Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Translation: I yell at people and rub it in their faces how terrible they are. Its not toxic.
    LOL. I never yell at or talk to the wilfully bad. That would be a waste of time. The wilfully bad will never accept they are bad, so it would be irrational to interact with them.
    I just do my best to never play with them in the first place or avoid them again. And DPS-meters and Raider IO help me avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I finally kind of opened up on the healer and said, "so are you sure you know how to heal with your class? You still are not dispelling and it's wiping us" and I linked the Dispel Meters from the last 3 pulls. The healer started calling me toxic because, and I quote, "too busy trying to attack him and not just playing the game" ... and so I responded with, "yeah, you lied about saying you know how to play your class" and explained my reasoning as he will not do the mechanics properly which leads us to wipe, and he is purposely wasting the time of the group... to which he left the group... *BUT* stood there typing in /say chat to the group leader (tank) "tell them to stop being a dick and I'll come back"
    I can almost guarantee you this is the situation the reflects the reality of most people complaining about 'toxicity' in WoW actually experienced (i.e them crying when someone called them bad for being bad), 99% of WoW is such an easy low-pressure game people only bother to talk when something goes wrong.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I mean when people talk toxicity they are typically speaking about experiences with the community at large rather than individual small groups.

Other MMO arent near as toxic in their random interactions with other problems.
    Yeah I don't think so. Besides, 99% of random interactions in WoW are either without communication (yeah, yeah, you can't not communicate, I know) or with relevant communication. This is from a German /European Alliance PvE only player's point of view. I don't do lfr, though. I pugged raids, M+ and more, and most of the time everyone does their job silently or gives relevant comments on the content that is done. The amount of harrassment I've seen is maybe one occurance per week. That's not toxic. Play any Moba or FPS and you'll experience toxicity.
    And I doubt that other games have the same kind of random encounters WoW has.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    yeah, you're not walking into a raid in FFXIV with the bare minimum unless that content is on farm, it may happen in the casual laid back free companies that raid because they have nothing else to do that week, but serious and even half serious players won't take someone who's fresh 80 and no experience, people usually start learning groups for that.
    When I said minimum Ilvl, I meant the minimum ilvl to enter the instance, which, you should know, isnt a fresh 80.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

When I said minimum Ilvl, I meant the minimum ilvl to enter the instance, which, you should know, isnt a fresh 80.
    And I often invite people with low ilvl to mythic+ or raids if I am assured of their skill and experience. and thanks to the Armory and Raider IO I can do that.
    Only a fool would invite people to their group in WoW in BFA based on their ilvl as gear rains like down like manna from heaven in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its extreme toxicity,because butthurt baddies can just get people banned who are just trying to help them,also the devs supporting and enforcing such a policy breeds an extremly toxic situation,if it rly is as you say and no an exageration
    I think it works exactly like any chat-related reporting in WoW. If you say something someone doesn't like and gets reported a lot, then you get banned. FFXIV just has one more option for chat related douchebaggery.

If you have baddies in your group in FFXIV, you ask them if they want any help or pointers, and then you help them.
    In WoW you just get "4 more votes to kick shit dps deenman has blue gear". I don't even look anymore, I just vote no.

Games aren't toxic you're just getting yelled at for being bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Games aren't toxic you're just getting yelled at for being bad
    This thread is certainly maintaining its irony quota.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    We playing the same game? Cause with the way you post about it I don't think we are.

FFXIV's Toxic play came in the early game from EU players for me, it was we either pull 99% of the dungeon or your garbage. Got to endgame and people are so patient and willing to assist in improving peoples gameplay. Perhaps i've been lucky, perhaps you been unlucky.
    I don't believe you read most of my comment, I said people usually start learning groups for raid content meaning if you are a fresh 80, just bought the highest lvl crafted gear to get up to the minimum ilvl then you can join one of those and learn the mechanics and get experience, but if you were to hit 80, buy crafted gear and join a clear group and keep failing at mechanics and ruin the chances of a clear then people dont take too kindly to that. I'm also talking from a new player perspective, not someone who's done every savage raid and cleared ultimate bahamut and alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    As somebody who was with the game from the beginning: There were two factors that greatly increased toxicity.
    1. Name changes and servers changes + Levelboosts. As soon as your deeds started to not matter anymore, the assholes started to appear.
    2. Accessibility. The easier the game got and the less community you actually needed to play the game, the more people started to become antisocial. LFD and LFR were the biggest offenders here, as suddenly not only yourself could become totally anonymous at any time (name changes, server changes) also everybody around you was suddenly easily and in most cases instantly replaceable. Why bother with relationships when you can just kick somebody and get a replacement?

Some people will say thats rose tinted glasses or whatever, but they are wrong. I was there, I remember perfectly well how it went down.
    somebody give this man a medal because he's damn right. anonymity (i.e. name changes, lvl boosts, server changes) and toxic behaviour correlate immensely, that's also my observation since closed beta wow.

You dont. unless you leave/remain silent

A lot of the people who are toxic, don't have great social skills when it comes to speaking and/or are very young. You can't change that in a minute.

Besides, I think that mmo's aren't really that toxic. Wow might be more so than others. Gw2 and ffxiv are great. When it comes to MOBA's though, mute everyone at the start of each game. Specially pings

I never saw wow's community as toxic... people are just super entitled and think they should be able to go anywhere and do anything regardless of how far progressed they are and their personal skill.

The most toxic people in wow are the ones who cant accept they suck and need to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    That game sounds like heaven for the toxic, lazy, entitled bad wow player.
    Being bad doesn't make you toxic. Your statement about it however does.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know when Vanila released and someone Ninjalooted or whatever, he/she was not able to find a group anymore so the Community regulated itself.

Now u can do whatever you want, make a servertrans or name change and who gives a f...

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Wow has been toxic for a long time, but it wasnt always like this. I believe that when Name changes and Server transfers began, it gave players the ability to escape their reputation. Is there a way to encourage less toxic behavior or punish toxic players?

Just curious what people think.
    You don't try to control / punish toxic players, you're focusing on negative reinforcement there. You need to do some amount of work there but it should only be for extreme cases.

Imo what you want to do is promote / encourage wholesome / helpful players via systems. FF14 is good about this, where they have lots of little things sprinkled in that promote camaraderie.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't control it. It is sort of human behavior ever since the early forums.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All communities have toxicity because guess what? Some portion of humanity always was and always will be toxic. Just look at Classic. It's not exactly the haven of non-toxicity that it was hailed to become.

And you don't control it, you find people to surround yourself with that are NOT toxic. Easy peasy... But even then, one or 2 toxic individuals can slip through the cracks and become a temporary part of your crowd, since people are also really good at showing a false appearance until they feel that they're "safe".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-08-16 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Being bad doesn't make you toxic. Your statement about it however does.
    The most toxic players I've met in WoW and other games are the lazy, bad and entitled players as they try to force other people to carry them.
    That is toxicity in its most extreme form.
    This thread and others like this is showing that the non-lazy and non-entitled players finally are stepping up and saying no to being exploited by the toxic bottom-dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The most toxic players I've met in WoW and other games are the lazy, bad and entitled players as they try to force other people to carry them.
    That is toxicity in its most extreme form.
    This thread and others like this is showing that the non-lazy and non-entitled players finally are stepping up and saying no to being exploited by the toxic bottom-dwellers.
    I love it when reality is indistinguishable from satire.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

3+ Year Old Account
    Namechange, server transfer, faction change, cross realm/matchmade pve everything all have contributed greatly to players not being obligated to be nice to others on their server/faction.

And when people can be assholes, they'll be assholes.