Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    No. It shouldn't. Not for PVE content. Keep PVP and PVE separated... This whole covenant system is in danger to fuck over the entire expansion if done wrong, and for every thing it fixes, there is some attempt to hook into bullshit-territory. PVE-Players should not have to debble in PVP if they don't want to to fully finish a covenant and neither should PVP-Players have to deal with PVE to optimize their PVP-Experience. The overlap is not that big, with how obsessed Blizzard is to make it that way...

I would be surprised if PVP-Players are opposed to that, remembering the endless bawling ever since Wrath about PVE-Items in PVP.
    you dont need to "debble in pvp to fully finish covenant" you are MOTIVATED to do pvp if you want conduit that MIGHT BE (we dont now that yet) better by tiny margin than other coundiuts accessible via pve...
    we dont know if they are even useful in pve, or if they are only available via pvp, or HOW they are locked behind pvp (if its on honor vendor thats laughable "lock" )... so this post is making an issue out of something without knowing ANYTHING...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-08-15 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    It's not that PVP shouldn't have rewards, so stop with that childish reply it's the lowest IQ argument I read on this forum.

PVP players should be able to get the same items by doing PVP, PVE players should be able to get the same items by only doing PVE.
    But blizzard are lazy, you'd think a billion dollar company would be able to handle such things like... "You get this for killing a Mythic boss" or "You get this same item for getting 2K rating" problem solved, PVPers can get the item doing pVP and don't have to cry about killing dragons. PVE players can get that same item for killing dragons without having to pvp and cry about maintaining a rating that I could get playing by farting on my keyboard.
    But then how would blizzzard prop up their lame duck pvp system to prevent 2 hour queues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I sure hope all PvP conduits are utter crap.

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. TOUCH. THAT. SHIT.

im assuming you mean conduits. and from the blue post about conduits they posted recently:

"There will be more than one source for most Conduits, to increase flexibility in acquisition and accessibility across different playstyles."

so, maybe stop being whiny about it and learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A few utility only legendary recipes (which are all account wide) are acquired through pvp. We do NOT know you can only acquire them that way. And you can acquire conduits through pvp but you can acquire conduits in multiple waysl

What is it with people who think their way of playing is the only valid way and every other way must have weaker or no progression paths . . .
    Because it makes more sense as much as people are loath to admit it. Raiding and mythic plus make sense... the rewards are to complete the content they require it...

The whole reason why progressions are dead and buried is because you can't make open world mobs drop needed materials when ilv inflates so much the world become 2 shot everything that moves. Power just to feel powerful actively breaks the game when it isn't properly balanced on the difficulty curve.

PVP is the red headed step child of this system. I won't lie most pvpers above 2100 are as good as mythic raiders who get CE 2300+ I would consider a match for world 200. Their content does justify that kind of power gain in terms of difficulty but it doesn't make sense for their content.

When you are fighting other players all a gear disparity does is punish late comers and close off avenues of success for more skillful players fighting players they can't beat due to stats alone. Gear doesn't belong in pvp in wow but it was accepted mostly because it was always there. Its a flawed and inferior system to properly balanced stat templates.

I am all for pvp having the rarest mounts,titles,pets, trasmog, and toys in the game but power simply doesn't fit its niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    locking certain reward behind content is MOTIVATING you to do the content
    More like demotivating... Oh you wanna tank high m+? Don't even bother without versatility stacking which conflict&strife is a big important component of... Welp, guess I'm not doing m+ either...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I sure hope all PvP conduits are utter crap.

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. TOUCH. THAT. SHIT.
    Exactly the same here, but PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean I can easily by understanding how both work...

PvE has rewards to draw it out. If you remove them you have issues with teams simply clearing content at a speed blizz can never sustain.

PvP is fighting other players . Now wow pvp is very formulaic more so the higher rating you go but it doesn't have any reason to have increasing power. You simply face more and more skillful opponents.

Your trying to compare apples and oranges.
    PvE to PvE is apples to oranges, yes, but I'm not comparing PvE to PvP. I'm not making a comparison at all. I'm explaining what it is exactly that motivates players: loot. Players want upgrades.

You are also failing to understand Blizzard's motivations here: They lock items/powers behind certain activities so that players will be driven to partake in those activities. They want PvE players to try out PvP and vice versa. It's a design decision that they've had since the beginning.

I get that you want to keep raid gear in raids, mythic gear in mythics and have PvP be a zero sum game, but that goes against Blizzard's goal of having players try a variety of different content.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2020-08-15 at 09:21 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    More like demotivating... Oh you wanna tank high m+? Don't even bother without versatility stacking which conflict&strife is a big important component of... Welp, guess I'm not doing m+ either...
    im glad we are not making issue out of nothing, like for example that we dont know:
    1. what conduits will be available via pvp
    2. if they will be available ONLY via pvp
    3. if they are actualy useful or even usable in pve
    4. HOW are they locekd behind pvp (if they are on honor vendor thats laughable)
    bcs those are pretty important things that will determine IF there actualy is any issue...
    but we rather jump to conclusion that it will be exactly like a single (afaik) example when you "had to" do pvp (on very low level btw) to be a bit better in pve (yeah, sry but M+20 as tank ARE doable without conflict&strife, it just makes it easier)...

and if it demotivates you, tough luck, but if you want to do peak content you have to do even things you might not like (like farming azerite), always was like that, always will be...

