Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    There is no point in capping it at all...

You all base information on post-pandemic times. Everything is different now. No previous dates can be used as a rough estimate.
    There is a point to capping, else they wouldn't have made a cap for it.

Blizzard said it comes out this Fall, that was about a month ago. The situation now is pretty much the same as last month.
    Do you have additional information about delaying anything? If so, show us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzen17 View Post
    There is a point to capping, else they wouldn't have made a cap for it.

Blizzard said it comes out this Fall, that was about a month ago. The situation now is pretty much the same as last month.
    Do you have additional information about delaying anything? If so, show us.
    Well, tell me what the point of capping it is then. Less than a month before the release of a new expansion where the capped number is irrelevant and disabled. There is no reason what so ever to cap it just because there is a cap. Expansion is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not irrelevant, since the cap represents the passive nerf to raid bosses. The higher the cap, the more corruption raiders can get, the easier bosses are so they can down them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Shouldn't we have an expansion release date by now if it's coming on October?

Does anyone remember past practices, like, how much ahead were the previous expansion release dates announced?
    See post #68 of this thread.
    #TeamTinkers

It's not irrelevant, since the cap represents the passive nerf to raid bosses. The higher the cap, the more corruption raiders can get, the easier bosses are so they can down them.
    and corruption is removed in the prepatch.. so your point is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    and corruption is removed in the prepatch.. so your point is?
    Do you raid? I've already explained why it's important, if you don't raid i could see that you don't know what it means though.

Do you raid? I've already explained why it's important, if you don't raid i could see that you don't know what it means though.
    We don't know what it means at all.. you're grasping at straws here. There hasn't been a prepatch without current raid issues. They will get fixed, you are not some messiah who sees this for the first time ever, while the rest is to blind to see.

and yes, I do raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    We don't know what it means at all.. you're grasping at straws here. There hasn't been a prepatch without current raid issues. They will get fixed, you are not some messiah who sees this for the first time ever, while the rest is to blind to see.

and yes, I do raid.
    You don't know what you're arguing here.

The cap for the cloak is to cap your resistance off. It's the point of maximum boss nerfs due to it.
    This is not an opinion, it's a fact, an effect of the resist mechanism. There is no issue here, idk wtf you mean by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe any of these arguments about "we have to play a month with max cloak resistance" as I don't believe the percentage of players with maximum cloak resistance is that high.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

No way it's November 3rd. They are not releasing the game on US election day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lommax View Post
    No way it's November 3rd. They are not releasing the game on US election day.
    So November 3rd is US selection day... didn't know that.
    Why though? Will be nice to time this to start with Trump's 2nd term.

november or december release is super unlikely. Blizzard is a business. You don't release an expansion right as your employees are taking their vacation. October release is most likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    It will never be this late. 4 weeks PTR, then 4 weeks pre patch, then launch. October launch imo.
    Been saying same. Sep 15 Prepatch, Oct 20th SL release
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Q4 2020 is in December

15+ Year Old Account
    They have said on multiple occasions, Fall. Not Winter, but Fall. Yes fall goes until Dec 21rd but they made the mistake in the past and released during a holiday month and said they would not make that mistake again.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

So November 3rd is US selection day... didn't know that.
    Why though? Will be nice to time this to start with Trump's 2nd term.
    hes in office until january 20th. and then he gets prosecuted while being the worst ex president in americas history.

still think nov 10th is the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Per beta screenshot:

Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/riggnaros/status...63480383586308

109 days from today is Nov 30, which would put pre-patch (9.0.1) on Sept 22,2020.

Thoughts?
    Simple math check, See when the First Brawl was in BfA, compared to when BfA Launched, then adjust your number. Remember Expacs launch on Tuesdays in NA, and Wed in EU (if memory serves) the 30th of Nov is a Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

They changed the "Launches Fall of 2020" to "Launches Q4 2020", so I'm leaning towards mid-late Oct to early-mid Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Q4 2020 is in December
    Q4 is October through December. They're not gonna release the expansion (or a raid for that matter) during the holiday period.

The first raid comes out usually what, a month into the expansion? I'm guessing it's either late October or very early November.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    They have said on multiple occasions, Fall. Not Winter, but Fall. Yes fall goes until Dec 21rd but they made the mistake in the past and released during a holiday month and said they would not make that mistake again.
    Is there a link to them saying that? I keep seeing it posted but I only remember it being stated with content patches and in relation to raid tiers. Cataclysm was the only expansion launched in December.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Is there a link to them saying that? I keep seeing it posted but I only remember it being stated with content patches and in relation to raid tiers. Cataclysm was the only expansion launched in December.
    https://collider.com/world-of-warcra...-release-date/

First paragraph
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow