reading into WoW's files/memory, but it's still definitely a grey area as it shouldn't be monitoring or storing anything on a computer in Europe at all.
    I remember when Warden was considered spyware lol http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4385050.stm ah good times
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sadly we also live in a time where people can invent imaginary numbers to support shitty arguments.
    50% of the 25,000,000 classic subs alone = 200,000,000 bots, and when you include retails 400,000,000 players, 50% of them is another 9 bots, so all up, we can conclude that 200,000,009 of wows total 60,000,000,000 subs are actually bots. You cant argue with the facts, dont even bother.

tl;dr - classic raiding is 26x harder than any mythic boss ever, and pvp is 406x more skilled than pve.

TINKERS CONFIRMED!

I certainly understand individuals wish to have multi boxing banned - i really do. But reality is Blizzard have been over this a thousand times - the act of owning and operating multiple accounts together is fine. The process of operating those multiple characters at once is the only point of interest. So long as the method of operation and control of those characters doesnt breach any rules, there is nothing they can or will do.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-08-11 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This thread is probably about envy. People are envious that they don't have enough money to do this themselves so they lash out emotionally.
    If I was loaded there are about a million things I would do before buying a handful of WoW accounts

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    50% of the 25,000,000 classic subs alone = 200,000,000 bots, and when you include retails 400,000,000 players, 50% of them is another 9 bots, so all up, we can conclude that 200,000,009 of wows total 60,000,000,000 subs are actually bots. You cant argue with the facts, dont even bother.

tl;dr - classic raiding is 26x harder than any mythic boss ever, and pvp is 406x more skilled than pve.

TINKERS CONFIRMED!

I certainly understand individuals wish to have multi boxing banned - i really do. But reality is Blizzard have been over this a thousand times - the act of owning and operating multiple accounts together is fine. The process of operating those multiple characters at once is the only point of interest. So long as the method of operation and control of those characters doesnt breach any rules, there is nothing they can or will do.
    Do like BG's and disable the /follow feature.

No, because it can negatively affect other people.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    No, because it can negatively affect other people.
    How exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    And Blizzard would never put profit before gameplay would they.....?
    That too is irrelevant... because its Blizzard's property to do with as they see fit.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That too is irrelevant... because its Blizzard's property to do with as they see fit.
    As a consumer that is an interesting stance. Regardless, the question is "Should multiboxing be allowed" - what is your opinion?
    Last edited by MrFawlty; 2020-08-12 at 09:03 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really love how completely incapable of critical thinking anybody who is against multiboxing is.

If multiboxing goes away, consumable prices will skyrocket. If consumable prices skyrocket, the incentive to do things automatically becomes more prescient. If the incentive to do things automatically is more prescient, botting becomes more prescient. So, in effect, removing multiboxing would ultimately make the already shitty problem of botting even more lucrative and accomplish absolutely nothing other than making consumables more expensive and scarce. Congratulations my dues, "I don't like it therefore it shouldn't exist" has yet again triumphed over critical thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

I also love seeing this post for the 4,893rd time this thread. Bravo dude. You really nailed it!
    oh sorry that I gave my opinion on a 30+ pages's topic

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    oh sorry that I gave my opinion on a 30+ pages's topic
    Not to worry cause he is wrong. If blizzard didnt have to investigate thoughrouly wether it's a multi boxer or a bot, it would be much easier to ban all bots by just looking for the exact same inputs. No software investigation required.

Not only that, but a drive up in prices will lead to more players actually feeling motivated to harvest materials and craft items, cause it's a more valuable use of their time. It would drive player play, not bot play.
    It's a silly thing to conclude...Lets allow cheating cause it might make our prices go down! Yeah... doesn't fly with me either.

Because 100% of subscriber profits go straight into Bobby Kotick's bank account? Like, fuck dude. If you're going to make a shitty argument at least think about it. My God.
    You have an amazing track record of not admitting your own mistakes. I just showed you, with sources, the prices of various yachts, and how much money Blizzard makes from multiboxers. Ofc Kotik doesn't take subscription money as is, ofc it gets filtered through the business, but the point remains.

