Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I think the mods on off-topic and off-topic politics are Jester Joe, Flarelaine, Rozz

I cannot see Edge- on that list
    No, he is not... It gets brought up every fucking day... Edge has the same reporting power as any of us... I don’t even understand why people give a shit. As long as you don’t go off on people like the post above, you get away with a lot. This is not a strict forum... I have no idea what sort of civil discourse these people have in real life, but jeebus guys... it’s just a gaming forum... things get heated, but who gives a shit? My fall guys store rotation today is nothing, but patterns... that’s something to rage about... but, this? lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    So your whole argument is "they have anti in their name so their the good guys"?
    There's a lot to that post. No, that's not what I said.

They use the exact same tactics as the fascist(s) they bitch about.
    That's a straight-up lie.

This is literally antifa logic. if you disagree you're a nazi. There's no basis. No research, just a handy-dandy label to slap onto some body that calls out the commie larpers for what they are.
    Also, a straight-up lie. Completely divorced from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    70 days of people destroying shit. They got videos showing the damage. I don't give a shit at all if they ban me. I've told them to permaban me before. If y'all want a hugbox that's cool with me.
    Yet, for some reason, you showed videos that confirm what edge said. You seem to act like you give a shit... where simply being civil is a “hugbox”... step back and breath... who cares? Why get so aggravated? You are better than this... you know that...

Translation: i only believe msm.
    I... responded... directly... to... your... videos... wtf? Are you MSM now?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, he is not... It gets brought up every fucking day... Edge has the same reporting power as any of us... I don’t even understand why people give a shit. As long as you don’t go off on people like the post above, you get away with a lot. This is not a strict forum... I have no idea what sort of civil discourse these people have in real life, but jeebus guys... it’s just a gaming forum... things get heated, but who gives a shit? My fall guys store rotation today is nothing, but patterns... that’s something to rage about... but, this? lol
    Seriously, that kind of shit is part of the reason I stepped down. The unthinking hate for daring to disagree with certain people kept splashing over onto the mod team, and I couldn't really respond as directly as they deserved either. I also had to sit there and take it on the chin, so to speak, a lot of the time.

Now, I'm free to point out when someone's lying about basic facts, in that kind of blunt language. If they flame me, I'm free to report it, and it'll get taken care of. And I'm (mostly; some of them still won't give it up) taking my own flak, and it's (again, mostly) not spilling over on the mod team any more.

They can't deal with your argument, so they flame you for being a mod, flame the mod team, and the mod team's too professional to take action that might seem vengeful. It's a shitty position to be in. From experience.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fucker shouldn't of accused me of pearl clutching. Fuck him. It's obvious you don't like different opinions. Since you're argument is lol no antifa is teh good guies. You just want a hug box to jerk each other off.
    Is there even a post where Endus claims Antifa are the good guys? Maybe i missed it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same pattern since a while ago. surprised our "fantastic" mods never caught on.
    I know you are banned, but here is something fun to keep track of. In your device notes, just check every time someone complains that the mods are right wing and on a different page mark people saying they are too left wing. I can almost guarantee, within about 3 months, both pages will need to have checks counted... because the difference between the two pages will be hard to tell otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is there even a post where Endus claims Antifa are the good guys? Maybe i missed it?
    To be clear, and not to respond directly since he's gotten himself a timeout and that feels cheap, I've made a few posts recently pointing out a few things;

1> Antifa aren't fascists, and aren't using fascist tactics
    2> Use of violence is inherent to every form of politics, and its use by Antifa thus cannot be used to demonize them on that basis alone (important emphasis there)
    3> Antifa engage in a lot of non-violent action. And
    4> If you take pretty much any action, even speaking out, against fascism, you are antifascist. That's all it takes to "be Antifa".

If you try and parse those four points to mean "Endus thinks attacking random people and throwing bricks through windows is good", you'd be wrong, and you're not paying attention to what I'm saying. But acting as if unwarranted violence is what Antifa is, that's just a lie. It's a much broader movement than that. Trying to make that argument would be akin to arguing that Republicans are all hood-wearing Klan members. A few are, sure. Doesn't mean they all are.

If we're talking about Antifa pushing back against white supremacist marches, like that in Charlottetown, and standing strong against their initiation of violence, even defending themselves with violence if need be? Yeah. Those are the "good guys".

If we're talking about Antifa sucker-punching someone, even Richard Spencer? That's a bit much. It's funny, but wrong. I'll laugh, but also think his attacker should get charged (and sentenced fairly lightly; it wasn't that bad).

