Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    100 rep is a good one. not too many have it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    This. /10char
    yeah my mistake i forgot i put that in there.

Hand of A'dal is my biggest accomplishment as in it's the coolest thing I got in the game. Might seem trivial to some, but man the nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cleared heroic Nya'lotha, that's good enough for me. I'm not interested in Mythic and I don't really care about "ingame prestige." If I can get AotC every raid tier, it's good enough for me.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Not what this is about but ok
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Thread isnt about that...I know reading comprehension isnt most Trump supporters strong suit but do try and keep up.
    I misread OP, I was tired, dont hate
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Did i just watch a fucking ad?

My biggest WoW accomplishment is apparently still having fun with the game and since many experts here think that's harder than world first mythic i'm pretty content!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hand of A'dal is my biggest accomplishment as in it's the coolest thing I got in the game. Might seem trivial to some, but man the nostalgia.
    Definitely not trivial and a colossal achievement imo if completed before pre-patch but not the super most impressive achievement if quest was completed after prepatch like most of us (including me).

That being said Twin Falls is ok... I lived in a ski area an ~hour away and thats where we went to shop at the mall/costco ETC, but Boise which is ~2 hours from Twin Falls is much cooler/bigger/cosmopolitan, and still a great place to raise a family. Twin falls is still mormon city (fair amount in Boise too, but Boise is cool for real, it has a Portland vibe at times, but its not too much like Portland can be, also nicer/weirder than Salt Lake).
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Absurd thread.

People can consider whatever they want as an accomplishment, regardless of OPs silly opinion.

People have different skill sets, different interests, different time investments, different goals, different ambitions, especially in something as pointless as a video game. So yea OP, maybe a good accomplishment for ya would be not create such absurd threads on mmo-c? Maybe unobtainable, i'd suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandia View Post
    yes the green fire quest was an accomplishment before soo came out. kind of like completing the mage tower before antorus came out.
    I was able to do the boomkin one on like my 5th try, kitty and bear ones before Antorus, and healer one near the end of the xpac. I'd never healed before Legion so I just threw all my spells onto my bars and ran some mythic 0s to learn how it worked and mostly brute forced it. I watched the videos and learned the strats, but everything in that is easier when your dots hit hard enough to kill things before you have to deal with the mechanics multiple times.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandia View Post
    i stumbled on this and saw that the biggest accomplishment is killing a heroic raid boss. do you think this is a big accomplishment? what is your biggest accomplishment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnWH3273XM
    It might an accomplishment for someone. There are plenty of players in WoW for whom killing a boss on heroic would be a big accomplishment. Of course in a group of players with a similar skill level.
    There is nothing wrong with that. And if it makes them happy then good for them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm My guild actually managing to kill Illidan before WOTLK came out is one of the more memorable raid related accomplishments, just because we were so so bad back then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every raid boss I kill, lfr/normal/heroic/mythic, I add to my LinkedIn page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that feels like an accomplishment to you definitely counts.

My greatest sense of accomplishment was back in MoP doing the Brawlers + all the Card Fights you had to find, and I struggled with the archy one for sooo long, and then I finally nailed him and got the Epic shirt!

Clearing LFR is more of a challenge these days
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I think my biggest accomplishment is getting all 36 Mage Tower appearances.
    I would have to agree, nothing I've done in this game has gotten even remotely close to the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment I got from getting 36/36.

Also, on that note: FUCK Jarod Shadowsong.

This is actually me in the video. A friend told me people were talking about me on here so I thought I would chime in lol
    I should start off by saying I probably should have worded it that raid leading a guild to ahead of the curve was a good accomplishment for me, since I wasn't a big raider before I did so. I also was asked to incorporate what I do for a hobby into work and how they can coincide. Hence me bringing in the raid leading as the accomplishment. Thank you for those that said each have their own pace and a sense of accomplishment. I work a lot and have a kid, so I can't do a whole lot more in WoW than I already do

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    Definitely not trivial and a colossal achievement imo if completed before pre-patch but not the super most impressive achievement if quest was completed after prepatch like most of us (including me).

That being said Twin Falls is ok... I lived in a ski area an ~hour away and thats where we went to shop at the mall/costco ETC, but Boise which is ~2 hours from Twin Falls is much cooler/bigger/cosmopolitan, and still a great place to raise a family. Twin falls is still mormon city (fair amount in Boise too, but Boise is cool for real, it has a Portland vibe at times, but its not too much like Portland can be, also nicer/weirder than Salt Lake).
    Nah, it was before pre patch, thats why it's kinda an accomplishment to me, but seeing you could do it after if you had the quests then it lose "value" to some people.

To me I don't care, if I see people with Hand of A'dal then I think its cool, no matter if they did before or after. I don't go and ask

Happy to hear about Twin Falls btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Every raid boss I kill, lfr/normal/heroic/mythic, I add to my LinkedIn page.
    When I get grand kids I am gonna tell them about the day I finally got my pugs to click with me at the same time on Magtheridon. It was such a glorious day.

One big step for me, one giant leap for PuGkind.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Clearing LFR is more of a challenge these days
    I put killing LFR N'Zoth with 10 stacks on my resume. Hardest thing in BfA for sure.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-16 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absurd thread.

People can consider whatever they want as an accomplishment, regardless of OPs silly opinion.

People have different skill sets, different interests, different time investments, different goals, different ambitions, especially in something as pointless as a video game. So yea OP, maybe a good accomplishment for ya would be not create such absurd threads on mmo-c? Maybe unobtainable, i'd suspect.
    I never gave an opinion. I asked a question and started a dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I cleared heroic Nya'lotha, that's good enough for me. I'm not interested in Mythic and I don't really care about "ingame prestige." If I can get AotC every raid tier, it's good enough for me.
    This pretty much. That is the idea of my guild. We get our curve and maybe dabbble in a few Mythic bosses for fun, but curve is our main goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    This pretty much. That is the idea of my guild. We get our curve and maybe dabbble in a few Mythic bosses for fun, but curve is our main goal.
    nothing wrong with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yeah my guild is 2/12 Mythic. We did some M a few times for downing N'Zoth early in our weekly schedule, but we don't focus on M at all. And I don't want to, our GM doesn't want to.

I don't like the 20 player hard limit, I don't like the idea of benching players or being benched myself. I don't want to worry about competing with other players for a spot in the raid; which isn't to say I don't try to pull my own wait or that my guild doesn't have standards, but when you *have* to have 20 people, those things kinda get imposed at a level that I don't enjoy as much.

I think heroic is more inclusive, like, so long as you don't suck, you get an invite. 15 people, 30 people, come one come all, and let's have a good time.

I'm not saying mythic guilds don't have fun, just that they're not my cup of tea.
    Putin khuliyo