People in these threads are always acting like its a requirement that they all of a sudden are supposed to grind their way into the 2.2k+ bracked in rated when the reality is that its at most a "grab a friend and queue some 2s up to 1300-1500 activity", i mean thats basicaly m+0 in PvE terms guys.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2020-08-15 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    people in these threads are always acting like its a requirement that they all of a sudden are supposed to grind their way into the 2.2k+ bracked in rated when the reality is that its at most a "grab a friend and queue some 2s with a friend up to 1300-1500 i mean thats basicaly m+0 in PvE terms guys.
    if that, we dont actualy even know how its locked behind pvp, might be on honor vendor so you loose couple random bg and have it... but god forbid they have to do something to actualy get reward...

7+ Year Old Account
    So long as they are PVP only then its fine. It's when they put PVE stuff into PVP that it becomes a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm against gear crossing over between content. I think BiS gear for raids should come from raids, for PvP should come from PvP, etc. Though it is nice to see the dragonslayers get burned by the crossover once in a while. When they aren't affected they are usually pro-crossover since it allows them to faceroll players with their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    PvE to PvE is apples to oranges, yes, but I'm not comparing PvE to PvP. I'm not making a comparison at all. I'm explaining what it is exactly that motivates players: loot. Players want upgrades.

You are also failing to understand Blizzard's motivations here: They lock items/powers behind certain activities so that players will be driven to partake in those activities. They want PvE players to try out PvP and vice versa. It's a design decision that they've had since the beginning.

I get that you want to keep raid gear in raids, mythic gear in mythics and have PvP be a zero sum game, but that goes against Blizzard's goal of having players try a variety of different content.
    I guess but that approach seems idiotic and self destructive... If people want to do something they just go and do it. If you have to bribe them to do it all you can do then is offer ever increasing bribes till they get tired and quit.

Do you see the irony of accusing someone of parroting something as you ceaseless parrot people?
    No I don't given that I'm not regurgitating buzz phrases like you.

PvP should have perfectly matched characters fight and skill or in extreme edge cases luck deciding who wins. People are talking like there are a thousand builds for pvp rather then the exact same load out barring minor differences from mythic+ chests.

Every successful pvp game has this from tower of the ancients to shooters like fortnight.
    You still don't seem to understand what an MMO is. Like you fundamentally don't get it. It's not supposed to be like a shooter, because it's not a fucking shooter, it's an MMO. And shit, someone should let ATVI know that their 15 year old game with millions of people still subscribed isn't successful. I'm sure they'll be disappointed by that news.

Why would you want or need gear if you preferred game style is to beat other players on a level playing field?

If you want a power fantasy you can still take your flying mount into the world and gank people half your level.
    I mean, you could also use templates for PvE. Remove gear from the game altogether... I don't think that's a good idea, but it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    No I don't given that I'm not regurgitating buzz phrases like you.

You still don't seem to understand what an MMO is. Like you fundamentally don't get it. It's not supposed to be like a shooter, because it's not a fucking shooter, it's an MMO. And shit, someone should let ATVI know that their 15 year old game with millions of people still subscribed isn't successful. I'm sure they'll be disappointed by that news.
    Well someone should tell bungie and planet side to destroy their games wouldn't want fake mmos...

If your one of dem numbers boys a better question for AIVI would be how is it that oldschool runescape keeps growing by listening its community while wow seems to at best plateaued from random neck breaking changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I mean, you could also use templates for PvE. Remove gear from the game altogether... I don't think that's a good idea, but it can be done.
    The problem with removing it from pve is you get the clear it in one week mentality... gear is the speed bump for most players if you remove it blizzard would run into massive problems with retention. It acts as both a soft nerf and a mechanic to extend content.

Blizzard has mentioned before that there will be multiple ways to acquire Conduits. The Wowhead article that lists the Conduit rewards for PvP goes out of their way to remind readers of this. Twice.

With that in mind, you'll pardon me if I don't immediately froth at the mouth with rage and vitriol at the sheer audacity of Blizzard to ever offer PvP players meaningful rewards like Conduits for participating in PvP content, mostly because I don't want that egg on my face if it turns out that anima vendors for PvE content are going to come out that mirror the PvP vendor. That's not out of the realm of possibility.

If it turns out that those actually are PvP-exclusive Conduits? I'll probably follow the OP's lead somewhat and be a bit frustrated.

But until then, I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you dont need to "debble in pvp to fully finish covenant" you are MOTIVATED to do pvp if you want conduit that MIGHT BE (we dont now that yet) better by tiny margin than other coundiuts accessible via pve...
    we dont know if they are even useful in pve, or if they are only available via pvp, or HOW they are locked behind pvp (if its on honor vendor thats laughable "lock" )... so this post is making an issue out of something without knowing ANYTHING...
    Incorrect. The post is "making an issue out of something" based on the past 16 years of Blizzard's behavior. Don't defend it for the sake of defending it. Can you blame me for don't having much trust into what they do? You got to admit, they are oddly precise in developing exactly past the point... I mean; Look how they almost fucked up Thorgast without LOUD community intervention.

But you are correct. I probably should wait till its out and see what they do with it... But Blizzard had the benefit of the doubt far to often.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

pvp shouldnt offer any power rewards as its nonsensical and counter to its design
    "My style of gameplay is all that matters and fuck everyone else's."

Real great logic you have there. MMO-C never fails to produce nonsensical dreck.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.