Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hope you and your wifes son somehow find enjoyment in your useless pixels
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Lol at the haters. If someone can spend 2k on a game they're making a lot more than that. OP i have spent 1k on tokens already. Kind of wished I bought off gallywix tho

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    10 tokens a month, prepatch is out probs end of next month, you wont have enough time
    fuck...is there no other way?

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    Risky ways, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    10 tokens a month, prepatch is out probs end of next month, you wont have enough time
    I was under the impression that, if you were purchasing with money, you could buy 20 tokens a week (and hold a maximum of 20 at a time).

I worked out that if i were to farm from now until the pre-patch time (estimated around october) i may only be able to farm up 1 of the 2 mounts. that means i dont play any other game and use all 12 toons i have to do it. screw that. i can farm real life far easier but i keep seeing people say i can merge accounts.

both my son and i are acquiring this long boi. but ive seen folk say that if you have the wow accounts shared he has access to even though we still pay separate subs. one is definately cheaper to get than 2 but he also has his own battlenet so wouldnt he lose that if it were to all merge?

either way, the goal is what is in the topic. crazy, but who fucking cares right? only snag i see is some people say wow tokens are limited in purchase to then sell. if thats the case it could affect it.

thanks guys cheers!
    Part of me thinks that you are probably a Blizzard plant saying you are going to do this so other people consider it more acceptable to spend this much on a game with one foot in the grave and the other on a slip and slide directed towards the same grave. If you are a real person considering doing this...how sad is it that a father would teach his son to piss away time and money on something so meaningless while the world burns from Covid and civil unrest. Maybe the world was going to burn anyway but if there are people that survive the coming meltdown, I hope its people that have better priorities about what is important...

Why is account limit even being discussed?

$40 to set up 3 extra accounts means literally nothing to you if you are are already willing to spend thousands on a couple of mounts.
    Last edited by dahoon; 2020-08-15 at 03:53 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoon View Post
    Why is account limit even being discussed?

40$ to set up 3 extra accounts means literally nothing to you if you are are already willing to spend thousands on a couple of mounts.
    It's part of the scam to get people to spend money on something like this by creating a sense of urgency illusion that puts them into a mind state that has no logic being exercised.

so we have our own battlenet ids right...but if i merged his wow account under MY battlenet...that still retains his own battlenet with other games etc?
    You can only merge if your name is on both accounts. Otherwise they would either A) have to start a new account under your battle.net or B) remain separate and one won't get it.

Instead of everyone theorizing about how many you can buy, when, why, and every other dumb theory, why not look at the very establish Blizzard Entertainment-created FAQ regarding the token? It's complete with every aspect you need to know. Crazy how it was 1-2 seconds of google away.

Limitations and Restrictions
    -You cannot trade, mail, vendor, bank, or destroy Tokens. Tokens purchased for real money can only be listed; Tokens purchased from the Auction House can only be consumed for game time or Blizzard Balance.
    -You cannot delete, transfer, faction change, race change, or boost any character with a Token in their inventory.
    -You may use the in-game Shop to purchase a maximum of 20 Tokens per week.
    -Your Blizzard account can only have one type of Token and:
    a maximum of 20 Tokens purchased with money in your inventory at one time
    a maximum of 10 Tokens purchased with gold in your inventory at one time
    -Depending on market activity, a Token may take several days to sell. Tokens are sold in the order they are listed on the Auction House.
    -You cannot purchase Tokens if your World of Warcraft region doesn't match the country listed on your Blizzard Account. For example, you cannot purchase a Token in the US region if your Blizzard Account is registered in an EU country.
    -Gold must be in a character’s inventory to purchase a Token from the character select screen. Gold in the mailbox will not count towards this purchase.
    -Parental Controls may block you from listing a Token on the auction house.
    -WoW Tokens are not available for sale or purchase in World of Warcraft Classic.

Sell carry runs/mythic+/Raid for golds. Hell, Flip auction house if you wish if you got patience or sell tokens but it has limitations. Besides, i would rather use real life money for kid's future or college funds over gaming pixels that will not last forever in future and shutdown for good and money down to the drain. Hell, it's your money. DO whatever you want with it.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-08-15 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Instead of everyone theorizing about how many you can buy, when, why, and every other dumb theory, why not look at the very establish Blizzard Entertainment-created FAQ regarding the token? It's complete with every aspect you need to know. Crazy how it was 1-2 seconds of google away.
    It's probably because there was restrictions on them at one point and could still be under different listings.

I worked out that if i were to farm from now until the pre-patch time (estimated around october) i may only be able to farm up 1 of the 2 mounts. that means i dont play any other game and use all 12 toons i have to do it. screw that. i can farm real life far easier but i keep seeing people say i can merge accounts.

both my son and i are acquiring this long boi. but ive seen folk say that if you have the wow accounts shared he has access to even though we still pay separate subs. one is definately cheaper to get than 2 but he also has his own battlenet so wouldnt he lose that if it were to all merge?

either way, the goal is what is in the topic. crazy, but who fucking cares right? only snag i see is some people say wow tokens are limited in purchase to then sell. if thats the case it could affect it.

thanks guys cheers!
    On topic, the market is pretty dead except for a few places, but acquiring millions before the expansion is unlikely without doing gold carries, borrowing the gold, or buying tokens.

As far as "it's a waste lol", "lol dead pixels lol", "ur family is screwed lol", or other smoothbrain, mouthbreathing comments from the poor, destitute, lazy, envious, or clueless, it's only as valuable as you want it to be. Greater efforts have been spent on other hobbies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's probably because there was restrictions on them at one point and could still be under different listings.
    Well, thankfully, Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, added a sick thing at the top of each of their FAQ pages that indicates how often each page is updated.

This one has: "Updated: 2 weeks ago", so I suspect it's pretty valid.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Well, thankfully, Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, added a sick thing at the top of each of their FAQ pages that indicates how often each page is updated.

This one has: "Updated: 2 weeks ago", so I suspect it's pretty valid.
    So far I found the original system of 36 in 24 month period. Then there was a 10/week restriction.

Under this article: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...tional-details

The article you linked doesn't mention anything, but who knows if that is truly the case because sometimes those articles are horribly outdated even if their "Updated" status was recent. For instance the post says "See our blog for more information" and you click the link and it takes you to the homepage because said blog isn't active.

They've also said in the past that the limits and restrictions can change at any point if the deem so based on the economy. With it being close to expansion we will probably see an influx of tokens (meaning prices will likely drop some) and they could in turn limit them again temporarily.

Just buy from Chinese, clearly Blizzard doesn't care about buying gold. Its also gonna be a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I bought it the first 5 minutes into the expansion. It is so worth having an AH anywhere you want. Enjoy!
    its worth it for people who know how to use the auction to make a lot of money, for people who need to buy the gold its a waste of money and they will never use it to its full potential anyway...

Imagine getting a virtual Mount instead of going to vacation with your dad.

is that for real? why is it so limited despite paying real world cash?
    To protect people from themselves, obviously.

thanks guys cheers!
    Just curious what do you do for a living?

Also a lot of people are hating in this thread but i'd be pretty chuffed if my dad blew that much cash on a video game I like. Its a pretty nice gesture even if its just a mount.

Good luck to both of you.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.