The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hey all, I've recently fallen (not) ill with a desire to play a good, war-based FPS. I don't really want to play multiplayer, but just play through a solid, engaging story. I've been struggling to get interested in video games lately, and even when I do, do I finish them? Well... I got all the way to the near-ending of P4G on PC back in late June/early July and I just stopped. (Watched the anime and that was it lol) Never beat the last two bosses in DOOM (2016), mostly due to it being kinda tough and I was like, eh, I saw most of the game. DOOM Eternal is very involved and probably a little beyond my skill level, without going down to the baby difficulty setting lol.

I think I am looking for a campaign FPS with an emphasis on character development, to some degree at least. Last year I discovered the youtube channel Viva La Dirt League and they've done some neat videos about FPS games, talking about character stories and what not throughout. Maybe this is why the sudden urge!

Anyways, I tried Googling some games earlier, but also just wanted to share my request with actual humans, as you all might give more honest and thoughtful replies than Google/a list from some IGN-type website.

Thanks for any and all responses!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Suggest-a-Game!
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak to this as I haven't played either of them really but I always hear people rave about the Wolfenstein reboot. I have heard people call those 2 games amazing FPS stories.

I would also suggest some of the CoD stories. People like to shit on that series but the stories are typically pretty damn good. At least in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few old gems:
    *gunman chronicles (cost 0) -- more of less half life (space war)
    *Duke nukem 3d (alien invasion)
    *Soldier of fortune (war pretty much with special forces)
    *Deus Ex
    *medal of honor allied assault
    *command and conquer renegade

Not war related (well kinda):
    *Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
    *redneck rampage
    *Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    *Aliens versus Predator 2
    *No One Lives Forever
    *postal 2
    *XIII
    *Painkiller

Mostly new Fps this days fells to slow to fell like fps.

I don't know about being realistic, but both the Dishonored games and their expansions are SUPERIOR fps games. Although not as much shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Check out Deus ex human revolution or mankind divided if you're into stealth as well.
    Seconded, both incredible games.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know about being realistic, but both the Dishonored games and their expansions are SUPERIOR fps games. Although not as much shooting.
    Well if you're gonna mention Dishonored,I'm gonna mention Thief (NOT the reboot),especially the first two. You won't get much better as far as immersion goes,though just like Dishonored I dunno if I'd call them FPS games proper

Call of Duty World at War.

I'm sorry that it's old.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Call of Duty World at War.

I'm sorry that it's old.
    Honestly, I'm not too worried if a game is old. If it functions well and plays well, I think that's what matters most! Some old games still play very well, some are showing their age.

Graphics are cool, but not totally necessary... though I'll admit sometimes I really do just want to stress my GTX 1080 Ti... it's a hybrid so temps are never an issue... I need to actually use it. lol

*feels the glare of DOOM Eternal*
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I love playing Football Manager. Or rather, I love buying and selling players, nurturing their loan deals, playing time, training, and then eventually either using them in my main team, or selling them off for a premium.

Of course, this isn't really the main focus of FM, so I ask - are there any games where I could do something similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is very good. Some people said Titanfall 2 and I would say there's a section of that game that is one of the most fun FPS experiences I've ever had. That being said the campaign is relatively short. The story is pretty throwaway but does have some cool moments. DOOM 2016 is pretty fun as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demon's Tilt and Dead Cells
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account

mobile games with anime girls

what are the best gameplay wise mobile games with cute anime girls? afk arena? azure lane?
    post your recommendations

:3
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Is this question for real or is it som kind of convoluted troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    those games exist for a reason. theres an audience for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what are the best gameplay wise mobile games with cute anime girls? afk arena? azure lane?

Hey, i kinda like: Date a live: Spirit Pledge and Hero Canatare.
    Date a live is only about cute anime girls.
    Hero Canatare is not, but you got cute anime girls init (Tower of God, God of Highschool and some others)
    Get in my Belly!

10+ Year Old Account

Gun gal 2 for pc is perfect for you . Stay away from mobile -- its garbage.

Granblue Fantasy. It's the most friendly F2P gacha game I've ever seen. They don't bug you with advertisements, they don't bug you with constant offers, the game isn't designed around you have to pay for stuff to progress, or anything. In fact, they throw tons of free characters at you during the Christmas, New Year's, Anniversary, and Summer events. I've never dropped a dime and I have two hundred characters, more than I could ever possibly use.

Also, DON'T SPEND YOUR CRYSTALS! Save them up! (explanation below)
    Spoiler: 
    Each 10 draw gives you 10 sparks. You need 300 sparks to draw any character of your choice whose rates are boosted. 1 draws do not give you a spark, only the 10 draws. You can spend 3,000 crystals on a 10 draw, thus giving you 10 sparks.

For four days at the end of every month, there is a short event called the Premium Gala (aka Legfest). During the Gala, the draw rates for all SSR characters are boosted. If you have 300 sparks, you can pretty much pick any SSR you want in the game. However, when the Gala period ends, all of your sparks are lost and converted into stones. As such, save your draws up until you can draw 300 times during the event and volia! You now have the SSR you wanted!

During the leadup to Christmas/New Years in December and to the game's anniversary in March (and the leadup to the anniversary starting around mid February), the developers put up a special event. Each day, when you log in, you get to spin a wheel for free that gives you free draws. You can get 10 free draws, 20, 50, 100, 200, or land in a special zone that will have you keep drawing until you draw an item of at least SR quality. If you don't have 300 draws saved up, you might get a lucky spin and get enough free draws to make up the difference.

Don't use the mobile app; just go to the GBF website using Google Chrome and it'll work.

10+ Year Old Account
    what shooters, preferably FPS, can u guys recommend? im playing VALORANT right now and want something less competetive and stressful

it can be lootshooters (i got destiny 2), i also have DOOM. the more it reminds VALORANT the better

10+ Year Old Account
    what shooters, preferably FPS, can u guys recommend? im playing VALORANT right now and want something less competetive and stressful

it can be lootshooters (i got destiny 2), i also have DOOM. the more it reminds VALORANT the better
    https://renegade-x.com/

Cost nothing to play.

• Overwatch (PvP, you have 6v6, 3v3, 1v1 and FFA gamemodes, isn't a performance intensive game. High TTK (time to kill, meaning it's very forgiving)
    • Warframe (PvE, third person over the shoulder, there a lot of different playstyles including traditional shooter playstyles)
    • Red Orchestra (hardcore WW2 simulator. You have to remember how many bullets are in your cartridge, if you get shot once you're probably dead, friendly fire, no UI, etc). Becomes depressing to play after a while.
    • ARMA 3 (hardcore Iraq War/Middle East simulator. Have to remember how many bullets you have, if you get shot once you're probably dead, etc. Also, the singleplayer campaign allows you to command soldiers like in Mount & Blade).