Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Keep in mind that nightborne didn't get anything either. The only change is that their tattoos are bugged on PTR.
    No Allied Race got any new customizations. Giving them option to choose eye color was just technical update (Eye Colors being their own thing in customization instead being tied to skin colors).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Thanks, I see.
    I don't really care tbh, but 'normal' Blood Elf skincolors in combination with corrupted, dying Void Elf hairstyles is gonna look weird as fuck.
    This is about as normal you can make Void Elf look.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is about as normal you can make Void Elf look.

They also said the underwear will get updated to the ones Void Elves have by release. We're probably 2+ months from shadowlands pre-patch being on live, and I think they released the PTR in the state it is so people could test the new class/leveling/character customization/pre-patch event changes.

I felt it pretty jarring when I realized my corruption was gone (because the corrupt gear icon still shows on gear) and then noticed they also nerfed vision of perfection essence <_<!

I swapped it out for the dope rank 4 focusing iris anyway and feels fun to mow down bunch of mobs since a lot of the pre-patch event appears to just be killing mobs lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    There are blood elf NPCs with purple eyes on the beta. I've seen a few screenshots floating around
    That's interesting! Where were those screens floating around?

Thanks, I see.
    I don't really care tbh, but 'normal' Blood Elf skincolors in combination with corrupted, dying Void Elf hairstyles is gonna look weird as fuck.
    I was actually able to make some rather satisfying looking Void Elf characters with the new skins + old hair:

The light grey, wine red, and blue-green hair colors seem to work best for a close-to-high-elf look. Hopefully more colors will be added before pre-patch launches, but I wouldn't expect any new hairstyles until allied races get a proper pass, which likely won't be until 9.1 or 9.2
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-08-17 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks, I see.
    Yes indeed.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes indeed.

What did you guys expect? There has to be some kind of difference between belves and velves. The helf community demanded belf skin tones and you got them. Giving velves the same hair color would kill any distinction between the two races. Other wise whats he point of having VOID elves. Leave the blond hair to Alleria as she's a special NPC. Kinda how like Thrall is the only orc with eye brows.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    What did you guys expect? There has to be some kind of difference between belves and velves. The helf community demanded belf skin tones and you got them. Giving velves the same hair color would kill any distinction between the two races. Other wise whats he point of having VOID elves. Leave the blond hair to Alleria as she's a special NPC. Kinda how like Thrall is the only orc with eye brows.
    If you don't think blonde, brown and black hair colors are coming to Void Elves in the future, I think you're going to be very disappointed. They might not be the same exact shades that Blood Elves have, but I'm fairly confident they will happen at some point before Shadowlands is over.

There is already no point in having VOID elves since their void touch is supposed to be a physical manifestation. With regular skin tones, that is gone. Their basically ex shadow priests who decided to keep in touch with the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

What you're saying doesn't make sense.
    So the blood elf community should stop asking for the ranger / farstrider tattoos of Alleria, a special alliance NPC? And they should also stop asking for their "second theme", the dark ranger, which comes from another special NPC, Sylvanas?

The high elves are available for BE and VE with their customization options, you have to get used to it now, Blizzard has made its choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you're about to be disappointed then because 'natural hair colors' is the next most asked thing aside from the skin tones. Speaking of the skin tones, there were many in the helf community that wanted similar but different tones, it was actually only the Anti-helf community that kept using reductive logic to spread around 'you guys just want the exact same skins copy and pasted to Void Elves'.

I do find it hilarious that Blizzard did end up doing just that. Maybe if the anti-helf community wasn't so vocal about it, maybe Blizzard wouldn't have gotten that idea.

Now we're beginning to see the same with regards to hair colors, despite the fact that that even human/Kul'Tiran hairstyles/colors are being asked for. These anti-helfers should be aware they may end up with a proverbial foot in their mouth if they keep spouting that the Void Elf/High Elf community want copy paste hair colors!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    What you're saying doesn't make sense.
    So the blood elf community should stop asking for the ranger / farstrider tattoos of Alleria, a special alliance NPC? And they should also stop asking for their "second theme", the dark ranger, which comes from another special NPC, Sylvanas?

