Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    And the stupidest thing about his popularity is that he isn't saying anything that generic Republicans/Conservatives haven't already been saying for a looooong time. He just says it faster and uses the word "facts" more. I like to call him Ben "Generic Talking Points, Only Faster" Shapiro."
    A better name would be Ben "Hey, I looked up the official rules of debating!" Shapiro. Cos that's what he does, he goes by debate technique alone. When that fails, he'll attack the person and devolve the discussion into idiocy, just like any forum discussion here. Except, there's no moderation on national TV, where he can just continue his garbage until airtime is over.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasan Piker had a fun take on it, but it’s long...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So... a lot of people who never liked him or taken him seriously are now continuing to not like him or take him seriously?
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is your branding of Joe Rogan as a grifter linked to the fact that he's had Shapiro on his podcast some times or....?

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    So... a lot of people who never liked him or taken him seriously are now continuing to not like him or take him seriously?
    Yep, and a lot of his fanboys will do anything to support the hypocritical racist piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is your branding of Joe Rogan as a grifter linked to the fact that he's had Shapiro on his podcast some times or....?
    He has a lot of grifters on his show. I was on a road trip with one of my cousins a couple years ago and he said he liked rogan, so we listened to a few podcasts. By the end of the trip we were making jokes about all his guests trying to sell something. In all of his shows that I've watched/heard, he was either never critical of his guests ideas or had such a dearth of knowledge that he was unable to provide an even somewhat workable critique. If he's not a grifter himself, he's providing them a safe space within which to grift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    People talking about current events has always boggled my mind. It's crazy!

Which aspect of Ben Shapiro should we take seriously? The misrepresentation of facts? The lying? The just plain being wrong about nearly every subject he speaks about? The pearl-clutching over dirty words? The inspiring of mass shooters? Well...ok...maybe that last one.