Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I only play GW2 as an RPG, as in I am only interested in playing new story content. I don't know how people find achievement and resource hunts fun long term; I already find myself tired of them after just doing them on the side as I am doing new story stuff. As of now, I am not going back to the game until they patch in voices for the last two patches. Plus, since the new xpac is still a ways off I like hoarding several story chapters back to back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly cause it seemed like GW2 would lose the typical support ongoing mmos get so I stayed away. Honestly the world really brings me in, I have issues linking types of abilities with your weapon type but I digress. I wouldnt want GW to be non relevant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Not really comprehensive. Instances with Rox and Braham during Flame and Frost, fight with Canach in Southsun and ending of Nightmare Tower. Most of it is without any context.
    That's most of the story.

Roxx and Braham instance

Molten Furnace and Molten Boss Fractal

Canach instance

Aetherblade, Mai Trin, Nightmare (kinda)

Theres an NPC in Lions Arch that fills in the rest of the story, which is LA goes boom, Mordremoth wakes up. What more is needed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except.. the whole zone, questing etc changed.. it's like saying "Yo, we completely destroyed Stormwind, there is no way to see what happened. We were just to damn lazy to patch in this 1 specific battle. Because fuck you! that's why!"
    You can see what happened though...again it's like me going into WoW and being mad I can't play the pre-Cata world.

- - - Updated - - -

Except.. the whole zone, questing etc changed.. it's like saying "Yo, we completely destroyed Stormwind, there is no way to see what happened. We were just to damn lazy to patch in this 1 specific battle. Because fuck you! that's why!"
    You can see what happened though...again it's like me going into WoW and being mad I can't play the pre-Cata world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have this game still downloaded and updated on my PC. I've always been somewhat interested in it, but never made it past level 8 or so I believe. I don't have any of the expansions, nor do I really intend on buying them just to access the sub classes.

Is it still worth it for me to sink time into and try to level something to max level?
    The game does not seem like it is for you if you can't get past level 8.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's most of the story.

Roxx and Braham instance

Molten Furnace and Molten Boss Fractal

Canach instance

Aetherblade, Mai Trin, Nightmare (kinda)

Theres an NPC in Lions Arch that fills in the rest of the story, which is LA goes boom, Mordremoth wakes up. What more is needed?
    The main problem of the current version is disconnect from story between finishing personal story and starting season 2. You are going from killing Zhaitan to interacting with bunch of NPCs you don't know talking about Mordremoth attacks. Does short recap video help you to understand what's going on? Barely. What about fractals and few instances out of timeline and context, that are also tied to content four seasons later? Even less so. You are right that there is a way to play through bigger part of the actual gameplay content of first season, but if you want the story it's still better to watch Youtube video of either S1 compilation or WP reading wiki.

Also telling it's the same in WoW is not really helpful, Blizzard didn't even try to make story cohesive in the first place. Temporary story content like pre-patches or Vale of Eternal Blossoms or legendary questlines, Cataclysm revamp putting 1-60 zones later in timeline than 60-80, putting story in books, comics, million of videos or posts on site. It's a chronological mess and comparing any story to that is disservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

For me its the class design. Endgame builds are.... weird

10+ Year Old Account
    So this game isn't for me because I haven't ever played it yet?

Thanks for the input.
    That's not what I am saying at all. You said that you you only played to lvl 8 and stopped which would imply that it failed to hold your interest. Maybe there were other reasons but I can only go off what you wrote.

Otherwise, you lose nothing from trying the game but your own time. Hell even the xpacs are only $15 right now. For the price ofaa month a WoW you get 2 full expansions that you can pick up and play whenever you want. People spend a lot more on games they play less.

I have this game still downloaded and updated on my PC. I've always been somewhat interested in it, but never made it past level 8 or so I believe. I don't have any of the expansions, nor do I really intend on buying them just to access the sub classes.

Is it still worth it for me to sink time into and try to level something to max level?
    For what it's worth, in my experience the base game and new player experience isn't... great. The expansion content, PoF especially, is really quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you, as always.