The high elves are available for BE and VE with their customization options, you have to get used to it now, Blizzard has made its choice.
    Yup exactly. Blizzard took all the discussion and went: You will both share the HE customizations. They almost hit the mark, but hair colors are needed for Alliance HE to look like Alliance HE.

It's no different than BE players asking for Alleria (an Alliance leader) warpaint/tattoos.

At this point I think Blizzard believe the unique BE Jewelry/hairstyles/eye colors (because remember they have unique green and gold colors y'all!) to be what sets apart BE from VE. Just like VE have unique skins/hair colors/tentacle hair.

I think the HE customization will go to both sides because that's what Ely Cannon alluded to in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yeah you're about to be disappointed then because 'natural hair colors' is the next most asked thing aside from the skin tones. Speaking of the skin tones, there were many in the helf community that wanted similar but different tones, it was actually only the Anti-helf community that kept using reductive logic to spread around 'you guys just want the exact same skins copy and pasted to Void Elves'.

I do find it hilarious that Blizzard did end up doing just that. Maybe if the anti-helf community wasn't so vocal about it, maybe Blizzard wouldn't have gotten that idea.

Now we're beginning to see the same with regards to hair colors, despite the fact that that even human/Kul'Tiran hairstyles/colors are being asked for. These anti-helfers should be aware they may end up with a proverbial foot in their mouth if they keep spouting that the Void Elf/High Elf community want copy paste hair colors!
    It really does seem like all the pushback from those against Alliance High Elves, ended up backfiring horribly. Had High Elves been an allied race, they might have had much more distinctiveness from Blood Elves than Void Elves will soon have. Instead, Void Elves are basically going to be able to look virtually indistinguishable from Blood Elves by the end of Shadowlands.

Yup exactly. Blizzard took all the discussion and went: You will both share the HE customizations. They almost hit the mark, but hair colors are needed for Alliance HE to look like Alliance HE.

It's no different than BE players asking for Alleria (an Alliance leader) warpaint/tattoos.

At this point I think Blizzard believe the unique BE Jewelry/hairstyles/eye colors (because remember they have unique green and gold colors y'all!) to be what sets apart BE from VE. Just like VE have unique skins/hair colors/tentacle hair.

I think the HE customization will go to both sides because that's what Ely Cannon alluded to in an interview.
    I also think that some "high elf" options will be shared between BE and VE, such as ranger / farstrider tattoos.
    I think this is one of the requests that comes up often for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    If you don't think blonde, brown and black hair colors are coming to Void Elves in the future, I think you're going to be very disappointed. They might not be the same exact shades that Blood Elves have, but I'm fairly confident they will happen at some point before Shadowlands is over.
    IMO -on the more pessimist side- I'm thinking 10.0 rather than SL, but I do believe we are likely going to get actual black, and lighter shades -probably kinda desaturated- that would fit the off-white hair color most HE NPC's have.

But as for blonde blonde, IDK. But if we get, won't be one of the BE shades.

But yeah, I think we are pretty much set as to what Beta is concerned, and only Core Races might yet get something big before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I also think that some "high elf" options will be shared between BE and VE, such as ranger / farstrider tattoos.
    I think this is one of the requests that comes up often for both.
    yes, ofc hey should, they're not totally independent races, they partially exist to give one faction what the other has in many respects to fulfil an objective. blood elves were an alliance race given to the horde to boost it numbers, then made playable on the alliance much later on with void elves again, given how popular they are

It's the same with Nightborne and night elves, like Void/High elf and blood elf - they should share a number of key things based on what they represent.

For example, Nightborne and the Highborne night elves should share some features - I really hope the star symbology Ravenmoon had some great ideas about would make it into the Nightborne and night elf as one new feature they share in common, but some arcane features can be shared by night elves because of the Highborne/Moonguard which is the ilk the Nightborne are from. Furthermore there is also the Order of Elune, which is not just about sentinels and huntresses, it's Priestess leadership is very caster based, and has a strong arcane tradition - they never got addicted so obviously they were doing something right, they are also likely the oldest users of the arcane as it was studying the Well that first brings the discovery of Elune, and desire to uncover more of her that accelerated exploration of the well, it is likely that it was the priesthood that first start using the arcane and form which the magocracy deviate. That's 2 areas they have a lot of cross overs but locked into 2 orders. There is also the potential valewalkers/balance druids form Val'Sharah teaching the Nightborne druidism especially with the Arcan'dor about - that could also be interesting. The focus and emphasis on each group would be different, but they would share things. Druidism and Eluinsm is huge amongst the current kaldorei, while magocracy isn't, but it's the reverse amongst the Shal'dorei, magocracy is huge, while druidism and Elunism is much smaller - and in one we get to explore it in a more rural outdoor and world setting, in the other we get to explore it in a civilization based setting. There is synergy. And this is how you can reflect one group off the other.

