Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This is what our chat looks like now:
    You might check out: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...filter-classic
    I don't know if it still works, but you were able to ignore particular servers. That could clean up trade chat for you.
    If that dosn't work then you could use Badboy as you can filter out particular words. So you could get quite far by adding the most used Polish words.

But apart from that then you are out of luck. I haven't been able to find anything that suggests that Blizzard considers it to be against the ToS to use another language than the server language in public chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    "Voting with your wallet" is nonsense.
    Regardless pointing out facts and enjoying WoW today is not being a WK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Hmm a company that stated it was "“reducing certain non-development and administrative-related costs across our business,” dosent sound like its investing its public relations.

Who could also forget the Diablo mobile game which I sure was green lit following excellant feedback gathered from the Diablo fanbase.
    Oh you mean the 'WAHHHH DIABLO 4 FONE' game that another studio is developing while Blizz was (and is) working on Diablo 4?

Yeah, I remember it, and I remember the reaction to it.

And your post is a great example of what I was talking about in my previous post. The idea that the only Diablo game Blizz is allowed to make is the one 'approved by the Diablo fanbase'? Fuck that nonsense - if Blizz wants to make Super Diablo Kart for the 3DS, that's their right.

Fans need to stop confusing 'I like this thing' with 'I have ownership of this thing'.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-08-14 at 03:18 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh you mean the 'WAHHHH DIABLO 4 FONE' game that another studio is developing while Blizz was (and is) working on Diablo 4?

Yeah, I remember it.
    Annnnnnd.......was it a good example of Blizzard listening to its core fan base?

10+ Year Old Account
    Annnnnnd.......was it a good example of Blizzard listening to its core fan base?
    If you want to dictate the games Blizz makes, get a job there. They don't need your permission to make a game for any platform and I'm sorry if that hurts your little feelings.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Regardless pointing out facts and enjoying WoW today is not being a WK.
    No, but lying on behalf of a company when you're ignorant yourself, and attacking players who have valid criticism to offer, is.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not that people are Polish, the problem is that ALL of the people are Polish and they are speaking Polish in the public chats(= this is the problem).

The server and the chat are literally Polish now.

The "English" in the server name doesn't mean it's for English people, it means the public language of communication in that server is English. Not Polish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, French, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Portuguese, German or any other language in the world but English.

It doesn't matter where you are from, you are supposed to communicate in English there. You can speak whatever you wish in your guild or party.

EDIT: This is what the raiding guilds I was familiar with on Al'Akir (a normal English realm) used to be like: 2 Finnish, 2 Estonian, 2 Danish, 3 Swedish, 1 Bulgarian, 1 Romanian, 1 Chinese, ~10 International.

Everybody wrote English, even the god damn Chinese who could hardly mumble a word.
    Tell that to the Illidan server in the USA. It an "english" server but 95% of the players speak some form of chinese. Emotes, bossmods, everything spams in chinese.

The language is a recommended one for those wanting to be with similar language. But it's never been a strict policy. Otherwise you could just report someone and get them banned for speaking in the wrong language.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm a company that stated it was "“reducing certain non-development and administrative-related costs across our business,” dosent sound like its investing its public relations.

Who could also forget the Diablo mobile game which I sure was green lit following excellant feedback gathered from the Diablo fanbase.
    Considering mobile games is the future it's not shortsighted of them to make an iteration of their flagship game for the mobile world. Do you own and play every one of Blizzard's games? The classic remakes as well? I'll bet no. So if it doesn't interest you then don't buy it.

No one was craving a new MMO when WoW started in development. Neither were we all craving a FPS MMO which was Titan and later converted into a FPS run and gun game. Or Hearthstone...

If a company only created games based on customer feedback half the games would never have seen the light of day because risks would never be taken.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

No, but lying on behalf of a company when you're ignorant yourself, and attacking players who have valid criticism to offer, is.
    And where was the lie. One poster was claiming he enjoyed the game and told another to leave until something better comes along?

They only label official supported languages which have complete localization in game.
    "Officially supported languages" is not the same as having server dedicated to some nationality.
    Blizzard is hurting people not showing nationality of players on servers.

Unfortunately you will have to deal with it.

