Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    heal and tank spec for necromancer?No thanks.better 3 dps specs.

How boring.

Why did this thread even reach the sixth page? The answer is Necromancer.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Ranger or Necromancer.

But I've seen the Necromancer VS Death Knight debate way too many times to read all of it again.

Or that funny Tinker "as a Ghostbuster theme" leak from 4Chan.

Another Dead class on the bottom of the damage meters.

See what I did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Another Dead class on the bottom of the damage meters.

See what I did there.

Hey now, it wasn't too long ago Breath of Sindragosa was carrying Frost DK's up to that #1 spot in single target boss fights.

RIP the good boring ole' days.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Hey now, it wasn't too long ago Breath of Sindragosa was carrying Frost DK's up to that #1 spot in single target boss fights.

RIP the good boring ole' days.
    Ah, I did not mean that. Just the expression "I am playing a dead class, buff plz" was more the idea

Funny you should mention Frost DK though, my new main in Shadowlands :>

well I think Dark Rangers or Necromancers were expected.

I'm not taking excuses like it's too Death-Knightish. Demon Hunters.

imagine if we had a Demon Hunter in vanilla and somebody came up with the idea of Demonology Warlock. (iiii it's tii Dimin Hintirish)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    well I think Dark Rangers or Necromancers were expected.

I'm not taking excuses like it's too Death-Knightish. Demon Hunters.

imagine if we had a Demon Hunter in vanilla and somebody came up with the idea of Demonology Warlock. (iiii it's tii Dimin Hintirish)
    Demonology Warlocks in vanilla were absolutely, like absolutely nothing like Demon Hunter, so your argument is kind of terrible.

The only similarity that these 2 ever had (which wasn't in vanilla) was meta. Demo Locks don't even really use fel magic.

Anything but tinker basically.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Demonology Warlocks in vanilla were absolutely, like absolutely nothing like Demon Hunter, so your argument is kind of terrible.

The only similarity that these 2 ever had (which wasn't in vanilla) was meta. Demo Locks don't even really use fel magic.
    yea u're right. maybe I don't remember class identities from vanilla, but you get the idea. hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    How boring.
    hiw boring?"in wich planet do ypu live?most people only play dps,because tank and healer are very disgusting and bored roles....being dps role the favorite.

second,a necromancervis not a tank and he is not a healer...god....he is a 3 spec dps pure.same that rogue,wsrlpck or mage.he is not a support like paladin...

3,look dhs,they fell stupids being tank,the must be 3 dps spec too,a pure dps....

4people will not play tan or healer because new class qith support spec. this is not good solution.so,plz sont brake the hero class essence.no more tanks or healers
    ..for classes pure dps.

We already have Hunter and Demon Hunter. We don't want another Hunter or Hunter-synonym like Dark Ranger.

A character that specializes in Undead Pets would be cool. But since the Necromancer wasn't put into the expansion that best fits it, that's not a good sign for it's inclusion in the future. If it goes in, I would like for it to be able to resurrect newly dead adds. Maybe have those pets slowly disintegrate over time, so they do more damage the fresher they are. This would be great for M+, where groups with a Necromancer pull different packs than normal based on the strength of the resurrected trash mobs.

Given that Blizzard struggles to keep players happy with the current 36 specs, I don't think they are looking to make their jobs more challenging.

hiw boring?"in wich planet do ypu live?most people only play dps,because tank and healer are very disgusting and bored roles....being dps role the favorite.

second,a necromancervis not a tank and he is not a healer...god....he is a 3 spec dps pure.same that rogue,wsrlpck or mage.he is not a support like paladin...

3,look dhs,they fell stupids being tank,the must be 3 dps spec too,a pure dps....

4people will not play tan or healer because new class qith support spec. this is not good solution.so,plz sont brake the hero class essence.no more tanks or healers
    ..for classes pure dps.

That's absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Yeah, in a post-Mechagon world, it's incredibly unlikely that they'll ever get much spotlight again. Tinkers will never be thematically relevant.

You never know. I bet a lot of people said when we didn't get necromancers in WOTLK that it would never be that relevant again yet here we are in Shadowlands.

Though honestly, as much as I crave Tinkerer I doubt Blizzard will ever add another class to WoW. It's a lot of work, it multiplies the amount of work they have to do every expansion and they can just as easily not make a new class. Especially with a lot of cost/profit analysis controlling Blizzard now with Activision, just doesn't seem like it would ever make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the scourge events occurring in the Shadowlands pre-patch, it's pretty obvious that Necromancers would have fit in this expansion perfectly. Heck, you could imagine an introductory storyline where the loss of the Lich King's control over the scourge gives rise to Necromancers being brought into service to use their powers to help bring the scourge back under control until the end of the expansion.

Again, the fact that Blizzard said that no new class fits the theme of this expansion is pretty damn telling.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the answer to the question is obviously either Dark Ranger or Necromancer. however both those classes are way too similar to what we already have in game and if introduced would mean abilities being removed from similar classes and given to those two. which isn't anything that anyone wants. the only way forward for a new class is to make it absolutely nothing like anything we have in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Necromancers.... Blizz had the perfect opportunity to add another class. Guess they have no imagination(read:resources) to design a new class for now. Maybe they'll surprise us and make it part of a 9.3 patch.. maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancers or Dark Rangers

Necromancers, because of the actual expansion, the themes, the story, and undeath. AS for Dark Rangers, can easily pull another LK (sylv) training next set of DKs (DRs) and when things go to shit, DKs (DRs) join the "good" side, after getting spit on by everyone in the capital city. "since we are going to go kill sylvannas" (probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Considering the scourge events occurring in the Shadowlands pre-patch, it's pretty obvious that Necromancers would have fit in this expansion perfectly. Heck, you could imagine an introductory storyline where the loss of the Lich King's control over the scourge gives rise to Necromancers being brought into service to use their powers to help bring the scourge back under control until the end of the expansion.

Again, the fact that Blizzard said that no new class fits the theme of this expansion is pretty damn telling.
    i think that,we can see some good for dks in SL but,no big things...woulb be godly a unholy rework to caster,or a new caster spec for dk....but...what happen always is that they take money and then,they stop work......i dont wait nothing from them.they have the money long time ago,they stopped work seriosly....

10+ Year Old Account
    i think that,we can see some good for dks in SL but,no big things...woulb be godly a unholy rework to caster,or a new caster spec for dk....but...what happen always is that they take money and then,they stop work......i dont wait nothing from them.they have the money long time ago,they stopped work seriosly....
    A more likely scenario is that they decided long ago that the necromancer class in WoW is the DK and never had any intention of ever doing a Necromancer class. Hence why they put the Necromancer's abilities into the DK class from jump.

Consider that from the beginning Blizzard has had issues with the Necromancer class concept. I don't know if they simply don't like it, if they think it's boring, too much like Everquest, or that there's some other issue going on, but their distaste for that class is why we have the Warlock class instead.