Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Expected a bunch of comments claiming "it's still beta", "not balanced yet", etc. When will you people learn? How many botched launches do you need?

Anyways, guess I'm going back to my og class. I haven't played lock since MoP.
    Again, to be clear, nobody's expecting it to be balanced. We are however expecting changes to attempt to balance it. This will not result in balance, but it will likely change who exactly is overpowered. If anything, destro pulling ahead at this point primes it for a nerf bat so it's useless for the first tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so I got a question: if you know this thread is bullshit then why, as a moderator, don't you just shut this shit down.
    I'm not a WoW mod, only GenOT/Hearthstone. In this part of the forum I'm just another poster with a different tint to the name.

Granted, even if I was a mod here, while I find the topic pointless/irrelevant that doesn't seem to change that people do find this worth discussing/entertaining to discuss at least, and it's rather benign.

Expected a bunch of comments claiming "it's still beta", "not balanced yet", etc. When will you people learn? How many botched launches do you need?

Anyways, guess I'm going back to my og class. I haven't played lock since MoP.
    There will always be one with 0 IQ, I guess.

Anyway it's all trash anyway when a lot of testers used copy characters who had BFA stuff (eg: trinkets) scaled up to whatever ilvl they were for test. There is absolutely no reason to do any of this with the exception of purposely trying to bait/troll/misinform people like the one I quoted. Hopefully class discord admins know better and won't spread this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    There will always be one with 0 IQ, I guess.

Anyway it's all trash anyway when a lot of testers used copy characters who had BFA stuff (eg: trinkets) scaled up to whatever ilvl they were for test. There is absolutely no reason to do any of this with the exception of purposely trying to bait/troll/misinform people like the one I quoted. Hopefully class discord admins know better and won't spread this trash.
    Imagine thinking there is no correlation between strong on beta and strong on live.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    I haven't seen anyone expecting or demanding perfect balance but ok
    Even close balance is impossible, way too many variables in each spec for it to happen unless you go for the dreaded homogenization which itself will bring problems.

Hell even with how things are in beta and bfa wow is still the most balanced mmo out there. Ffxiv, gw2, eso damage range is much larger.

Utterly meaningless at this point- but we all know that during PREPATCH people are going to be asking "what spec" all the time...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Imagine thinking there is no correlation between strong on beta and strong on live.
    Don't you dare bring common sense and logic into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Even tho there is no fine tuning yet, it is so boring to see same classes dominating every time...
    You mean its weird to see how the classes with 3 dps specs statistically has a higher chance of having an overtuned spec compared to the classes with 1 or 2 dps specs?

I wonder why that could be

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm with the other guy on this. Legendaries and soulbinds have different effects on different classes just like borrowed power always does.

Its gonna be big for some specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems pretty fair with all the support toolkit stuff they are getting.
    Not when prot and holy have the same things. Instead it just won't be picked. Lock gateway, summon and healthstone/soulstone bring a lot to the table but seem to be at the top so by that logic it makes little sense. Judging from this chart it appears that the hybrid tax is pretty high this time around for very little value.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are saying it in context of the specific chart. Whatever we see there now is just a bunch of random ass crap before tuning and actual gearing effort done by people. So yes "it's still beta" and it's "not balanced yet".

Will there still be OPAF/dogshit specs in raid after launch? You bet - that's how WoW worked for 15 years and counting. It's just a simple case of how vast the tuning puzzle is for the game and with SL and all the possible permutations of 36 specs X 4 covenants X 3 soulbinds x 6+ legendaries and so on - you have thousands of potential combinations and one needs to be a retard to expect they will actually manage to balance these all perfectly and there won't be outliers either way.

theres a few disclaimers for this

1 some covenant abiities didnt work
    2. some specs got reworked
    3. some specs were bugged
    4. some covenant choices caused a huge dps disparity in some logs due to the ability being bugged

if anyone takes this list seriously the human race has failed

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Balancing patch hasn't hit yet and they haven't finished class changes..

" too soon ..."
    ...yeah... I'd like to believe that... really I would...but.... 15 years has taught me, that no matter what, they are incapable of properly balancing classes for expansion launches...

Quote Originally Posted by lunethzero View Post
    Not when prot and holy have the same things. Instead it just won't be picked. Lock gateway, summon and healthstone/soulstone bring a lot to the table but seem to be at the top so by that logic it makes little sense. Judging from this chart it appears that the hybrid tax is pretty high this time around for very little value.
    What do you mean seems to be at the top?

Are you one of the people who dont realise that blizzard hasnt done tuning yet?

And holy most certainly doesnt bring the same. Holy is already a healer spec. The amount of spot healing ret can dish out is pretty good. It can make a difference in a dungeon enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    blizzard hasnt even started number tunings yet, they start doing that usually in the last month of beta
    Oh but it's not all about numbers.
    AOE cap, spead AOE and so on. There also the fact that some classes have covenants and soulbinds that are just amazing for everything while some (such as warrior) will be forced to focus on one thing and will suck on everything else.

Funny though, at this point some classes suck even when they focus on something and thats not numbers, thats design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Utterly meaningless at this point- but we all know that during PREPATCH people are going to be asking "what spec" all the time...
    Yeah "it's alpha, it'll be fixed", "it's beta, it'll be fixed", "its' early in the expansion, wait for a balance pass".
    And here we are in BfA still waiting.

Multidot specs and ranged able to cleave on unlimited amounts of targets will just roll all over melee all expansion long and some covenants will remain dead. It's way too late to fix this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Multidot specs and ranged able to cleave on unlimited amounts of targets will just roll all over melee all expansion long and some covenants will remain dead. It's way too late to fix this now.
    Kinda like how the melee train rolled over casters all of BFA. Karma's horrible, hey.

The issue as I see it with Arms Warriors is that they are unable to be balanced by numbers as long as they get such a huge effect from passive numbers.

Because they have passive resource-generation Haste will scale exponentially and the +Mastery to damage when DW is applied is one of the biggest math fails I've ever seen. Seriously, someone failed so hard at math that it went right past "epic fail" and into "clueless fail."

At this point, I would be hard-pressed to task that person with even adding 2+2 out of fear that they fuck that up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    blizzard hasnt even started number tunings yet, they start doing that usually in the last month of beta
    Tuning?Stop it lol Blizzard doesn't know what tuning means

This is a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Kinda like how the melee train rolled over casters all of BFA. Karma's horrible, hey.
    Yeah, thats great design - This is unbalanced now so we'll just kill some specs next time around?
    It's like like they have apes working at Blizzard.

Yeah, thats great design - This is unbalanced now so we'll just kill some specs next time around?
    It's like like they have apes working at Blizzard.
    Well we've been told for all of BFA by plenty of rogues and DH's to suck it up and that it isn't an issue, so...