So something they've been doing for 15+ years is a trend?
    They didn't listen to feedback in the BFA beta.

its kinda odd that skullcrusher is listed, but not black dragonflight or gul'dan which are both connected to skullcrusher.

[QUOTE=Puupi;52569672]This is what our chat looks like now:

I am Polish and I have never been on the Burning Legion's Horde side. Now I can see where these memes come from XD On the Alliance side of this server, fewer people speak Polish on trade chat. I more often see there english speaking people.

Whenever I hear someone say " Blizzard listened to us" In my mind I see the finger on a money's paw curling inwards...

If you want to dictate the games Blizz makes, get a job there. They don't need your permission to make a game for any platform and I'm sorry if that hurts your little feelings.
    Never said they did need mine or anyone else permission but thats not the subject of this thread.

You have gone from "listening to thier fans for 15+ years" to "The idea that the only Diablo game Blizz is allowed to make is the one 'approved by the Diablo fanbase'? Fuck that nonsense - if Blizz wants to make Super Diablo Kart for the 3DS, that's their right."

If anyone has got hurt feelings it’s you, stop being so emotive in your defence of Blizzard and you won’t end up contradicting yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Tell that to the Illidan server in the USA. It an "english" server but 95% of the players speak some form of chinese. Emotes, bossmods, everything spams in chinese.

The language is a recommended one for those wanting to be with similar language. But it's never been a strict policy. Otherwise you could just report someone and get them banned for speaking in the wrong language.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering mobile games is the future it's not shortsighted of them to make an iteration of their flagship game for the mobile world. Do you own and play every one of Blizzard's games? The classic remakes as well? I'll bet no. So if it doesn't interest you then don't buy it.

No one was craving a new MMO when WoW started in development. Neither were we all craving a FPS MMO which was Titan and later converted into a FPS run and gun game. Or Hearthstone...

If a company only created games based on customer feedback half the games would never have seen the light of day because risks would never be taken.
    I couldn’t agree with you more, I’m not pretending that Blizzard are anything more than than a corporate shell of a company. Some people however are still under the delusion that they need defending like some kind of best friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was a 400 post thread about this server merge on the official forums already. Blizzard just neatly deleted it without any comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

This is what our chat looks like now:

i can more or less translate

first of all they are talking about :

a) server merges and hope for more
    b) how poles hate each other
    c) some hope that when school starts the trolling from trade will go away

also who is stopping you from starting discussion in english . dont treat polish people like morons - most speak very fluent english as english is the favourite second language tought in most of schools in Poland. (2nd is German which is tought mainly in western Poland and least popular is russian - most learn english as 2nd language. - very many young ambitious people pick up additional language like German/Italian and more and more popular is chinese/japanese besides english too )

- - - Updated - - -

There was a 400 post thread about this server merge on the official forums already. Blizzard just neatly deleted it without any comment.
    thats because they will be merging much more servers together . this is just beggingin not final product.

at this very moment they announced that they will merge on US full server with high pop one to balance faction population .

they are clearly planing very heavy merges . so just wait couple of week and they will merge few more servers to BL too
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-08-15 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Why don't they just break servers up by language and then connect those rather then hoping it just works out?
    Because then latin american servers would never be able to finish an LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Yeah and they haven't listened to players at all, especially with covenants, and they won't.
    Blizzard always listens. Not implementing your every demand does = not listening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They didn't listen to feedback in the BFA beta.
    THey did listen to the feeeback. Not caving to your every tantrum does not = not listening.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not implementing your every demand does = not listening.
    You should proof-read the things you write. I don't really think you said what you wanted to say here.

OT: What do I care if Blizzard "listens", if they don't act on it. Everybody can just lsten. That's not worthy of appraisal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    THey did listen to the feeeback. Not caving to your every tantrum does not = not listening.
    What's the point of "listening" to feedback, if you continue with your awful game design anyway. Nobody wants Blizzard to just "listen". They want Blizzard to pull the heads out of their asses and realize their decisions are dumb. Players aren't looking for a "listener".

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah it's a good trend (Blizzard listening), let's hope it continues.
    Kind of scares me tbh, has me afraid that they know Shadowlands will not be that enjoyable, so they are giving us everything we want up front to purchase it.