Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its 100% time to remove multiboxing as a legal feature of the game.

Those fucking druids taking all the herbs in one go is so fucking annoying.

There is literally nothing good about it for the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    It IS allowed to multibox (because it is more money for activision) so this whole topic is for what?
    if you dont like multiboxers ganking you, just say so and we move on....
    Are you somehow not able to read into a question?

He is posing the question IF it should be allowed - not "Is it allowed?"

The whole topic is because multiboxers are a pain for regular players and are literally bad for the economy of the game, something that blizzard usually takes seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Fair, but show me the multiboxer playing with a keyboard on each hand and foot in perfect synchronicity and I'll show you someone who is lying and using a third party program.

If the token system wasn't in place making Blizzard extra money off of multiboxers, they'd ban the software because it is exactly the kind of software that bots use to do what they do.
    https://technabob.com/blog/wp-conten...tiboxing_1.jpg lol

Why do you think Blizz cares about tokens? Multiboxing has been around since vanilla, I can link you to threads on the WaybackMachine from 2007 where people are using the exact same arguments against multiboxing that people use today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You press one button and that action is repeated by all clients.
    That "action is repeated by all clients" makes it sound like the other clients are copying what one client does when that's not how it works. It gives the impression that "client 1 casts moonfire and all other clients cast moonfire too" when that's not the way it works.

And thank you for dragging out that blue post again and again and again. We get it, Blizzard says MBing is legit. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying it shouldn't be.
    You're welcome

Then you've never herbed nazjatar before.
    I have and have no problem gathering herbs there like many others

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't know how it works but it is an addon that does everything with Blizzards Addon code. You are right that it is basically a 1 button bot but it is for pet battles. No idea if the same addon code can be applied to more then pet battles. I am 100% sure Blizzard is aware of it but they don't seem to be against it being used for pet battles.
    You've never heard of GSE? https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...dvanced-macros It's pretty much the same thing as TDBattleScript but for classes. It'll probably get broken once enough players find out about it and it gets used regularly.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-08-16 at 09:06 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The comment about the subs is flawed... I dont think there are 500 000 multiboxers account... and I'm sure a lot of these multibox accounts are just stolen accounts. No it's just that would be hard to ban them, without screwing the people playing "in family" (with the same IP)...

I dont understand why they cant limit it to 4 or 5 people per IP...

For me multiboxers are just cheaters. There is nothing to argue, it's allowed cheating for greedy people (the 40 people multiboxers sell gold for real money)

I hope they'll find something to abuse that will totally break the economy... maybe Blizzard would take action
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-08-16 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    That "action is repeated by all clients" makes it sound like the other clients are copying what one client does when that's not how it works. It gives the impression that "client 1 casts moonfire and all other clients cast moonfire too" when that's not the way it works.
    Its pretty close to how it works.

Basicly pushes the key press to all the clients. Thats how most of them work anyway.

I'd call that botting but i know it currently does not fall under that in the ToS

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its pretty close to how it works.

Basicly pushes the key press to all the clients. Thats how most of them work anyway.

I'd call that botting but i know it currently does not fall under that in the ToS
    Why would you call it botting when it can't work without a player pressing a key?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    You've never heard of GSE? https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...dvanced-macros It's pretty much the same thing as TDBattleScript but for classes. It'll probably get broken once enough players find out about it and it gets used regularly.
    That isn't even close to the same thing. GSE works with the macro system and manipulating it. TDBattleScript uses the LUA to do things with out using macros.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    theres half a dozen articles using that image going back to 2010, so you tell us.

heres an example https://www.slashgear.com/eve-multib...llers-1281188/

looks like you posted it here? https://sites.google.com/site/khromtor/oldrigs
    I'm trying to find the post where I found that picture but it's difficult because it's from a thread arguing about multiboxing in 2007 lol

Thought it was an obvious joke...... maybe not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard won't ban them because they paid for like 5 or 40 copies of the game and 5 or 40 subs. so yea, don't really care anymore
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They aren't truly paying for multiple accounts. At least not with actual money. They're more than likely farming gold across the accounts, making tokens chump change. Multi-boxers cause a lot of issues in matchmaking activities because one of their accounts is typically doing absolutely nothing with someone else in the group on follow. I personally think multi-boxing should be grounds for getting banned with the introduction of game time tokens.
    Whether they are paying for it with gold or RL currency they are still paying for it. Isboxer shouldn't be allowed because its 3rd party software controlling an account, even if it is just mirroring what the main toon is doing.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

That isn't even close to the same thing. GSE works with the macro system and manipulating it. TDBattleScript uses the LUA to do things with out using macros.
    Press one button to do everything = GSE
    Press one button to do everything = TDBattleScript

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection

Multiboxers are our friends! Find a multiboxer, use a follow macro, and they'll take you from node to node. Pop up some youtube / netflix on the side, free farming.

yes it should and is allowed i couldn't care less about this or even combat rotation bots.