Void elves and high/blood elves should certainly have things in common, while having their own unique facet. the void elf and the Nightborne are really the sub-races, tbh they are best served when their plots and story involves the core races of the blood elves and night elves, so when we only focus on them (i.e. void elf and nightbonre) we are getting an extension of the blood elves and night elves but on the other faction - they serve as a continuation of the Thalassian people and the Kaldorei people respectively - a variant that is very much involved with what's going on.

That's interesting! Where were those screens floating around?
    A few players on discord sent some through. I can try find them if you're interested
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    It really does seem like all the pushback from those against Alliance High Elves, ended up backfiring horribly. Had High Elves been an allied race, they might have had much more distinctiveness from Blood Elves than Void Elves will soon have. Instead, Void Elves are basically going to be able to look virtually indistinguishable from Blood Elves by the end of Shadowlands.
    While the high elf allied race would have been a better route, at the end of the day , it's not so bad that void elves have this too. It really is their way of allowing high elves to be without doing a whole hoorah, but they did this for a lot of other races and their sub-groups too, like wildhammer dwarves and sand trolls.

The allied race treatment would have been better, but realistically they'd not have done allied races for all of these, so customisations have helped somewhat..

My issue is that while it's good we at least have them, they'd o feel like a lazier cop out of doing things properly. They use to have so much more TLC when it came to implementing things, it seems to be lost, still I'd rather it be lumped in like this than not have it all.

In all fairness, there are several from the HE community who I have seen asking for blood elf hair styles and colors. In saying that though, there are many who would accept KT hair styles and colors. To me personally, I hope void elf hair colors keep with the dark/cool pallet so as to offer at least some distinction between them and blood elves. However, I've done my share of "debating" and not really going to actively contest anymore. I did so initially out of an appreciation of maintaining racial uniqueness between factions, but Blizzard made their choice and so be it. I hope they allow at least some distinction (ie the hair color pallet between BE/VE) but will accept if they decide to cross that barrier in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

\

The issue with this argument is that Alleria's tattoos are fashioned after a blood elf group (ie the farstriders). Alleria was once a farstrider, so it's safe to assume that there are farstriders who have the same (or similar) tattoos. Her tattoos are not "alliance" tattoos, they are "farstrider" tattoos. Not arguing with you, just pointing out a fact.

I imagine void elves will also get jewellery options. Whether they are the same as blood elves (but different color) I'm not sure time will tell, but I'm confident they'll get their jewellery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    yes, ofc hey should, they're not totally independent races, they partially exist to give one faction what the other has in many respects to fulfil an objective. blood elves were an alliance race given to the horde to boost it numbers, then made playable on the alliance much later on with void elves again, given how popular they are
    Blood elves left the Alliance in WCIII. They were not an alliance race given to the Horde. They were a race with an open book, which ultimately resulted in them joining the Horde.

3+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves left the Alliance in WCIII. They were not an alliance race given to the Horde. They were a race with an open book, which ultimately resulted in them joining the Horde.
    I too wish for an open book faction that helped the Horde and was kicked out of the Alliance in WCII to (re)join the Horde as well
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I too wish for an open book faction that helped the Horde and was kicked out of the Alliance in WCII to (re)join the Horde as well
    Don't void elves somewhat fit that criteria?

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't void elves somewhat fit that criteria?
    well, blame Rommath; he proved that the Blood Elves are no better than Night Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    well, blame Rommath; he proved that the Blood Elves are no better than Night Elves
    What are we on about exactly?

Edit: nevermind, I'm following you now. I guess, if that makes you feel better?