If we're talking about bringing weapons to a peaceful protest and starting shit? Those are bad guys. But a lot of that's turned out to not even be antifa, but false-flag efforts by undercover cops and shit. Even where it isn't, still bad dudes, and I'm not defending that. But if they light a small fire on the floor in a police department, I'm still gonna call out people hyperbolizing that as an attempt to burn the building down.

I know, nuance and context and I judge people by their individual actions and positions, not merely by some label. I'm such a heathen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, bored, upper middle class wannabe anarchist-cosplayers really are a serious threat to this country, I tell ya.

I will never understand the pearl clutching around them as any sort of "threat" to much more than some storefront windows and trash cans.
    And bashing brains in with bike locks, bats, and firebombing whatever looks flammable. But whatever you gotta say to pretend your brownshirts are the good guys.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    And bashing brains in with bike locks, bats, and firebombing whatever looks flammable. But whatever you gotta say to pretend your brownshirts are the good guys.
    I'd challenge you to find where I've ever argued Antifa are the "good guys", or really anything other than just a bunch of fuckin vandals with a wannabe righteous cause. Because I've never had much respect for them since long before they became the conservative bogeyman of the year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be clear, and not to respond directly since he's gotten himself a timeout and that feels cheap, I've made a few posts recently pointing out a few things;

1> Antifa aren't fascists, and aren't using fascist tactics
    2> Use of violence is inherent to every form of politics, and its use by Antifa thus cannot be used to demonize them on that basis alone (important emphasis there)
    3> Antifa engage in a lot of non-violent action. And
    4> If you take pretty much any action, even speaking out, against fascism, you are antifascist. That's all it takes to "be Antifa".

If you try and parse those four points to mean "Endus thinks attacking random people and throwing bricks through windows is good", you'd be wrong, and you're not paying attention to what I'm saying. But acting as if unwarranted violence is what Antifa is, that's just a lie. It's a much broader movement than that. Trying to make that argument would be akin to arguing that Republicans are all hood-wearing Klan members. A few are, sure. Doesn't mean they all are.

If we're talking about Antifa pushing back against white supremacist marches, like that in Charlottetown, and standing strong against their initiation of violence, even defending themselves with violence if need be? Yeah. Those are the "good guys".

If we're talking about Antifa sucker-punching someone, even Richard Spencer? That's a bit much. It's funny, but wrong. I'll laugh, but also think his attacker should get charged (and sentenced fairly lightly; it wasn't that bad).

If we're talking about bringing weapons to a peaceful protest and starting shit? Those are bad guys. But a lot of that's turned out to not even be antifa, but false-flag efforts by undercover cops and shit. Even where it isn't, still bad dudes, and I'm not defending that. But if they light a small fire on the floor in a police department, I'm still gonna call out people hyperbolizing that as an attempt to burn the building down.

I know, nuance and context and I judge people by their individual actions and positions, not merely by some label. I'm such a heathen.
    So you´re sayiing that the neo-nazis are also ok with what they´re doing bcs they use violence bcs that´s just how democracys work?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    as opposed to those guys driving cars into people, or chanting "we will not be replaced", or attacking people with hammers, or having kill lists for people they don't like. good luck pretending like this makes you sound like anything but a fascist sympathizer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So you´re sayiing that the neo-nazis are also ok with what they´re doing bcs they use violence bcs that´s just how democracys work?
    I'm saying that I judge neo-nazis for the Nazi shit that they say and push. As I do everyone.

Fuck Nazis, neo- or otherwise. They should be exposed, marginalized, mocked, denigrated, and have their lives utterly ruined.

Not because they use violence. Though yeah, if they do, fuck 'em over twice as hard.

Because they're Nazis. That's enough, all by itself.

Antifa, by that same argument, stand for "fascism is bad and must be opposed". If you find that objectionable, it's almost certainly because you're a fascist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool that we’re fine with people assaulting others for their beliefs, but this a position I’ve seen on these forums before.
    Just felt like leaving this here, the salient bits are from ~1:30-2:30.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Cool that we’re fine with people assaulting others for their beliefs, but this a position I’ve seen on these forums before.
    [video=youtube_share;IPMGSOe7ndg]https://youtu.be/IPMGSOe7ndg[/deo]
    ANTIFA isn't even an organization much less a terrorist one. how many people have ANTIFA killed? none? cope harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    All people need is the title of the video:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

Morons...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    ANTIFA isn't even an organization much less a terrorist one. how many people have ANTIFA killed? none? cope harder.
    Brown shirts were the origin of SS... it’s not unmarked antifa vans that were pulling people off the street. It’s one of the dumbest things anyone can say, but since a moron can make a YouTube video... it must be lulztrue...

