Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This is weird, but on PTR currently if you didnt choose expansion to level in you are locked in BFA LFG. How to bring back Classic LFG?
    That sounds intended. New players won't be picking an expansion and so they start in BFA and get the BFA LFG. You'll have to pick Classic from Chromie if you want the Classic LFG. If you don't pick any I imagine it'll default to BFA.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    That sounds intended. New players won't be picking an expansion and so they start in BFA and get the BFA LFG. You'll have to pick Classic from Chromie if you want the Classic LFG. If you don't pick any I imagine it'll default to BFA.
    Yeah, but i checked out and there is no Classic option for Chromie. Maybe it appears only after you level first character in BFA but thats extra-weird. Or, maybe, you have to level first character from 1 to 10 on new Island to be able to level in classic locations.

Yeah, but i checked out and there is no Classic option for Chromie. Maybe it appears only after you level first character in BFA but thats extra-weird. Or, maybe, you have to level first character from 1 to 10 on new Island to be able to level in classic locations.
    That's weird if there's no Classic WoW option.

It's a strange restriction anyway considering Chromie is there for veteran players, who have most likely experienced all the expansions and should be allowed to pick from any expansion LFG.

Currently it's bundled with Cata content. The LFG tool shows Classic dungeons after you choose Cata from Chromie

That's weird if there's no Classic WoW option.

It's a strange restriction anyway considering Chromie is there for veteran players, who have most likely experienced all the expansions and should be allowed to pick from any expansion LFG.
    Because there is no Classic in retail WoW. You might remember how an expansion called Cataclysm revamped all of the Classic zones. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are all Cataclysm storyline.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So looks like if they ever want to do revamp with 'pristine' EK/Kalimdor as default 10-50, Cataclysm content is already stitched together and separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So looks like if they ever want to do revamp with 'pristine' EK/Kalimdor as default 10-50, Cataclysm content is already stitched together and separated.
    I noticed this as well..did a bit of testing on the timeline questing system with a few friends and Cataclysm not only includes all the base zones + the cataclysm zones, but all "Classic" dungeons as well. The weirdest part is that some of the quests and phasing are broken in unpredictable ways (EG, ways that they should break from just a level squish and scaling, like mobs appearing where they don't exist at all on live, etc..) . Kind of makes it seem like maybe they are doing just that in the background, as a surprise feature or something to add in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because there is no Classic in retail WoW. You might remember how an expansion called Cataclysm revamped all of the Classic zones. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are all Cataclysm storyline.
    Ah yes we all want to remember the expansion that almost no one enjoyed. LMAO.

They're still considered Classic zones by most people so I don't think you need to swoop in and act all captain obvious. I don't know if you're deliberately being obtuse by saying this but I don't think I've met anyone in the history of my time playing who refers to the revamped Classic zones as 'cata zones'.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-08-21 at 12:42 PM.

They're still considered Classic zones by most people so I don't think you need to swoop in and act all captain obvious. I don't know if you're deliberately being obtuse by saying this but I don't think I've met anyone in the history of my time playing who refers to the revamped Classic zones as 'cata zones'.
    Chromie Time sorts content by storylines. Mostly this corresponds with expansions, but since Cataclysm revamped all classic zones to fit into Cataclysm timeline, they are part of Cataclysm storyline now.

Besides, all Cata zones require flying. Since you can't fly for dozen or so levels, they need to be grouped with Classic for that reason too.

Chromie Time sorts content by storylines. Mostly this corresponds with expansions, but since Cataclysm revamped all classic zones to fit into Cataclysm timeline, they are part of Cataclysm storyline now.
    I hope like other people have mentioned that this opens up the possibility for another EK/Kalimdor revamp in the future, since the Cata revamp is segmented into its own option through Chromie now. Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-08-21 at 12:48 PM.

the raid has wing skips in the form of blood mirrors you can travel through
    so thats pretty amazing i hope nathria will be alot more puggable than nyalotha

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Currently it's bundled with Cata content. The LFG tool shows Classic dungeons after you choose Cata from Chromie

oh thank you

You could always use that. Once you finish the quest with one druid, you can talk to NPC in Dreamgrove or Moonglade to use it on any druid with 280% flight speed.
    Except it's my one and only Druid and I've never finished the Legionfall campaign on him. Several of my other classes have their mount unlocked but he seemed to get his Owl form for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the raid has wing skips in the form of blood mirrors you can travel through
    so thats pretty amazing i hope nathria will be alot more puggable than nyalotha
    That depends on the bosses, and first one already has anti-pug mechanics. :v
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-21 at 04:26 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That depends on the bosses, and first one already has anti-pug mechanics. :v
    It’s gonna be the new stone guards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As a Greek person, running around Bastion and the massive number of poorly spelled greek names is jarring.
    Nymros would fit better :P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Did they make most gear transmoggable at low levels now? I can transmog a Ny'alotha weapon at level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Did they make most gear transmoggable at low levels now? I can transmog a Ny'alotha weapon at level 10.
    Would make sense. They did afterall loosen the transmog restrictions to allow players to transmog all the available gear from the expansion they are playing through, and seeing as BfA is available from level 10 onwards it would fall perfectly in line to allow you to transmog everything sans Shadowlands gear from level 10.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I dont see the point of this comment other to be insulting and rude. They were saying facts, that cata non endgame content got put in with cata contentm u dont have to agree with it and u dont have to call it anything..but the fact is the old zones were permanently modified in cataclysm so they are cata content. There are no classic zones. Thats why wow classic exists
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default