Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ritual of Doom is back!!!

Ritual of Doom (New) Begins a ritual that sacrifices a random participant to summon a doomguard. Requires the caster and 4 additional party members to complete the ritual. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. Instant. 60 min cooldown.
    I can't believe it's back. I'm so happy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Ritual of doom, as well as corruption on destro and demo, are completely useless for any actual gameplay.
    Would be better if it was not a meme ability, but some people will have some fun with it, so it is fine, I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    It will be fun to kill people with it.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet. Next up, let me summon people off cliffs again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

It should summon something else, thats violent, and uncontrollable, like a mini pitlord.

I'm glad they're spending development time on useless gimmicks. 60 min cd. Meaning you get to use doomguard after damaging someone's durability for a single pull during progression.

I hate how they keep repeating WoD and WotLK useless nostalgia design without practical gameplay in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scrap this, get rid of the 1 UA limit

10+ Year Old Account
    The way they intend to implement it is nothing short of a cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

Blizzard truly cant win.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

So, we get our doomguard back but have to enslave it every 5 minutes? Or how does this work?
    And if the doomguard gets killed (or more likely despawned by some cutscene, the start of a m+ or one of the myriad other things that despawns pets in WoW) we're screwed? I mean, yeah. It's a free ability and it may be fun. But man, Legion's talent was leagues better. Still, better than nothing I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much a yay moment with meh right behind.

Wait for resistance from players to summon it, even in your own raid, because no one wants to die and/or spend the gold on "repairs" or because they don't want to bother with the risk of it breaking loose in M+ or in the raid itself.

Auto enslave? Sounds dim maybe, but I feel like that takes a big part of what was fun about it out of the original version.

And for good measure....what happened to your frieeennndddd?

Yawn......

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Yawn......
    The amount of whining you all bring to fun posts is so shitty. Stop whining about nothing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post

Wait for resistance from players to summon it, even in your own raid, because no one wants to die and/or spend the gold on "repairs" or because they don't want to bother with the risk of it breaking loose in M+ or in the raid itself.
    Just make the participation non voluntary. You cast it, someone dies : ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Very much a yay moment with meh right behind.

Auto enslave? Sounds dim maybe, but I feel like that takes a big part of what was fun about it out of the original version.

And for good measure....what happened to your frieeennndddd?
    Mostly the issue is around it being a DPS increase on 60 mins CD and even if it would reset each wipe, which it won't, it would be a ton of annoying busywork then to do your 100% of DPS.

Would be fun and games after 5 wipes, but would get REAL old after 100 wipes.

I think the ability itself is cool and should stay in, but instead should replace your current demon when ens... subjugated. So it will be DPS neutral or at most 1% increase or some other insignificant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'm glad they're spending development time on useless gimmicks. 60 min cd. Meaning you get to use doomguard after damaging someone's durability for a single pull during progression.

I hate how they keep repeating WoD and WotLK useless nostalgia design without practical gameplay in mind.
    Only it won't even be useful for that, because it can turn hostile at any point, meaning it could actually be a detriment rather than a good thing.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Ritual of doom, as well as corruption on destro and demo, are completely useless for any actual gameplay.
    Would be better if it was not a meme ability, but some people will have some fun with it, so it is fine, I guess.
    lmao so an RP ability is useless in an RPG game? Just because some random joe online says it does 0.0000000000001% less dps than another "viable" ability?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Just make the participation non voluntary. You cast it, someone dies : ).
    If only, lol. A warlock can dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Mostly the issue is around it being a DPS increase on 60 mins CD and even if it would reset each wipe, which it won't, it would be a ton of annoying busywork then to do your 100% of DPS.

Would be fun and games after 5 wipes, but would get REAL old after 100 wipes.

I think the ability itself is cool and should stay in, but instead should replace your current demon when ens... subjugated. So it will be DPS neutral or at most 1% increase or some other insignificant amount.
    Oh yeah. Subjugated I mean. Touche'. Don't want to have to make reparations to the Legion of course.

Yeah - the implementation is odd. On your point it's extra time wasted between pulls. Even if it's a 30 second deal during progression that adds up to extra minutes quickly.

Even though I objected to the original incarnation of Grimoire of Supremacy initially, I don't feel it was an awful way to utilize guardians. I have many fond memories of dropping infernals in Ashenvale and doomguards running amok as recently as Halls of Archavon (iirc), I don't know that the game is really built around abilities like this anymore.

I like to see it back, but I feel like it's going to feel out of place.

Yea, not a fan of this.

Lets say you have 3 locks in for your raid which is pretty normal. Now you gotta summon 3 doomguards, kill 3 ppl and res them. And 3 doomguards possibly turning hostile at any time during a progression boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Yea, not a fan of this.

Lets say you have 3 locks in for your raid which is pretty normal. Now you gotta summon 3 doomguards, kill 3 ppl and res them. And 3 doomguards possibly turning hostile at any time during a progression boss.
    It... clearly doesn't seem intended for this use. It seems like Blizzard put it back in because it's fun and not too serious, and with a 60 minute CD is clearly not intended to be used on progression?