Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I voted no. You're gaining an advantage by paying, pay-to-win.
    Im interested, what advantage in your opinion is gained?

Players are banned from the game because of (for example) account sharing - calling it a exploitation of gameplay, and gaining unfair advantages to the player.
    Players are not banned despite the exploitation and enormous unfair advantage that multiboxing gives them in the game.

No, I don't think it should be allowed.
    But unfortunately despite both type of players, mentioned above, are paying customers - one pays significantly more than the other. Hence why it's ignored.
    Last edited by Acherus01; 2020-08-17 at 11:59 AM.

In my personal opinion, no, it shouldn't.

I've been seeing an increased amount of it and it makes me glad I'm on a stealth character. Seeing a druid land, go into Moonkin then immediately, 7 other druids land in the same spot, go moonkin and all 8 use moonfire to instantly kill someone is kind of odd.

While some could argue that they're not breaking any rules, it doesn't take a genius to see the problem there.

After a full BFA of frustration with multiboxer, I'll try to answer as best as I can. I am a multiboxer. I used to start multiboxing back in WotLK not because I wanted to play multiples characters at the same time, but because I wanted more character slots on the same server (back in the days, all my alt were alchemist / miner for those sweet one day cooldown).

Then, I started to see some of the perks of having multiples account in MoP when realm hoping was added, when in WoD personnal loot came and then in Legion's personnal nodes came. I never used, and never will use a multiboxing software because I actually think it's too much right now. I also had a character that could check the AH while the other one was farming, I always had a mage available to make me portals etc.

And I think the two last points are where multiboxing actually started to be too powerful. Having doing open world content with all his account is ok, because this content is not relevant. You don't care about what people do in open world content because there's no goal outside of gaining power to do instanced content that a multiboxer can't do because of mechanics. But the powergain personnal loot / nodes bring to you in the economy aspect of the game is problematic.

It's also just frustating to see someone get your stuff*the number of account as they need to spend way less time and don't loose or actually pay anything since they can make millions within a day of farm when an expansion launch.

Multiboxing should be allowed, I don't think it's the matter. In my opinion, the real problem are personnal loot and personnal nodes. And Blizzard should make it so the nodes you see are bind to your IP or at least your character, and one char doesn't have access to the same nodes as another one.

always wanted to try multibox myself, i just worry the software would flag up anti cheat in a few things.. Go full paranoia with that kind of stuff for some reason. I think if i was starting out fresh on new accounts i'd be totally down for doing it i can see the perks and fun that can be had. I think it absolutely should be allowed the game-play from it can be amazing.

However i am a different kind of player. I am someone who likes to full max out a toon in the best gear possible, do M+ and raid high end. Playing a fresh toon or under-geared is frustrating to me and i just get the urge to go mad and gear it up as fast as possible. Playing multiple and ontop of that feeling being unable to pull every single one through mythic raids would be very frustrating and i'm not sure something i could easily get along with.

I guess i could do 1-2 toons separate a week raiding and i am sure multiboxing a +15 is possible right now, but the time investment would be well beyond anything i could achieve so will never happen.

Multiboxers you are a joy to watch though and i enjoy seeing you out in the open world. I really don't get peoples frustration with you guys. If they are annoyed with getting killed turn Warmode off, if they think you are nicking herbs/nodes they can simply follow you and pick with you, your route is probably more efficient anyways!
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-08-17 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The difference is that there are 5 human players in one situation and only 1 on the other. I don't understand why i even needed to answer this.
    Because you are not really answering the main question. Why is 5 human players acceptable and not 1 player controller five toons is not.

We KNOW it is 5 players vs 1 player behind the account.

In the game, it 1 toon vs 5 toons. Just because it five players controlling 1 toons is okay but 1 player controlling 5 toons is not? Are you suggesting you can beat a group of 5 toons if they were controlling by 1 player each?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No, the definition of cheating is not set by blizzard and their rules. If i say: New rule! All the gold in the game now belongs to me! Does that stop being cheating cause i made an arbitrary rule?
    An advantage, no, but as i tried to emphasize, an UNFAIR advantage is cheating.
    I believe cheating involves breaking the rules. The rules does not have to be fair. That is a different discussions. We are not talking about fairness. We are talking about cheating. You are mixing the two into one argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Because you are not really answering the main question. Why is 5 human players acceptable and not 1 player controller five toons is not.

We KNOW it is 5 players vs 1 player behind the account.

In the game, it 1 toon vs 5 toons. Just because it five players controlling 1 toons is okay but 1 player controlling 5 toons is not? Are you suggesting you can beat a group of 5 toons if they were controlling by 1 player each?

I believe cheating involves breaking the rules. The rules does not have to be fair. That is a different discussions. We are not talking about fairness. We are talking about cheating. You are mixing the two into one argument.
    Well, what you believe isn't what the word means. Breaking the rules is just one form of cheating. The term is more encompassing than that.

