10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Honestly, shes unlikeable and a toxic brand in my eyes.
    Voting based on likability is why this thread is going on 3,000 pages.

I get your point, but I do wish more Americans would prefer a competent unlikable official than an incompetent likable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    So Trump apparently hilariously scammed Israel in the recent "Peace Deal" and they are pissed.

In case you missed it, the UAE normalized relations with Israel last week, and the Trump administration is trying to spin it as some sort of giant foriegn policy victory. Which it isn't, because the wind has been blowing that way for a long time, and the US doesn't have much to do with it. Essentially, Israel and the UAE have the exact same list of enemies, rivals, and allies. They both fear/hate Iran, Hizbollah, ISIS, and Assad, they both are very uncomfortable with Saudi Arabia, and they are both strong allies of America. And they are distant enough they have no real beef with each other that isn't cultural.

It isn't like the UAE and Israel were at war or anything. Anyway, apparently the UAE decided to exploit Trump's desperate need for a "Win" by getting something out of him for a deal they wanted anyway. So apparently they got the US to agree to sell them F-35s for signing the deal. Which nobody ever mentioned to Israel was part of the deal, and Israel is NOT happy about it.

The US has a long standing policy of allowing Israel to have a "Qualitative advantage" for weaponry in the region. In other words, we sell Israel the good stuff, and we sell everyone else watered down export models or last gen tech. The UAE hates this policy of course, they love them some cool modern toys, so they got this out of Trump under the "We aren't Israel's enemies now, so we can totally have this". Israel feels like it got double crossed.
    Why the hell would Israel trust him in the first place? They should have learned by now to take all Trump's deal offers with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's going to go nuts. Tweet-rage-storm drinking game:

1. Mentions election numbers (double drink if "landslide" is mentioned).
    2. Jobs
    3. COVID-19 success
    4. "Hoax" (sip only, we don't need all of us dying of alcohol poisoning within the first 5 minutes - let's be safe kids!)
    5. Roger Stone.
    6. Russia.
    7. Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

All joking aside, I tend to agree with you. When I saw her in the lineup, I was a little surprised, for the reasons you mention above. Hopefully she'll keep it short and simple.
    8. Her emails

So Trump apparently hilariously scammed Israel in the recent "Peace Deal" and they are pissed.

In case you missed it, the UAE normalized relations with Israel last week, and the Trump administration is trying to spin it as some sort of giant foriegn policy victory. Which it isn't, because the wind has been blowing that way for a long time, and the US doesn't have much to do with it. Essentially, Israel and the UAE have the exact same list of enemies, rivals, and allies. They both fear/hate Iran, Hizbollah, ISIS, and Assad, they both are very uncomfortable with Saudi Arabia, and they are both strong allies of America. And they are distant enough they have no real beef with each other that isn't cultural.

It isn't like the UAE and Israel were at war or anything. Anyway, apparently the UAE decided to exploit Trump's desperate need for a "Win" by getting something out of him for a deal they wanted anyway. So apparently they got the US to agree to sell them F-35s for signing the deal. Which nobody ever mentioned to Israel was part of the deal, and Israel is NOT happy about it.

The US has a long standing policy of allowing Israel to have a "Qualitative advantage" for weaponry in the region. In other words, we sell Israel the good stuff, and we sell everyone else watered down export models or last gen tech. The UAE hates this policy of course, they love them some cool modern toys, so they got this out of Trump under the "We aren't Israel's enemies now, so we can totally have this". Israel feels like it got double crossed.
    I...am both surprised, and not surprised to see that the Trump administration would lie and go behind our allies backs to try to get some kind of win for themselves.

But hey, what does Bibi have to complain about. He's been cozying up to Trump for 4 years now, and Trump moved the US embassy to Jerusalem. There's no better friend to Israel, who also happens to sometimes try to sell modern military hardware to countries that were recently not on good terms with Israel.

They had to have seen this coming, Bibi can't be fucking dumb enough to believe that Trump would be genuinely honest with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Somehow, Donald Trump has been President for nearly four years, and is not aware that Congress has two parts...
    Quote Originally Posted by A Confused Fox News Viewer from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Why are Republicans allowing the Democrats to have ridiculous Post Office hearings on Saturday & Monday, just before and during our Convention. Let them hold them NOW (during their Convention) or after our Convention is over. Always playing right into their hands! @senatemajldr
    So apparently he is mad that Mitch McConnell is allowing the House to hold hearings on the Post Office.