This is a question for those who do not play Guild Wars 2 - either people that have already played it, or those who didn't try the game yet and lack something to try it.

What's preventing you from coming back or playing this game?
    The game soured on me. I payed the full price, and then it went F2P. I want my money back.

Aside from that, the big draw for me was personal story, a feature that was shortly after initial release shoved and forgotten, and instead of it, we got "living" story. I don't care about that. For me at the time personal story was something I haven't seen done in any other MMO. I wanted to see how the chioces I made and decisions I took would affect the storyline in the future. I knew not to expect fullblown Mass Effect experience, but the end results were rather dissapointing, as it quickly became obvious that even personal story was personal only for the first 30 levels, and then it morphed into adventures of the plantboy and his sidekick (the player).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    The game soured on me. I payed the full price, and then it went F2P. I want my money back.

Aside from that, the big draw for me was personal story, a feature that was shortly after initial release shoved and forgotten, and instead of it, we got "living" story. I don't care about that. For me at the time personal story was something I haven't seen done in any other MMO. I wanted to see how the chioces I made and decisions I took would affect the storyline in the future. I knew not to expect fullblown Mass Effect experience, but the end results were rather dissapointing, as it quickly became obvious that even personal story was personal only for the first 30 levels, and then it morphed into adventures of the plantboy and his sidekick (the player).
    I can you opinion on the living story. Personal preference, totally valid opinion.

You have choices throughout the entire personal storyline, though.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tem...al_story_chart

https://imgur.com/vM3TQ63

- - - Updated - - -

Also telling it's the same in WoW is not really helpful, Blizzard didn't even try to make story cohesive in the first place. Temporary story content like pre-patches or Vale of Eternal Blossoms or legendary questlines, Cataclysm revamp putting 1-60 zones later in timeline than 60-80, putting story in books, comics, million of videos or posts on site. It's a chronological mess and comparing any story to that is a disservice.
    I mean when you put it like, Anet experiment with changing maps turn out a lot better than Blizzards with a fraction of the resources.

I think it's weird to judge either game on those experiments when in either case if you care about the story you can read/watch a video and they've shifted development away from those mistakes. I think, I don't play WoW much.

I don't know what its personally like for new players jumping into GW2 and hitting the gap in the narrative but I haven't heard anyone say they were lost after the in-game explanations or the better stuff on the wiki/youtube. Not person has said "this game is ruined because I can't play through season 1" (but the reason why I made the list is because you basically can play through season 1 in 2020 - you're right that it's disjointed).

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Man, that'd be quite the Cataclysm, wouldn't it?
    except you can literally play cataclysm and see exactly what caused it. With Lion's arch? You can't.

Nice try though!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Thell sell the best skins for real money.

Never playing it again.
    Say that to "League of Legends" , seems it doing well without crybois like you.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

It's Fun in short spurts I am almost to the point that I have every character to max level simply by logging in on my Birthday and using the level boosts, So There is not really any point in me playing the game I have my mounts and the wings so I just don't have anything to do and without the dedicated Tank/Healer/ DPS I just cant get into it. That and you can be fully geared in the 3rd best gear for like 5-10 gold after hitting max level by going to the market and buying it.

I typically only play on and around patch days. It's fun to work through the story content and achievements, but I'll drop off after a week or two.

Waiting for them to patch in the voice acting before I jump in to the last two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I mean when you put it like, Anet experiment with changing maps turn out a lot better than Blizzards with a fraction of the resources.

I think it's weird to judge either game on those experiments when in either case if you care about the story you can read/watch a video and they've shifted development away from those mistakes. I think, I don't play WoW much.

I don't know what its personally like for new players jumping into GW2 and hitting the gap in the narrative but I haven't heard anyone say they were lost after the in-game explanations or the better stuff on the wiki/youtube. Not person has said "this game is ruined because I can't play through season 1" (but the reason why I made the list is because you basically can play through season 1 in 2020 - you're right that it's disjointed).
    I don't think WoW moved from those mistakes. BfA pre-patch had questline about Sylvanas attacking Night Elves and burning their capital, everything was removed on launch and expansion now starts with Undercity siege. Don't think there is any logic here.