As to the other point, again, i don't know why i have to answer. If the one player is using 5 keyboards and 5 mice for original inputs, no problem. But, since we are not octopi, you are using a program to copy your inputs. That is the difference right there. You are not controlling 5 toons with one person, you are controlling one and copying the inputs to 4 others.
    It's cheating, because normal people don't have 10 arms and 10 eyes. The precise definition of unfair advantage aka cheating.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-17 at 05:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'm sorry? How is multiboxing one button to do everything? As a multiboxer I have more keybinds than a normal player since I have more stuff I have to do.
    You keep posting the image so you yourself should know. One key press for one action across all accounts. So you are pressing one button to do everything.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-08-17 at 05:04 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    One key press for one action across all accounts. So you are pressing one button to do everything.
    These two statements are not the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    These two statements are not the same.
    One button is doing everything across those accounts. It is how cloning/broadcasting works. It doesn't even have to be doing the same action across each account. It does whatever is bound to that key.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It does whatever is bound to that key.
    Sounds similar to how it works on my end too. I press a button and my client does whatever that key is meant to do.

From that to call it "Doing everything" is a tad disingenuous. But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sounds similar to how it works on my end too. I press a button and my client does whatever that key is meant to do.

From that to call it "Doing everything" is a tad disingenuous. But maybe that's just me.
    I think he's trying to be funny, "one key press to do everything" means exactly that. In order for his argument to be relevant multiboxing would have to be literally 1 key for everything, let's say "A", need to mount up? A, cast frostbolt? A, move forward? A, Use your hearth? A. Surely no one can seriously think that pressing 2 to frostbolt across all clients and press B to open your bags, etc is "one key press to do everything". That's multiple keypresses to do whatever they are bound to do like any other player.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    That's multiple keypresses to do whatever they are bound to do like any other player.
    How is it multiple key presses if one key press does 10 commands with a person that has 10 accounts multi-boxing? The only difference is you do all 10 commands at once. The addons do those 10 commands in a sequential order. If sequential order from one key is bad then 10 commands at once from one key is equally as bad. You can't pick and choose where Blizzards logic applies.

Sounds like a lot of people want to ban macros. After all, you press one key and the toon does a number of things without any further input from the player.

And also mice and keyboards that allow the user to create a macro that just requires a single key to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people want to ban macros. After all, you press one key and the toon does a number of things without any further input from the player.

And also mice and keyboards that allow the user to create a macro that just requires a single key to work.
    It's jealousy with a mixture of a loose, subjective interpretation of Blizzard's own EULA to fit an argument that any perceived advantage over people who don't multibox should be illegal "because reasons." Then you add the extremely banal, cynical "Blizzard only allows it cuz $$$$" take into the mix and you have this 30+ page thread with the same arguments for/against it that have been used for the better part of approaching two decades.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people want to ban macros. After all, you press one key and the toon does a number of things without any further input from the player. And also mice and keyboards that allow the user to create a macro that just requires a single key to work.
    Macros work with in the system of the game. The game naturally supporting multi-boxing is completely different then requiring third party software. Hardware macros are also a grey area. They really shouldn't be allowed because it is no different then running a bot but hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's jealousy with a mixture of a loose, subjective interpretation of Blizzard's own EULA to fit an argument that any perceived advantage over people who don't multibox should be illegal "because reasons." Then you add the extremely banal, cynical "Blizzard only allows it cuz $$$$" take into the mix and you have this 30+ page thread with the same arguments for/against it that have been used for the better part of approaching two decades.
    I agree about the jealousy.

For those who want a purely equal game, may I suggest that you read Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut, I believe that you can find the whole short story online. Quite interesting.
    Here's a link to the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron

So you think multi-boxing is bad and will probably be broken right? Because one button to do everything.

- - - Updated - - -

There stance is the same thing as what they think. Because they make the rules and can change the rules to stop something they don't like. Which is what they have done several times in the past with different ways people have played the game. Action against bots does prove it isn't about the income because bots are all sources of income. So multi-boxers are not kept around just because of income because bots are not.

Besides how can you prove Blizzard thinks it is a step to far when you just got done arguing that we don't know what they think? Weird how different rules apply when you make an argument.
    You or I do not know if their stance is for gameplay reasons or for purely monetary gain the fact that they very occasionally ban some bots proves nothing. That said, I can’t think how allowing people have a huge advantage over others lends much to gameplay overall.

You are right; I was assuming that Blizzard think allowing bots is a step too far. What is it you disagree with however – the fact I gave them the credit they might still give a damn about game integrity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You or I do not know if their stance is for gameplay reasons or for purely monetary gain the fact that they very occasionally ban some bots proves nothing. That said, I can’t think how allowing people have a huge advantage over others lends much to gameplay overall.

You are right; I was assuming that Blizzard think allowing bots is a step too far. What is it you disagree with however – the fact I gave them the credit they might still give a damn about game integrity?

This would make sense if Blizzard were only allowing SOME to multibox... but there is no such prohibition. Everyone has the same opportunity to multibox... Whether players chose to do it or not is on the individual.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.