Absolutely baffling how Trump thinks Congress works. What does he think Pelosi does for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's going to go nuts. Tweet-rage-storm drinking game:

1. Mentions election numbers (double drink if "landslide" is mentioned).
    2. Jobs
    3. COVID-19 success
    4. "Hoax" (sip only, we don't need all of us dying of alcohol poisoning within the first 5 minutes - let's be safe kids!)
    5. Roger Stone.
    6. Russia.
    7. Her emails.
    Reported for attempted alcohol poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I get your point, but I do wish more Americans would prefer a competent unlikable official than an incompetent likable one.
    If Hillary had won in 2016, the virus would be mostly under control, our economy would be recovering, and we would have over 100k fewer deaths from the virus. If Gore had won in 2000, the Mancession would not have happened. There are costs to voting for incompetent charismatic morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not only based on religion. He is doing policy to satisfy a religion's expectation of the Apocalypse coming.
    Yeah, sorta what I was getting at without talking about the 'R' word. Very dangerous
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.axios.com/snapback-sanct...0c47614df.html

Trump is trying to cause problems in the UN.

Per the Iran nuclear deal, any signatory can request that sanctions be immediately re-imposed on Iran for any reason. No other member, or members, can veto this move.

The US, having failed to convince other signatories to reimpose sanctions, is going to move ahead with this.

Problem is, the US is no longer a party to the Iran nuclear deal, as Trump withdrew the country.

So not much going on, just the Trump administration potentially trying to create an international incident for...uh...I haven't the foggiest clue why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Problem is, the US is no longer a party to the Iran nuclear deal
    Considering almost everyone in the world opposes this move, I hope your use of the word "request" is accurate and the UN basically says "No, you can't do that".

I haven't read the Iran Nuclear Deal word for word, but I'm fairly sure that what's being hinted at is that sanctions be re-applied by countries that aren't the US. All five of whom have zero to negative reason to do so. Nor does the UN as a whole.

I suppose Trump could protest the rules applying to him, could protest the consequences of his actions, by trying to leave the UN. Which I think would drag out to, I dunno, late Jan or something? Worse, Russia and/or China could just block the US from being re-allowed when Trump leaves, make their spot on the world stage even more secure, and Dictator for Life Putin and Communist China would just flat-out win, having permanent veto power and the US having lost ours.

I see no reason why the UN would follow this. Simply put, no matter what the language in the Iran Nuclear Deal says, the remaining signatories could just...not do it. They could make an amendment in 29 days, ratify it amongst themselves in a process that does not allow a veto by non-signers, and tell Trump to fuck off. What's Trump going to do, complain that someone failed to live up to their end of a contract? That's the pot calling the kettle morbidly obese. And while that article says nobody can veto the US's demand for returned sanctions, it doesn't spell out that the demand itself is 100% successful. If it comes to a vote, it'll be 2-10 with 3 abstentions.

The bright side? Iran will be on their best behavior for the next 30 days, purely to suck up to the UN.

Also, what "significant violation" would there be? Trump took issue with Iran backing terrorists, why wouldn't he, but that wasn't part of the deal. In fact, that's why he left. Iran has been passing their allotted limit, true, but they could just hand that over and "apologize" for the "mistake".

I only see one realistic outcome in which this works out for Trump, and that's if Iran does something nuclear-level stupid. Iran is many things, but they're not that stupid.

As this article explains, Pompeo claims he has evidence of Iran's noncompliance to a significant degree. Which means, dust off the ol' Colin Powell yellowcake playbook. The US's credibilty was damaged by W, and Trump snapped it in half. They could show proof the sky is blue and England and France would quietly leave the room while Russia and China say "lol it's red" and laugh merrily.

- - - Updated - - -

McEnemy was asked point-blank if Trump would accept the results of the election, if he lost.

She refuesed to answer.

The president has always said he'll see what happens and make a determination in the aftermath. It's the same thing he said last election
    Incidentally, what Trump said last election was

I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election - if I win
    And that wasn't an off-the-cuff comment. He said that during the debates.