I can speak from my personal experience, since I started in 2017, way after LWS1 was removed. I had to read wiki for all seasons, because I didn't know you had to buy episodes between expansions (by the way, they should highlight this better when you buy the expansions) and bought them couple of months later. It didn't ruin my experience, but it certainly soured it.
    Looking for Raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Real life friends that want to come along again.
    Have alot of them playing WoW and i just don't like playing with (most) random strangers.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

except you can literally play cataclysm and see exactly what caused it. With Lion's arch? You can't.

Nice try though!
    You can't see old Stormwind. With Lions Arch, if you can't see what happened because it doesn't really matter since you're also not visiting old LA, it's just a city with a background. I can understand the dislike of the lost content of Season1 in theory, but it's been 7 years now, so it's really "whatever" at this point. I missed plenty of events in plenty of games and it didn't ruin my world. If this was such an offensive thing, it's probably as easy as "I didn't like the game", which is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think WoW moved from those mistakes. BfA pre-patch had questline about Sylvanas attacking Night Elves and burning their capital, everything was removed on launch and expansion now starts with Undercity siege. Don't think there is any logic here.

I can speak from my personal experience, since I started in 2017, way after LWS1 was removed. I had to read wiki for all seasons, because I didn't know you had to buy episodes between expansions (by the way, they should highlight this better when you buy the expansions) and bought them couple of months later. It didn't ruin my experience, but it certainly soured it.
    Honestly, I don't know why they still charge for all these old seasons. It's just a barrier to entry for newer players. At the least they should make the older stuff free with the purchase of the expansions or something.

It is certainly possible to buy them with gems bought with in game gold, but telling a new player to crank out 800 gold to buy gems to get a story from 5 years ago seems stupid to me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You can't see old Stormwind. With Lions Arch, if you can't see what happened because it doesn't really matter since you're also not visiting old LA, it's just a city with a background. I can understand the dislike of the lost content of Season1 in theory, but it's been 7 years now, so it's really "whatever" at this point. I missed plenty of events in plenty of games and it didn't ruin my world. If this was such an offensive thing, it's probably as easy as "I didn't like the game", which is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I don't know why they still charge for all these old seasons. It's just a barrier to entry for newer players. At the least they should make the older stuff free with the purchase of the expansions or something.

It is certainly possible to buy them with gems bought with in game gold, but telling a new player to crank out 800 gold to buy gems to get a story from 5 years ago seems stupid to me.
    so. the topic is "why aren't you returning" and "missing and dissapearing story content" is not a valid reason because you don't mind it?

I'd say learn something about opinions..

so. the topic is "why aren't you returning" and "missing and dissapearing story content" is not a valid reason because you don't mind it?

I'd say learn something about opinions..
    If it was enough of a reason, you'd have left WoW years ago.
    Looking for Raid.

Horrible Performance. Borderline Cult-like PC Culture, including but not limited to, refusal to implement Cantha due to 'Racial Connotations', extremely shoehorned relationships of the cishet and lgbt variety dominating much of the story after the end of the original game. Extremely and obviously greedy developer and production work. Like...ESO is doing far more and better as a game than GW2 and that is super sad.

Everytime I try and boot up GW2 I just get hit with an intense wave of regret because im not playing the original, and arguably superior, at the time, game (Nowadays not so much).

If it was enough of a reason, you'd have left WoW years ago.
    Well let's add some more then, especially for you ok?

Horrible solo experience
    Horrible dungeons with forced "No tank no healer, but the dungeons are still horrible"
    Zones are deserted, so if you don't get a group, some events are impossible
    Events that got removed from the game "because for the lulz"
    Cash store with gathering items
    Random content loot crates

Want anything else? Or are you done bashing people's opinion because people don't like your holy game?

Oh I forgot one!

Insanely fanatic fanbase that refuse to see anything wrong with the game