Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Ok firstly, a talent you can easily swap so it’s a bad example.... if you’re using an AOE talent on trash then it’s not a dead button.
    in M+ you cant change them, and AOE talent is usualy useless on boss, so are most AOE, pvp focused or as you mention healing abilities for dps, there is virtualy no scenario in the whole game where you could use all your abilities without some of them being complete waste of GCD

i'm just kinda bummed that the only combat ability that doesn't seem totally meh is in a covenant i'm not interested in. doesn't help that their signature ability seems kind of crappy also.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    True, but I'd also prefer to not have a dead button on my bar because I chose my Covenant for Aesthetic reasons.

Literally, for some specs, their Covenant ability isn't worth wasting a GCD (or channel time) on, while other abilities are clearly built for PvP (or PvE) and have little to no use in the other.
    If Blizzard can sort those issues out then great, but so far they seem very reluctant to re-design any of the abilities (except for the Paladin Night Fae one iirc).
    Yeah, some of the covenant abilities are essentially raw dps, which I think they should have avoided. But if they kill the damage of some abilities to bring them more in line with the utility centric abilities, that would just devalue them too much. Worse still are abilities that bring a synergy in the spec like Prot Pally Kyrian or Rogue night fae with mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    in M+ you cant change them, and AOE talent is usualy useless on boss, so are most AOE, pvp focused or as you mention healing abilities for dps, there is virtualy no scenario in the whole game where you could use all your abilities without some of them being complete waste of GCD
    Again, you still use those AOE talents on trash in your M+ dungeon... which is often the real boss anyway. That’s why you spec for AOE/Cleave in M+ most weeks. You can then respec that talent after your dungeon for raiding, or PVP or whatever.

If you chose a “Dead talent” for your entire M+ run then I’m not sure what to say... unless that whole row is useless in which case gg Blizzard.

I did not mention healing abilities for DPS. I said there are covenant abilities which are good for your healing spec but are dead buttons for your DPS spec because Blizzard have tried to make these abilities class specific not spec specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I particularly liked the "just" part there.

There is no "just", this is how it's going to be and you better wake up and smell the reality. At the very most, what I DO expect them to do is offer a "multispec" somewhere in 9.2 to allow to switch between 2 or more covenants on the flight.
    It could even make sense lore-wise sort of. Lead the narrative to us uniting the shadowlands being a champion of more than one covenant as time goes on.
    S.H.