So not only did McEnemy refuse to answer, she's also still a liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.axios.com/snapback-sanct...0c47614df.html

Trump is trying to cause problems in the UN.

Per the Iran nuclear deal, any signatory can request that sanctions be immediately re-imposed on Iran for any reason. No other member, or members, can veto this move.

The US, having failed to convince other signatories to reimpose sanctions, is going to move ahead with this.

Problem is, the US is no longer a party to the Iran nuclear deal, as Trump withdrew the country.

So not much going on, just the Trump administration potentially trying to create an international incident for...uh...I haven't the foggiest clue why.
    Probably trying to distract from the going on 200,000 dead Americans and his efforts to rig the election, I’d surmise.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Which is why I voted for Hillary in 2016 and will vote for Biden in 2020.

Though I wouldn't describe Trump as "likable"
    Putin khuliyo

Trump calls for Goodyear boycott.

"Goodyear is headquartered in Ohio, a 2020 swing state, and employs roughly 63,000 people."

https://t.co/yOrRkx2owz
    https://twitter.com/benswasey/status...266297856?s=19

Well if the intention was to stay out of politics. I hope most of those Goodyear employees understand Trump is attempting to take their job.

Another comment to paraphrase,'Trump is not about America first. It is about him'.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Remember how, in light of the USPS bullshit from Trump, there's been a lot of support for dropping off ballots at drop-off locations rather than sending them in via the mail?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9678671.html

Yeah, apparently Trump is trying to get those shut down as well, currently going after PA.

I hope hornets create a nest in his ballsack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Probably trying to distract from the going on 200,000 dead Americans and his efforts to rig the election, I’d surmise.
    He tried that by pointing at how horrible the outbreaks are in the other countries. Like when he spent like 10 mins talking about how bad it was in NZ when they only have 22 dead vs 170k+ in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    He tried that by pointing at how horrible the outbreaks are in the other countries. Like when he spent like 10 mins talking about how bad it was in NZ when they only have 22 dead vs 170k+ in the US
    22 dead at all and those are from our earlier outbreak a few months ago. The current outbreak has only infected ~70 people? And nobody has died and I think there haven't been any hospital visits except for one or two brief ones.

More people die in the US from COVID every half an hour than we've lost here in New Zealand at all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remember how, in light of the USPS bullshit from Trump, there's been a lot of support for dropping off ballots at drop-off locations rather than sending them in via the mail?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9678671.html

Yeah, apparently Trump is trying to get those shut down as well, currently going after PA.

I hope hornets create a nest in his ballsack.
    And you notice how he's not going after ballot boxes in Oklahoma? Or Alabama? He seems to mostly be going after battleground and democratic heavy states. And we have no way to stop him.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump makes a stink about this:
    Trump calls for Goodyear boycott
    which captures a news cycle...

so people will forget that
    the GOP confirmed Trump's campaign worked directly with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.
    Because that's how Trump operates. Horror and illegality on a daily basis, and too much to keep track of, so people just forget....
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-08-19 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    22 dead at all and those are from our earlier outbreak a few months ago. The current outbreak has only infected ~70 people? And nobody has died and I think there haven't been any hospital visits except for one or two brief ones.
    Let's do the math.

New Zealand has a population of just under 5 million humans, a city of elves, a shire of hobbits and one dwarf.

22 deaths scaled up to the US population of 330,000,000 (roughly) would be...about 1,512.

Trump called out New Zealand for doing badly yet the United States under his lack of leadership exceeds this by two orders of magnitude plus the filled stands of a Wimbledon event.

Trump in his press conference (watching real time) said staying at home is worse than coronavirus.

So he rattled off a bunch of effects such as mental health, alcoholism, abuse (yeah he was just saying crap) killing more people than coronavirus.

Do we have studies, data? I mean I can see trying to connect of people being sheltered leading to mental health problems like drinking more and sure more domestic abuse. But the hyperbole of him saying go out and spread coronavirus is a moron statement. Well it is Trump

10+ Year Old Account

Oh someone please answer that phone cause I fucking CALLED IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    *snip*
    That said, I get what Netanyahu gets, with his corruption troubles, this is a play of "see you need me, so what if I wet my beak a bit, THINK OF THE PEACE!!!"
    but whats the UAE get? weapon deal maybe?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.