Nope - it's basically just paid cheating.

https://technabob.com/blog/wp-conten...tiboxing_1.jpg lol

Why do you think Blizz cares about tokens? Multiboxing has been around since vanilla, I can link you to threads on the WaybackMachine from 2007 where people are using the exact same arguments against multiboxing that people use today.
    That picture is as gross as it is hilarious.

That aside I know we most likely will never be on the same side of this argument, but that's okay. WoW back then was a steadily growing game, something it hasn't been since late WotLK when they saw their first sub decline with a major content drought. Since then, they've moved into an ebb and flow model of design, especially towards late game before the next expansions come out.

The token system was implemented in WoW at it's literal lowest point in time, WoD, an expansion so bad they literally stopped reporting the numbers because it scared investors. WoD also happened to be the expansion where they were literally pumping easy gold into the game via tables.

In other words, the token system was designed to offer a way to save WoW. People could pay an inflated fee for 30 days of game time ($20) instead of the $15 of a normal sub, and then trade that item for in game gold. Those with more real life money than time would benefit by being able to spend more of their in game time doing what they want instead of having to worry about obtaining gold. Those with more in game time and gold would benefit as well. The biggest benefactor of it though was Blizzard who is now getting $20 for subs instead of $15.

The ease of obtaining gold, especially in WoD along with the new token system had a definite unexpected side effect: it drove up the number of multiboxers in the game. People who couldn't afford multiple accounts before now could because there was no actual cost to them other than their time, which they were already spending playing.

Blizzard didn't care and doesn't care because, as I've explained, the token system makes them more money. Back in the day before the token, multiboxers paid their money for as many subs as they could. Today, someone else pays, again, an inflated price, to keep multiboxers playing. Blizzard is the winner financially, that's why they look the other way. If the token system disappeared today, so would 99% of multiboxers who only do it because someone else pays for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I have in fact done that.
    Well, lets hear it then.

- - - Updated - - -

It is currently allows so we know that they do not consider it cheating. Money likely doesn't play into because of their actions against bots. Each bot is a loss of money. Sure bots are more likely to reopen if caught but still a loss of money for each ban.
    You do not know what they think we only know their current in game stance. Buying gold, and levels was cheating until they offered the same service and made money out of it - the effect on the game is largely the same, probably worse. Their actions against bots does not prove its not about money it just proves that bots are a step too far. Even then you can argue that their stance isnt strong enough.
    Last edited by MrFawlty; 2020-08-16 at 11:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Press one button to do everything = GSE
    Press one button to do everything = TDBattleScript

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It'll probably get broken once enough players find out about it and it gets used regularly.
    So you think multi-boxing is bad and will probably be broken right? Because one button to do everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You do not know what they think we only know their current in game stance. Buying gold, and levels was cheating until they offered the same service and made money out of it - the effect on the game is largely the same, probably worse. Their actions against bots does not prove its not about money it just proves that bots are a step too far. Even then you can argue that their stance isnt strong enough.
    There stance is the same thing as what they think. Because they make the rules and can change the rules to stop something they don't like. Which is what they have done several times in the past with different ways people have played the game. Action against bots does prove it isn't about the income because bots are all sources of income. So multi-boxers are not kept around just because of income because bots are not.

Besides how can you prove Blizzard thinks it is a step to far when you just got done arguing that we don't know what they think? Weird how different rules apply when you make an argument.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Well, lets hear it then.
    If you want to know badly enough you'll go look.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account

Pay-to-win

I voted no. You're gaining an advantage by paying, pay-to-win.

So you think multi-boxing is bad and will probably be broken right? Because one button to do everything.
    I'm sorry? How is multiboxing one button to do everything? As a multiboxer I have more keybinds than a normal player since I have more stuff I have to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The ease of obtaining gold, especially in WoD along with the new token system had a definite unexpected side effect: it drove up the number of multiboxers in the game.
    I don't know if this is true but it wouldn't be too surprising. I've always been an altoholic but prior to WoD I had like 15 max levels or something like that and by the end of WoD I finished with 32 or 33. Wasn't multiboxing though, just a lot of logging in and out to do garrison tables lol.

People who couldn't afford multiple accounts before now could because there was no actual cost to them other than their time, which they were already spending playing. Blizzard didn't care and doesn't care because, as I've explained, the token system makes them more money. Back in the day before the token, multiboxers paid their money for as many subs as they could. Today, someone else pays, again, an inflated price, to keep multiboxers playing. Blizzard is the winner financially, that's why they look the other way. If the token system disappeared today, so would 99% of multiboxers who only do it because someone else pays for it.
    I'm probably one of the few multiboxers who pays for all their subs with cash instead of gold (because I hate multibox gathering lol).

Also, this is probably one of the best (or only lol) explanations I've seen on the idea that "Blizz just wants money" +1internets for you.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    So pretty simple question that I am interesting to hear peoples thoughts on. Do you think multiboxing should be allowed or not?
    Yes, but with a higher fee. I use them for extra storage.