I bet you didn't even know the average price of a yacht before I gave you the info. Stop being a jackass and admit you were fucking wrong, for once. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to comment ANYTHING ELSE other than this line? I've seen you say the same damn thing in multiple threads, on multiple topics...are you some payed Blizzard agent by any chance? You always love reminding people that WoW belongs to Blizz and they can do w/e the fuck they want with it.

You're like those kids in school who thought they were smart because they reminded everyone that 4+4 = 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    You have an amazing track record of not admitting your own mistakes. I just showed you, with sources, the prices of various yachts, and how much money Blizzard makes from multiboxers. Ofc Kotik doesn't take subscription money as is, ofc it gets filtered through the business, but the point remains.

I bet you didn't even know the average price of a yacht before I gave you the info. Stop being a jackass and admit you were fucking wrong, for once. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to comment ANYTHING ELSE other than this line? I've seen you say the same damn thing in multiple threads, on multiple topics...are you some payed Blizzard agent by any chance? You always love reminding people that WoW belongs to Blizz and they can do w/e the fuck they want with it.

You're like those kids in school who thought they were smart because they reminded everyone that 4+4 = 8.

Nope, just dont see any rational reason to flipping my shit to what ever the FOTM hissy fit is. If we dont like what the hell Blizzard is doing, we should actually do something about it... like stop paying them... cause as long as you keep throwing money at them and having the melt downs like folks are nothing will change.

As far as the yachts... you've failed miserably to even demonstrate 1) that his bonuses are contingent on multiboxers, and 2) that he actually spends that money on, yachts. So there is zero reason for anyone to admit being wrong.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Eh ran into a dark side of this recently, got sniped in the battle for Naz by legaylas and company. Almost felt like reporting due to name but moved on after a min.

Nope, just dont see any rational reason to flipping my shit to what ever the FOTM hissy fit is. If we dont like what the hell Blizzard is doing, we should actually do something about it... like stop paying them... cause as long as you keep throwing money at them and having the melt downs like folks are nothing will change.

As far as the yachts... you've failed miserably to even demonstrate 1) that his bonuses are contingent on multiboxers, and 2) that he actually spends that money on, yachts. So there is zero reason for anyone to admit being wrong.
    It is rational to go around forums defending Blizzard at what ever FOTM "hissy fit" is I susspose?

Simply dismissing someones concerns as "dont like it, dont pay it" is not a reasonable thing to do. One day, however hard it is to imagine Blizzard may start to take the game in a direction you dont like - what you going to do, immediately cancel the 12 months subscription you bought at the first sign of trouble?

Although I think we all know what it is I would be interested what your opinion is on the subject of multi boxing.

15+ Year Old Account
    This whine again.... Yes. There is no problem with multiboxing. The only ppl hating on it is the ppl that is mad they can't afford it and has a tinfoil hat mindset about it being superior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It is rational to go around forums defending Blizzard at what ever FOTM "hissy fit" is I susspose?

Simply dismissing someones concerns as "dont like it, dont pay it" is not a reasonable thing to do. One day, however hard it is to imagine Blizzard may start to take the game in a direction you dont like - what you going to do, immediately cancel the 12 months subscription you bought at the first sign of trouble?

Although I think we all know what it is I would be interested what your opinion is on the subject of multi boxing.
    Then you probably should go digging in the very very long list of threads about the very same subject, since this isn't even a new topic of tantrum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course Blizzard makes money from a multi-boxer. They also make money from bots but turn that profit down when they ban accounts that bot. So it isn't about the money or about yachts. Mr. Kotick makes 30 million a year and has a net worth of 600 million. So 2.5 million only covers a small part of his salary. Blizzard still makes a ton of money off of WoW. That isn't news to anyone.

Blizzard makes more money off of those who do not multi-box by your own argument. So it is pointless to assign a "yacht value" with the intention of it meaning anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You took something said that was obviously sarcasm then tried to prove it was accurate by googling the prices of yachts in some weird attempt to say "I told you so," which completely and totally bypasses the fact that there's an absolutely zero percent chance that whatever meager amounts of "profit" Blizzard derives from multiboxer subscriptions is being used to finance anything for Bobby Kotick, much less a fucking yacht.