Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    That too is a matter of opinion if it hurts people. Those who buy herbs all the time will tell you it's great and that nothing needs to change to keep them cheap to buy.

I understand that. I'm not saying I agree with multiboxing. I'm stating that it's legal. My comparison was directly related to the person I was speaking to. It wasn't meant to imply that I support multiboxing.
    I'm not talking about individaul players but the economy overall. Its a fact that it has a bad impact on the economy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree, I don't think starting a program means it's not 100% automatic lol. That would mean there's literally 0 100% automatic bots since you have to start them all.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not multiple commands it's one command it just goes to multiple clients.

They do 1 command per key press, if they don't then let me know so I can report them

then cast sequence macros would be bad

It's only one command
    Thats not what i meant. Getting a script to do a task manually each time it has to do it(even if the script does 5-10-100000 different things when its running) could fall under it being a robot or not. Its not a hardline definition. Thats my point
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Short: On a pve server, yes! On a pvp server, no!

Long: On a pve server they basically only mine/herb and are virtually pointless and actually just help me being able to buy shit from AH cheaper. On a pvp server (I dont play on those but can imagine) probably not as noone likes a divebomb from 14 synced mobs landing on your face and murdering you when you are picking your lil flower.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What in the world does that have to do with anything? Both are harmful to the economy in different ways.

At least one of them doesnt stop other people from making gold.

its not like you have to allow one of them so i dont see the argument at all here lol

- - - Updated - - -

Are you literally a bot of the other 5 guys saying the same thing without knowing what you are speaking about?
    Ive played this game the start and the economy has been broken since first month. Long before multiboxing was a thing. So you can relax and let people do as they want, inside the rulebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multi-boxing is far from what wow should be about. In my book it is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chymey View Post
    Multi-boxing is far from what wow should be about. In my book it is cheating.
    Good thing blizzard has their own book. (Cuz its not cheating)

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    That is how it works. Supply vs Demand. It's a basic concept.

If the supply on herbs is low, the price goes up. As a result, the price of the goods produced from them will go up. As a result, the demand will go down. At the end, the people who are going to be most hurt is the consumable market. They're still only going to make 10-50g per consumable but they're going to be selling FAR LESS because the price to produce + profit is going to be far higher and less buyers.

Due to the low barrier to entry for all professions, more people are going to be hurt because at the end of the production line, profits are going to be hurt because of low volume of sales.

No, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

A person walks over to an herb. He clicks the herb. A 30 second timer starts. At the end of that 30 seconds, the herb disappears no matter what. Now, Joe Multibox comes along with 10 toons, 9 of his toons will be able to loot the herb, the 10th toon will get an error indicating he cannot loot the herb. The node has been fully looted.

I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing for you to realize. It's not hard.

I'm not going to waste my time with anecdotal bullshit lies.

I took my druid, I trained Herbalism, and I just flew around Nazjatar for 15 minutes. In that time, I gathered 25 nodes (I know this because I started at skill level 1 and ended at skill level 26)

Guess how many times I got to a node, clicked on it, and got an error?

Guess.

ZERO.

So choose which applies to you best.

A-I'm a dirty liar who is just anti-multibox.

B-I don't have a clue how game mechanics actually work.

C-There must be some other factor like my ATT Dial-up connection or zone phasing on Blizzard's end.

This isn't raw gold though. Raw gold leads to inflation. Gathering Materials and crafting lead to wealth distribution. Having a multiboxer gathering all the nodes is actually going to lead to deflation because it's going to be spent on larger purchases that lead toward removal of gold from the economy such as buying longbois.

The community experience as a whole. Having a healthy market that leads to people purchasing more consumables that leads to more competitive game play is going to overall, keep the economy and game healthier. Nobody should care about the 1 toxic, whiny little dude who is mad he can't get all the herb nodes to himself in an MMO game.
    An overfilled Auction house isnt a better aconomy. This argumen t isnt about supply and demand, its about a farming method that wasnt intended at the start meaning that herb farming is super, super effective for multiboxers leading to them overflowing AH with herbs and making it harder for other people to farm them.
    Having cheap prizes isnt a meassure of a good economy. Didnt you have this in like grade school?

The problem is that they dont emmidiately dissapear when 10 people have farmed them if they do so at the same time. They stay for like a min or so leaving others to waste time getting an error message.

You arent going to "waste your time with anecdotal bullshit" - continues to make his case on anecdotal bullshit. How fucking gold is that rofl!
    You ahve some ad hominem issues when you run out of arguments - do you know that?

Multiboxers farm raw gold aswell. Classic one being 5dh's farming freehold at once. So yes, this is both raw gold and its overflowing AH with mats that they shouldnt have access to.
    And no having a multiboxer overflowing AH with mats is not going to lead to deflation. The gold is still there. Deflation is caused by stuff like the giant dinosaur mount. Gold sinks in general. Not ekstra mats on the AH.

My community experience is fine. I'm one of the people who dont think wow as a whole has a toxic community. I engage a lot with pugs and the overwhelming majority of the time its a good experience. I am also part of 2 long standing danish communities(reaching back to BC) on my server with both irl friends and online friends.
    Inflating the market with herbs on a few specific individuals while making it harder for others to farm it does not lead to a healty market mr. trump.

