Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only if only the wood pecker sighs....

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Would rather a complete graphics overhaul and them tidying up ground effects with bright orange death circles like every other game is doing rather than this 2d fuckery we have now.
    You mean with what? This shiny glossy characterless shit that most recent mmo’s use through unreal that looks like utter crap? Lolok. WoW looks incredibly good for a game that uses a 20+ year old engine - they’re never going to graphically “overhaul” the game an lose its character. Crawl back into your stupid box.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    I have a 1080 and I get 144 to 135 fps at all times in cod maxed out with 115% resolution.

With raytracing on and it being used I get 12-15 fps max.
    You know that the 1080 is not a RTX GPU and does have to render the effects via the driver in software?
    You can't even run most raytracing effects at all on non RTX GPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You mean with what? This shiny glossy characterless shit that most recent mmo’s use through unreal that looks like utter crap? Lolok. WoW looks incredibly good for a game that uses a 20+ year old engine - they’re never going to graphically “overhaul” the game an lose its character. Crawl back into your stupid box.
    You assume i mean the standard asian unreal engine filth, and i do not, Blizzard is more than wealthy enough to create another more advanced engine to give us more modern up to date graphics, animations that dont consist of wonky cringy facial and body movement, and better spell and weapon effects that look like they belong in a top down action mmo. You cant deny that majority of the in game cinematics look like they hired a few machinima makers from youtube to put together video.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    That's too bad because many parts of WoW clearly show its age.
    Yeah it's a very old game. But it's getting too old. Even Shadowlands and updated textures can't save it.
    This might be the last expansion I play. The game needs to die and Blizzard need a new mmorpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    That's too bad because many parts of WoW clearly show its age.
    Yeah it's a very old game. But it's getting too old. Even Shadowlands and updated textures can't save it.
    This might be the last expansion I play. The game needs to die and Blizzard need a new mmorpg.
    The graphics are actually superb. I think what is annoying more is the cartoon art style rather than being realistic.

Maybe increase your graphic settings/ render scaling/ add reshade/ use the commands to go beyond 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Here's to hoping that blizzard doesn't artificially prevent higher-end 10 series GPUs (1070 / ti, 1080 / ti) from using these Raytracing functions.

(inb4 need RTX card: Tell Quake 2 RTX that. and because that game is a fully raytraced engine, instead of only using a couple of RT functions, it hits harder than wows RT would/should (in theory))

TBPH I wouldn't mind running my game at lower FPS to be able to enable raytracing in some situations. I think people using 10 series cards should be allowed to decide if they want to take the performance hit to enable them instead of blizzard deciding they aren't allowed to.
    As an owner of a 1070, I'll say that they probably won't, because nVidia supports it and that's all they need, but the performance hit on those will be much higher than in RTX cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The graphics are actually superb. I think what is annoying more is the cartoon art style rather than being realistic.

Maybe increase your graphic settings/ render scaling/ add reshade/ use the commands to go beyond 100%
    You haven't been paying attention to pixelated, flat, stretched out textures.
    I game at 4k/120hz and maxed out details. I doubt your picture quality is better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You haven't been paying attention to pixelated, flat, stretched out textures.
    I game at 4k/120hz and maxed out details. I doubt your picture quality is better than that.
    technically am at 5k :P

Tried it today. The performance hit is often in excess of 60% regardless of what level of ray traced shadows you select, & the end result is not really that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    As an owner of a 1070, I'll say that they probably won't, because nVidia supports it and that's all they need, but the performance hit on those will be much higher than in RTX cards.
    i honestly wouldn't even care if it was slideshow mode. tbh, it just pisses me off that 90% of dev studios are like "lolno" because no reason.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    i honestly wouldn't even care if it was slideshow mode. tbh, it just pisses me off that 90% of dev studios are like "lolno" because no reason.
    It would almost certainly be slideshow, but like you, I don't see any reason not to give players the option to try it for themselves - especially as it's tucked away in the advanced settings menu.

The RTX cards have up to 60% performance hits when turning RTX on and they were built for this shit.

GTX 10 will just crumble under it. No practical reason to do it on those cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The RTX cards have up to 60% performance hits when turning RTX on and they were built for this shit.

GTX 10 will just crumble under it. No practical reason to do it on those cards.
    Agreed, would be a screenshots thing basically.. but 'no practical reason' should not mean 'physically prevented from'
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalk3r View Post
    You know that the 1080 is not a RTX GPU and does have to render the effects via the driver in software?
    You can't even run most raytracing effects at all on non RTX GPUs.
    Thats my point. You have all these people excited about how well its gunna run on 1070s and 1060s lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've an RTX card (2070s) so hopefully I should fare a bit better, but it depends entirely on the implementation Blizzard decide to go with.
    Ya they have the specialized rtx stuff. A 2070 will get 144fps with rtx im pretty sure in cod. Granted its only used for certain stuff. Wow runs a bit worse. You'll prolly float around 70 to a 100. You can go test on the ptr im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Thats my point. You have all these people excited about how well its gunna run on 1070s and 1060s lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ya they have the specialized rtx stuff. A 2070 will get 144fps with rtx im pretty sure in cod. Granted its only used for certain stuff. Wow runs a bit worse. You'll prolly float around 70 to a 100. You can go test on the ptr im curious.
    I did go test. I drop from 80 to 30-35 in Boralus with everything else maxed out, & see a similar 60%~ drop in Zuldazar & the old world.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I did go test. I drop from 80 to 30-35 in Boralus with everything else maxed out, & see a similar 60%~ drop in Zuldazar & the old world.
    Oof. Thats pretty expensive considering its only a basic form of raytraced shadows.

Guess its gonna be a 3x series feature ill use then lol.

3+ Year Old Account
    can i update Nvidia GeForce driver from here

- - - Updated - - -

am i right