Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    This whine again.... Yes. There is no problem with multiboxing. The only ppl hating on it is the ppl that is mad they can't afford it and has a tinfoil hat mindset about it being superior
    "yes people should be allowed to cheat, get good poorboy."

Do you really think you're the better person here? You sound like a toddler. It's unacceptable that blizz lets people cheat just because they make a buck off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    "yes people should be allowed to cheat, get good poorboy."

Do you really think you're the better person here? You sound like a toddler. It's unacceptable that blizz lets people cheat just because they make a buck off of it.
    Blizzard neither profits from multiboxing nor do they consider it cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    As long as they aren't using a program to duplicate their keystrokes for them it should be fine. Once they do that, it's no different than botting in my opinion.
    This.

I have nothing against players playing multiple instances of wow.

But the following should be a rule, violating it should be a bannable offence:

"One keystroke allows for one actions, for one character."

So, you press a key, and one action occurs on all 10 of your fucking flock of druids? Banned. No more flocks of druids sucking Nazjatar dry or interferring with quests by moonfiring everything, or fucking up people in PvP by having 10 druids one shot you with a single synchronized ability.

You want to fly your alt on your other account around on your sandstone drake? Go right ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's not botting at all since I'm performing every action that takes place. I've personally never seen a multiboxer in a dungeon unless they were amazing and I just didn't notice but I'm sure it happens, I've had a couple guys say all they do to level is dungeons.
    You press one button and your 30 druids all repeat that one action.

It's a detriment to everyone else. Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7. Most the nodes I do find "You can't loot that now" because 10 druids used it all up just before I arrived.
    Putin khuliyo

It is allowed, so why do we need post after post about this ? It takes quite a bit before someone actually cancels their account and sub over multiboxers. and the 4-5 per year that might do it. Their sub fees is still covered by 1 multiboxer. So obviously blizzard is going for the option that makes them the most money. Wow is a product after all

We don't have to like it, but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This.

So, you press a key, and one action occurs on all 10 of your fucking flock of druids? Banned. No more flocks of druids sucking Nazjatar dry or interferring with quests by moonfiring everything, or fucking up people in PvP by having 10 druids one shot you with a single synchronized ability.

You want to fly your alt on your other account around on your sandstone drake? Go right ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a detriment to everyone else. Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7. Most the nodes I do find "You can't loot that now" because 10 druids used it all up just before I arrived.
    Show us on the doll where the flocks of Druids in Nazjatar touched you.

Your argument doesn't seem to be about multiboxing, it seems that you just want to make it so the only reason people multibox is removed from the game. Real forward thinking, friendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as PVE content goes it's fine but in PVP Blizzard should find a way to ban those people from participating in BGs unless they disable their multiboxing. It's straight up cheating. I've went up against these people and while they are killable if you have a small group with you they are impossible to beat one on one especially if they're ranged.

I actually don't understand why nothing is being done about multiboxing in PVP at least.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard neither profits from multiboxing nor do they consider it cheating.
    You have no idea if they think its cheating or not. They almost certainly take into consideration the amount of money it raises before making any conclusions. If WoW was to go free to play I suspect Blizzard's stance on the subject may well change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Then you probably should go digging in the very very long list of threads about the very same subject, since this isn't even a new topic of tantrum.
    Why will that help me, have you put your opinion on the subject in any of those?

This.

- - - Updated - - -

So now please explain in what way is that different from 10 different players hitting you at the same time.

There is nothing wrong with multiboxing. Yes, it can be annoying but oh well.
    If you see them being bots tho just report them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Why will that help me, have you put your opinion on the subject in any of those?
    I have in fact done that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Blizz only allows it because they have extra sub fees involved.

No, I press one button and it goes to all clients

It's a detriment to everyone else.
    It wasn't a detriment to me before I started multiboxing so idk wtf you're talking about

Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7
    Sounds like you have a problem with bots if they are in fact there 24/7
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Multiboxing the "legit" old school way is fine, alt tabbing between clients and manually controlling each character.

Using 3rd party programs, scripts, hotkeys, macros etc to duplicate keypresses and send them across different accounts is blatantly cheating and modifying the game experience in an unfair advantageous way.

It should be an instant permaban. It's literally cheating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You have no idea if they think its cheating or not. They almost certainly take into consideration the amount of money it raises before making any conclusions. If WoW was to go free to play I suspect Blizzard's stance on the subject may well change.
    It is currently allows so we know that they do not consider it cheating. Money likely doesn't play into because of their actions against bots. Each bot is a loss of money. Sure bots are more likely to reopen if caught but still a loss of money for each ban.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Should multiboxing be allowed?
    It IS allowed to multibox (because it is more money for activision) so this whole topic is for what?
    if you dont like multiboxers ganking you, just say so and we move on....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    It IS allowed to multibox (because it is more money for activision) so this whole topic is for what?
    if you dont like multiboxers ganking you, just say so and we move on....
    Just because something is allowed doesn't mean discussion can't take place to see if it should be allowed. This thread is about people say if they like or or not. It is weird you ask what this thread is for while telling people to do exactly what this thread is for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I press one button and it goes to all clients
    You press one button and that action is repeated by all clients.

And thank you for dragging out that blue post again and again and again. We get it, Blizzard says MBing is legit. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying it shouldn't be.

It wasn't a detriment to me before I started multiboxing so idk wtf you're talking about
    Then you've never herbed nazjatar before.
    Putin khuliyo

Normally i wouldn't care but most multi boxers or at least the ones i have seen especially on classic do it to sell the accounts for real money.Though i know they will never make it against the tos because it brings in money to blizzard.I have seen multiple times a multi boxer in classic with up to 40 or 50 characters following them around.That is a lot of sub money blizzard is getting.So until wow is free to play multi boxers are here to stay i can guaranty you that lol and i don't see wow going free to play ever or its a long long ways away.

ive seen td script mentioned several times here. isnt that basically a 1 button rotation bot? didnt those get a hit with the banwave in... wod i believe it was?

or is that kind of scripting actually allowed? or am i not understanding tdscript at all?

You don't need third party software to multibox, you need third party software to multibox efficiently
    Fair, but show me the multiboxer playing with a keyboard on each hand and foot in perfect synchronicity and I'll show you someone who is lying and using a third party program.

If the token system wasn't in place making Blizzard extra money off of multiboxers, they'd ban the software because it is exactly the kind of software that bots use to do what they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    ive seen td script mentioned several times here. isnt that basically a 1 button rotation bot? didnt those get a hit with the banwave in... wod i believe it was? or is that kind of scripting actually allowed? or am i not understanding tdscript at all?
    I don't know how it works but it is an addon that does everything with Blizzards Addon code. You are right that it is basically a 1 button bot but it is for pet battles. No idea if the same addon code can be applied to more then pet battles. I am 100% sure Blizzard is aware of it but they don't seem to be against it being used for pet battles.