Your language and demeanor indicates that you are talking about yourself in that last paragraph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Ive played this game the start and the economy has been broken since first month. Long before multiboxing was a thing. So you can relax and let people do as they want, inside the rulebook.
    I'm not stopping people from doing anything i'm arguing for a change for the betterment of the economy.

Feel free to try and argue your case, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This would make sense if Blizzard were only allowing SOME to multibox... but there is no such prohibition. Everyone has the same opportunity to multibox... Whether players chose to do it or not is on the individual.
    You are right Blizzard does not discriminate, providing they make the money you too can pay for in game advantages. Game integrity....not so important.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm not talking about individaul players but the economy overall. Its a fact that it has a bad impact on the economy

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not what i meant. Getting a script to do a task manually each time it has to do it(even if the script does 5-10-100000 different things when its running) could fall under it being a robot or not. Its not a hardline definition. Thats my point
    Not a fact, it’s an opinion because you can’t prove it. You can only theorize.

Not a fact, it’s an opinion because you can’t prove it. You can only theorize.
    it has 3 parts. Its a fact that regular players will be inconvenienced by this because, if farming at the same time as a druid multibox powerfarmer, will run into dead nodes and in general find less nodes becasue they get depleted faster.

Its also a fact that the people who then are able to farm less herbs/hour because of this makes less money from herbalism

Its not an unasailable fact that it has an impact on the AH economy buuuuuuuuuut. Its pretty damn close. unless the supply exactly meets the demand(which i doubt, as there are always herbs on AH) its gonna have an effect.

No, it's an opinion because you cannot prove anything you said. You can only theorize. Theories are not proof.

And when it comes to economics, there are plenty of rationalizations on what is good and bad. Online shopping ruins local businesses. However, that does not mean we should stop people from shopping online. They're doing it because they'll save money and it's convenient.

No. If they're going to allow it then it should be very limited.
    No multibox reagent farming, no battlegrounds, no war mode, etc.

It's a pathetic thing used and abused by pathetic people.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2020-08-19 at 11:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's an opinion because you cannot prove anything you said. You can only theorize. Theories are not proof.

And when it comes to economics, there are plenty of rationalizations on what is good and bad. Online shopping ruins local businesses. However, that does not mean we should stop people from shopping online. They're doing it because they'll save money and it's convenient.
    You do realize that if multi-boxers are "online" and single individuals are "local" you've just proven that there is a negative impact on the economy. A good economy doesn't just do what is good for the end product consumer.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You do realize that if multi-boxers are "online" and single individuals are "local" you've just proven that there is a negative impact on the economy. A good economy doesn't just do what is good for the end product consumer.
    I'm referring to the producer, not the consumer. The consumer will do what's best for him. If multiboxers are keeping herb prices low, those who use them but do not farm them will tell you they're good for the economy because they keep prices fair. The opposition will tell you they're bad because they're no longer able to inflate prices.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm referring to the producer, not the consumer. The consumer will do what's best for him. If multiboxers are keeping herb prices low, those who use them but do not farm them will tell you they're good for the economy because they keep prices fair. The opposition will tell you they're bad because they're no longer able to inflate prices.
    Right which still means we can objectively show a negative impact on the economy from multi-boxers. Your own words betray the argument you keep trying to make.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right which still means we can objectively show a negative impact on the economy from multi-boxers. Your own words betray the argument you keep trying to make.
    lol no they don't. I'm not seeing any argument to the contrary other than "my ability to inflate prices is hindered by multiboxers". You seem confused about what betrayal means. Betrayal and reinforcement are not the same thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol no they don't. I'm not seeing any argument to the contrary other than "my ability to inflate prices is hindered by multiboxers". You seem confused about what betrayal means. Betrayal and reinforcement are not the same thing.
    Multi-boxers keep a price low are negatively impacting the value of herbs. We went from you saying "you can't prove it" to you proving it. And now you are saying "its not negative" while saying there is a negative effect.

It's negative in YOUR eyes because you're unable to inflate the prices. For the consumer, keeping the prices low is positive.

The value of something is only relevant to how much somebody will pay for it.

Should we only allow 1 farmer to plant corn so we can increase the value of it? No... consumers like paying $1 for 5 ears of corn, not $5 per ear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    No. If they're going to allow it then it should be very limited.
    No multibox reagent farming, no battlegrounds, no war mode, etc.

It's a pathetic thing used and abused by pathetic people.
    Lol, yikes dude. Weird to be that upset about something like this.
    Hi

Normally i just lurk and read posts. Figured i would share some of my wisdom here. This thread should just be closed it servers no actual purpose. Both sides just argue back and forth about an issue neither of them has the ability to change, that fate is in blizzards hands. If blizzard allows something in there game then i guess you just have to suck it up and try to make the best of it. Have seen these types of posts for the past 6 years on here and in WoW forums figured by now people would just give up and respect blizzards choice in these matters. Continuing to complain expecting a different outcome is the very definition of insanity, and those defending multiboxing wasting their time trying to reason with individuals that have clearly made up their mind. Stop caring about what others do or how they play the game and instead have fun and play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lol, yikes dude. Weird to be that upset about something like this.
    How dare I simply comment my opinion. Hardly upset.
    Sorry that my comment upset you, Mr Yikes.