Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is your least favourite type of Tattoo?

i would a love heart - cringe and bland.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not get one. But if I did, a Celtic cross. No more than 2 inches long.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like people don't read at all...tribal is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like almost all (good quality) tattoos regardless of genres. Most of them are not something I would want to wear myself / fit my aesthetic -- I don't think I'd ever get anything that wasn't some style of blackwork -- but I can still appreciate them on an artistic level.

Probably my least favourite aesthetically is american traditional just because such limited colour palate, but at least it has longevity and solid aging on its side. Then there are other genres that I really like visually but know don't heal or age particularly well as a general rule like watercolour. And then there are styles that are super dated (90s style tribal) which isn't my preference but if that's what you're going for then go for it. But basically everything I can like on some level. I'm pretty enthusiastic about tattoos and body modification in general.

No, wait, I guess really my answer is "anything with bad fonts" because I hate bad fonts regardless of context.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Ejaculating penises and those halfwits who tattoo vaginas to their armpits.

Like . . . who does that lol.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Tramp Stamps, or Tattoos in languages that person doesn't speak.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Anything in a language the wearer cant read.

5+ Year Old Account
    Realistic potraits...its like wearing a sign "I have issues" n it looks like its staring at you..u don't want to ask for fear they will become at ease to unload all their tales of problems..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Anything in a language the wearer cant read.
    Anything in asian, which could just as well translate as chicken dinner..

Dunno I'm almost done with my entire left leg in horror motive and will start with chest and right arm soon, will be warrior motives on arm like a roman, a medieval knight, greek warrior, viking etc. Chest will be a bear on one side and a wolf on the other side with background.

My Tattoo artist says he hates doing texts and let his apprentices do that though.

He also facepalm at couples doing their names or something else.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Prison tattoo, thats fucking ugly, they are using low quality gear to make them, like a needle plug on a walkman engine.
    Any face tattoo and on hand/finger = douchebag
    And I can't stop laughing when I see a young kid with a ship rudder or a boat anchor, I mean wtf are you, Popeye ? Gilligan ? Idk, it was a trend here recently

Low craftsmanship tattoos. Or if a person is drowning in tattoos; at some point it becomes too much.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Low effort ones, tatts made "for lols" and look no better than stick figure drawings.

Also, when the entire body is covered in colored tattoos, looks horrible to me, but I would never knock anyone for choosing to have them.

People who get them because they're "cool" and have no other personal or deeper meaning.

Because almost inevitably, they end up regretting it later and don't like talking about it and it becomes a depressing or at least not fun conversation. Even if the tattoo really IS awesome and "cool."

Tattoos in general look stupid, I hate all of them. I like some people who have tattoos but I still think they made a poor choice. As for whats the worst of a bad bunch, highly visible graffiti looking tattoos in highly visible locations. Example would be the phone operator girls in the John Wick series. Looks awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything tribal or in a foreign language that some middle class white boy got to look more exotic

In no particular order
    - swastikas and certain flags
    - tramp stamps
    - generic copy&paste tribals
    - face tattoos
    - faces of people
    - names of people (especially bad are lovers)
    - 4-letter-cringe on the knuckles (DEAD, PAIN, etc)
    - the with 90% certainty misspelled/not meaning what you think it does asian language tattoos

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos in the first place, but the above are the worst on top of my head. I'm okay with the ones that actually have some deeper meaning for you, like reflecting a milestone in someone's life - and no, your trip to Bangkok to get the clap doesn't count imho .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Tattoos in general look stupid, I hate all of them.
    While I don't specifically hate them they do look like silent cries for help: "I need to paint my body with stupid shit because I don't get enough attention, I'm not co0OL enough or I'm a sheep that must jump on any trend."

All of them.

Someone with a tattoo may be beautiful, but they will never be as beautiful as they were before the tattoo.

the "tribal" tattoos on anyone. if you're Polynesian, that's allowed in my book. Chinese or Japanese characters on non-Chinese or non-Japanese people. You're just trying too hard or you're projecting your Asian fetish.