Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why we go to Shadowlands?

I still don`t understand, why we go there... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    So what you're saying is you didn't pay any attention whatsoever to the story at all?

3+ Year Old Account
    Because that's where the next quests and gear upgrades are. That's all you need to know. That's what this game is, loot to grab and health bars to chunk.

You can read current WoW books or watch Nobbel videos to get caught up on lore. WoW has always been a very campy/cheesy lighthearted game though, and lore, story, and writing have never been WoW's strength. WoW is no Dark Souls.

Faction leaders and Thrall are kidnapped by Sylvanas. Upon reaching Oribos after escaping the Maw we find out the cycle of life and death is broken and that the maw is stealing all the souls. The Maw is normally reserved for the vilest souls and so in our attempt to retrieve our faction friends we garner support by attempting to help with the ramifications to the Shadowlands of the Maw taking all of the souls.

Because Sylvanas went there and we go where she goes. She's the main character now, in case you haven't figured it out.

Fix what dead lady did. My guess for now with that hole in the sky and all that...

I honestly also don't know why we are going there.

Yeah, Sylvanas ran off cackling and opened a hole to hell. But why bother jumping in? Is Sylvanas' hole going to attack us?

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

Yeah, Sylvanas ran off cackling and opened a hole to hell. But why bother jumping in? Is Sylvanas' hole going to attack us?
    She took Baine, Thrall, Jaina and Anduin with her. Have you not seen the Shadowlands intro? There's plenty of footage of it. We go to Icecrown, open up a one-way portal to the Maw, encounter the Jailer and manage to escape to Oribos. Like, the answers to your and everyone else in this thread's questions exist.

Cause bad guys are there. And we gotta beat em up.

Even if she hasn't kidnapped the Horde and Alliance leaders, there's still a big hole in the sky in Icecrown that was broken and therefore needs fixing, and it's safe to assume that the hole would need fixing from the other side, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonerlord View Post
    She took Baine, Thrall, Jaina and Anduin with her.
    If we have to let all those characters Golden has run into the ground die for the greater good, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

That's basically the entire point of opening it in the first place. Admittedly, it's the Jailer's forces coming through the hole, not the hole itself, but still.

I mean the information is out there, but I can understand how someone might have not yet realized how exactly we get inspired to go there, after all the excuse for that isn't implemented yet. After the pre-event it is clear that the undead invasion was triggered by bitchvanas destroying the Helm of Damnation and furthermore we also get some breadcrums via an emergency call to arms because a bunch of political leaders have been abducted (which is the most contrived part about it tbh).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So many ignorant people in one thread and it doesn't even have a full page yet. LOL!

PS: There are multiple sources from which you can inform yourself regarding the OP's question. One of them being the beta, another being the PTR, another being MMO-Champ front page spoilers, another being Wowhead spoilers, another being BlizzCon WoW panel on YouTube and so on.

Sylvanas is there, our leaders have been taken to it, Lich King's helmet has been destroyed and Scourge running rampant, Shadowlands forces invading on top of the Scourge under the Jailer and Sylvanas's orders, Machinery of Death has been broken and innocent souls are all being fueled into Hell, and the balance of the universe as a whole is being shifted as a result. Need any more reasons than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Even if she hasn't kidnapped the Horde and Alliance leaders, there's still a big hole in the sky in Icecrown that was broken and therefore needs fixing, and it's safe to assume that the hole would need fixing from the other side, as well.
    Just like the sword that sticks out of Silithus and reaches up to the stratosphere, right?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Just like the sword that sticks out of Silithus and reaches up to the stratosphere, right?
    You mean the one that was disabled at the end of Legion and is currently plugging the wound, so removing it would probably make things worse?

to chase Mary silvanas I guess

Obviously the same reason, why we've gone to Draenor. To pursue Garrosh 2.0, to solve problem with "big threat for natives", that wasn't so big at the end, and to, as always, just plunder this lands to become more powerful. Yeah, it's just game. We do things just for the sake of doing things.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.