Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

#JusticeForCannon

I've been seeing a huge trend on the socials recently about this subject and thought I'd ask it here. I have to ask a question of all of you who are sharing pictures & various posts about the murder of Cannon Hinnant the 5 year old boy shot execution style by a black man and spreading the tag #JusticeForCannon, exactly what JUSTICE are you wanting to accomplish or have done for him? Cannon was murdered around 530pm, a statewide search went into affect immediately. The man who shot him, Darius Sessoms, was arrested and thrown in jail without bail within 24 hours of the murder happening. What more JUSTICE do you want? Do you realize the JUSTICE that is lacking for people like Breonna Taylor who was murdered by police back in March while she was sleeping in her own bed and who's boyfriend was arrested on the spot and charges not dropped until the end of May?

Is it because of his age that you are so enraged and demanding justice? If so, where was this rage and calls for justice when 12 year old Tamir Rice was shot within 2 seconds of police arriving at the park he was playing at simply because he was playing with his sister and friends and holding a toy gun? Police were never charged in this 2014 killing of an innocent black child. Where is HIS justice? OH wait, I guess since the family successfully sued the officers involved and city of Cleveland where it happened for $6 million dollars, they got JUSTICE right. Because we all know that money can bring back a dead person wrongfully killed by someone.

If it isn't his age then is it because it was a white kid killed by a black man and the national news didn't cover a "normal" murder in a town that has 49,000 people residing in it in the middle of nowhere North Carolina?

If age isn't the issue then what exactly is the issue with Cannon's family getting justice for him with the shooter behind bars within 24 hours of him being murdered??? How is our justice system NOT working for Cannon's family? Isn't the whole premise of our criminal justice system to arrest those who have done us wrong and isn't that exactly what happened to the murderer in less than 24 hours of his murder?

They probably mean the other kind of "justice", that doesn't involve law enforcement.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the people I talk to.... They seem to think being in the news = justice. They are only upset it's not being broadcast on the national news.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

People are going to abuse his memory for a silly tit-for-tat game.

The "justice" they are clamoring for involved a noose, a tree and a picnic.

And yes, Tamir Rice doesn't count because he was "menacing" or some such dumb shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    People are going to abuse his memory for a silly tit-for-tat game.
    What tit for tat?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What tit for tat?
    "Say his name" and all that, trying to steal BLM's thunder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    "Say his name" and all that, trying to steal BLM's thunder.
    What does this have to do with BLM? I still don’t understand...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    When the Good Ol' Boys want the same justice for, I dunno, the victims of mass school shootings, count me on board.

Until then, what you're hinting at in your post is almost assuredly correct.

You are using the wrong pronouns for Breonna dude
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-16 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

It's because some people are so incapable of rational thought that they think it's about media coverage rather than justice. They don't seem to understand the difference between a little boy who was murdered and whose killer was almost immediately in custody pending prosecution, versus victims executed in the street only for their killers to not be arrested until public outcry forced the issue.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2020-08-16 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    wut ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

#LynchMobJusticeForCannon more accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What does this have to do with BLM? I still don’t understand...
    It's concern trolling from the "all lives matter" people.

"Why aren't BLM protesting against this BLACK ON BLACK CRIME?!?!?"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    It's concern trolling from the "all lives matter" people.
    They kind of played themselves when they supported elderly people dying for the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    People don’t understand the difference between cops killing people and civilians doing so. Even though it’s really easy. Just two words. Qualified Immunity.
    But he was BLACK.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/us/no...led/index.html

So...they caught the guy?

And he's facing first-degree murder charges?

That seems all to be working as intended to me.

I'm still not sure why many conservatives seem to be completely losing their minds over what is absolutely a heinous crime, but one that seems absent of any systemic injustice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    If you're insinuating that Breonna Taylor was a guy or that when I referred to Kenneth Walker (her boyfriend) as a male that he is actually a female, you're an idiot. Breonna Taylor was a female EMT who was shot by police while she was sleeping in the bed. Her boyfriend Kenneth Walker was arrested on site for first-degree assault and attempted murder of a police officer when he shot Officer Jonathan Mattingly in the leg when they stormed into Breonna's place. Kenneth was acting in self-defense when he shot and is licensed to carry a firearm. Kenneth was released on house arrest about a week after he was put in jail due to COVID crowding concerns at the jail. The president of the Police Union for River City (where this all happened) objected to Kenneth being released on house arrest saying “Not only is he a threat to the men and women of law enforcement, but he also poses a significant danger to the community we protect! I call on the public to condemn the actions of Judge Olu Stevens.” Then later claimed the judge didn't factor the population of the jail into his reason for releasing Kenneth and said "So an overcrowded jail did not figure into Judge Steven's decision to release an alleged, attempted cop killer back into the community without even so much as requiring bail. Our community, which is full of voters, needs to carefully examine decisions such as these made by our public officials". The police are full of liars and apparent criminals in their actions regarding Breonna Taylor's death and the charges against Kenneth Walker.

[Infraction]

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm still not sure why many conservatives seem to be completely losing their minds over what is absolutely a heinous crime, but one that seems absent of any systemic injustice.
    The answers I get from people when I ask the same thing to them is how the media didn't cover his murder like they did with all the black people who's died that fit the agenda "of the left-wing media". They say that because this happened to a white kid that the media didn't care to post about it other than FOX News. Little do they understand that had the shooter NOT been arrested within 24 hours of the murder happening it would have been all over the news even though it happened in bumfucked North Carolina population 40 something thousand. If this happened in a metro city it would have hit the news that night on the 10/11 o'clock news and went nationwide that night. FOX News didn't even pick up the story until a couple days after the shooter had been caught and they only ran with it because it fit THEIR agenda of the "lamestream media" not covering it. Like literally the angle that FOX News ran with when announcing the story was how a white kid was murdered by a black man and mainstream media failed to report it. They didn't go with the angle that a kid was killed, they went with how other media wasn't covering it....
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-16 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they've got him. His brother's a real loser too..

10+ Year Old Account
    @matheney2k and @Masark I could have guessed your answer... there is a reason why he didn’t...