- - - Updated - - -

What? Nazis gain power, in order to make their violence legal. It’s literally in Hitler’s Main Kompf, that Hitler realized in prison, that the goal of fascist is to gain political power, then use acceptable violence of government. Would you react the same to unmarked cops, pulling people into cars and antifa pulling people into cars? For antifa it would be an acceleration beyond anything we have seen, while for cops it’s totes justified.

Nazi simps don’t actually want to talk about violence of their cult. In case you didn’t notice, when people compare antifa to nazis, they don’t compare them to Dylan Roof or the guy that shut up a bunch of children at a camp. They don’t compare even the hight if riots burning something down during a protest, to a Nazi bombing court houses and them going to shoot a bunch of children. We had a thread that ‘white nationalist’ only killed 176 people, was overblown by the media, but get what seems like daily threads of antifa rioting.

Anyone saying tact is the same or even similar, is a superficial idiot.

Edit: It’s no wonder these people seem to get their news from memes or YouTube videos explaining said memes. After all, we used memes to learn in school, which is far superior to reading:

Ha! They used a computer mouse for “M: Mouse” that is hilarious...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-15 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Nazis gain power, in order to make their violence legal. It’s literally in Hitler’s Main Kompf, that Hitler realized in prison, that the goal of fascist is to gain political power, then use acceptable violence of government.
    Antifa violence is already acceptable, backed by media, and look at even yourself trying to defend it with "but muh nutsie are worse".

Would you react the same to unmarked cops, pulling people into cars and antifa pulling people into cars? For antifa it would be an acceleration beyond anything we have seen, while for cops it’s totes justified.
    Yeah same works with tax collecting, sanitary inspection and other things government people can do but some masked randoms can not. Is that new to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Antifa violence is already acceptable, backed by media, and look at even yourself trying to defend it with "but muh nutsie are worse".
    No, it’s not... People are going to jail. If it was acceptable, there would be no police stoping them, they would be the police.

Yeah same works with tax collecting, sanitary inspection and other things government people can do but some masked randoms can not. Is that new to you?
    No, I am sure there are plenty of sanitation inspectors, tax collectors and people who have random jobs that are antifa. There are no politicians running on the antifa platform... Antifa does not seek to gain power...

Edit: Is this where we regurgitate that Biden and Harris are antifa, according to Trump? Since the best political target for antifa, is a guy liberals blame for the 3 strike rule and a DA... that sums it up, perfectly...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-15 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Exactly, at first I thought maybe a lot of young people were brainwashed by the ideologies associated with Antifa but over time I realized it's largely just a mixture of boredom, not having a good job, and experiencing an overall lack of meaning in their lives. Unlike a deeply entrenched ideology I think they'll grow out of it as time goes on just by engaging in adult activities like starting a family and getting their first good job and what not.
    Yep, usually all it takes is a girl to rile them up or calm them down. For a supposed patriarchy, it's amazing to see that women really have the biggest influence on society. I would not want to live in an actual male society. We'd probably revert back to animal instinct within two generations.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! They used a computer mouse for “M: Mouse” that is hilarious...
    You didn't even notice the K.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm saying that I judge neo-nazis for the Nazi shit that they say and push. As I do everyone.

Fuck Nazis, neo- or otherwise. They should be exposed, marginalized, mocked, denigrated, and have their lives utterly ruined.

Not because they use violence. Though yeah, if they do, fuck 'em over twice as hard.

Because they're Nazis. That's enough, all by itself.

Antifa, by that same argument, stand for "fascism is bad and must be opposed". If you find that objectionable, it's almost certainly because you're a fascist.
    Ah so marginalizing of people who don´t think the same way you think is it then.

Hm where have i heared that before, you might have to help me her Endus, i think i distantly can remember some people doing that with great enthusiasm before, just where and when might that have happened i wonder?

But nice double standart there, it´s ok as long as they have the same opinion as me, but fuck them over as soon as they say something i don´t like.

And yeah i know you now will say they´re nazis and don´t deserve the same decency as everyone else but as far as i know they have the same rights and somehow that isn´t ok with othe rpeople.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah so marginalizing of people who don´t think the same way you think is it then.

Hm where have i heared that before, you might have to help me her Endus, i think i distantly can remember some people doing that with great enthusiasm before, just where and when might that have happened i wonder?

But nice double standart there, it´s ok as long as they have the same opinion as me, but fuck them over as soon as they say something i don´t like.

And yeah i know you now will say they´re nazis and don´t deserve the same decency as everyone else but as far as i know they have the same rights and somehow that isn´t ok with othe rpeople.
    Being nazis, they believe in the murder and dehumanization of others. They don’t get the same rights as others.

Nazism isn’t “another opinion”.