Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Perhaps the fact that Asmongold and his content are complete trash is why?
    Perhaps the fact that you know his content and watch enough of it to know its trash is why streamers like Asmongold should have beta (marketing) keys.

I think it's fun, some of the community games that people come up with are cool, yeah it's just people popping by to try to win a key and leaving, but it's engagement with the community and leads to some fun stuff. Sometimes though it does get a little mixed up though with the selection criteria for who wins as a lot of it does come down to an arbitrary decision on flimsy rules which has a negative impact on the community.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    legion had the most content of any expansion...bfa was also fairly high,im rly not seeing these imaginary budget cuts
    I agree Legion delivered a ton of new features/ content as did BFA, although the overwhelming majority of BFA's new features failed miserably. The budget cuts I am referring to pertain to Shadowlands. The # of new features in Shadowlands out of the gate compared with Legion and BFA is significantly less, even WOD delivered more new features out of the gate than Shadowlands will.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I agree Legion delivered a ton of new features/ content as did BFA, although the overwhelming majority of BFA's new features failed miserably. The budget cuts I am referring to pertain to Shadowlands. The # of new features in Shadowlands out of the gate compared with Legion and BFA is significantly less, even WOD delivered more new features out of the gate than Shadowlands will.
    personaly i look at SL and for the most part it looks good,no infinitly grindable ap,no extreme rng legenderies,no more titanforging,no more being forced to do m+ in order to raid,a bunch of cool cosmetic stuff,some of the classes i like the changes that i havent liked since cataclysm

the only thing i see as problematic is the covenant tuning,i rly hope i wont be forced in a covenant i dont like because not chosing it makes me 50% weaker

we dont need a lot of features,look at wotlk,the top peak of wow,and it was devoid of features and challenge

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    People...watch influencers? Like as a thing still?

I thought that was a fad that'd long since blow over, they're all insufferably annoying.
    i mean, we still read posts. and most posters are fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidance View Post
    How stupid on the part of Blizzard, since alpha, streaming and 'content creators' has priority, and now they give 'keys' to these content creators again?
    It was better to continue with the random form, than to see beta key sweepstakes on Twitch as if it were really content creation, not to mention that at worst they will find a sale to sell it in a legal way.

- - - Updated - - -

next in twitch, "BETA Keys give ways, follow and sub our channel to..."
    You a marketing major? Yeah, didn't think so. Don't tell a hugely successful company how to market their games.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Again same story, scrue the people who are paying for sub constantly for 15+ years and let's give it to neurotic idiots like the guy whose name I won't mention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You a marketing major? Yeah, didn't think so. Don't tell a hugely successful company how to market their games.
    People what play wow heard it from other people, I don't know a single person that went to twitch to YouTube and specifically looked to some streamer that plays wow. I bet I got more people to play wow in last 15 years just by recommending it then most Streamers.

Saw one of those beta acces stream givaways and it was straight up p2w, gift subs gain more points to get more chances (guy made 600 subs, maybe more). Needles to say most of his mods and friends won the keys. Atleast some random people won too.

Why not just sell the access directly..
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2020-08-20 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Saw one of those beta acces stream givaways and it was straight up p2w, gift subs gain more points to get more chances (guy made 600 subs, maybe more). Needles to say most of his mods and friends won the keys. Atleast some random people won too.
    better than giving it to random people,the people who watch those streams show an interest in it,blizz didnt started doing things like this willy nilly,they have stats on it,i never agreed with the random beta invites

better than giving it to random people,the people who watch those streams show an interest in it,blizz didnt started doing things like this willy nilly,they have stats on it,i never agreed with the random beta invites
    I'm not against streamers giving away keys but it shouldnt be p2w or favor his mods / long time viewers.

Sure you had a few low chance winners too but most of the wins were the mods / old time viewers or people who spend money on gifted subs. Gifting 20 subs (100€) gave you a chance to win of 40% on some rounds. The beta keys basically had a price tag.

That guy claims to work for blizzard too. Shady.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2020-08-20 at 07:32 PM.

personaly i look at SL and for the most part it looks good,no infinitly grindable ap,no extreme rng legenderies,no more titanforging,no more being forced to do m+ in order to raid,a bunch of cool cosmetic stuff,some of the classes i like the changes that i havent liked since cataclysm

the only thing i see as problematic is the covenant tuning,i rly hope i wont be forced in a covenant i dont like because not chosing it makes me 50% weaker

we dont need a lot of features,look at wotlk,the top peak of wow,and it was devoid of features and challenge
    Grindable AP - not sure this is true even though Blizzard insists it is true. Blizzard lies and I see a lot of different forms content requiring a weekly grind, we'll see.

No extreme RNG - 100% agreed

No more Titan forging (or dumb ass corruption gear) - 100% agreed

No more Forced M+ - I lean towards agreeing with you, but I'll believe it when I see it live.

Cool cosmetic stuff - yes, that is evident and there is plenty of it.

Good class changes - this largely depends on what you enjoy for end game, most classes have improved, a few haven't.

Covenants - they will be a major issue, but if the rest of the content fires on all cylinders Shadowlands will and should get a pass. Legion presented a ridiculous AP system - but it got a pass cause the rest of the content happened to be good. BFA offered a failed Az system and since the rest of the content failed to deliver, BFA saw a massive exodus (I'd imagine Classic contributed as well though).

I agree we don't need a lot of features, but the more features there are, the greater the chances of them succeeding. In other words, the more shots you take, the better your chances of hitting the target. Shadowlands is sparse on new and innovative features, more sparse than any given xpac with the exception of Cata. And let's be real here - two of the last 3 xpacs basically sucked, Blizzard's fired quite a few blanks of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    I said "tries". I'm not Blizzard's HoD for Marketing.

Just salty you didn't get a beta key?
    No, don't need to. I have one.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    People...watch influencers? Like as a thing still?

I thought that was a fad that'd long since blow over, they're all insufferably annoying.
    People.... listen to radio? Like as a thing still?

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I don't get that either tbh, I just load up my phone with music and it starts playing random songs as soon as my car turns on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, we still read posts. and most posters are fucking idiots.
    Too be fair, while often posters say utterly moronic things. At least you don't have to hear it in their voice or see their face. Asmongold having for instance the single most punch-able face on the internet.

Forum posters aren't as concerned with trying to gets likes and followers so you're less likely to see the over the top personalities desperately clinging to relevancy. Like at the end of the day, who cares if someone read your / my post?

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    https://newsgeneration.com/broadcast...s-and-figures/

90% of Americans aged 18-34 listen to radio monthly.
    Radio is surprisingly resilient. I wouldn't be surprised if radio will outlive television.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Perhaps the fact that you know his content and watch enough of it to know its trash is why streamers like Asmongold should have beta (marketing) keys.
    I think it's more obvious that Blizzard want nothing to do with him, and don't want him and his toxic fans anywhere near the beta, regardless of what state it's in. They've had plenty of opportunity, as he's associated with plenty of people who Blizzard does work with - the fact that he didn't even get beta knowing the people he does says all you need to know.

And it's most definitely not in the 'marketing" stage, it's barely working right now in parts. I'm in the beta, there are still game breaking bugs, lag, DCs, and unfinished content everywhere, if they "marketed" the current state of the game it would be the worst video game marketing ever.

Shadowlands Beta Access PLEASE

I'm tired of playing content creator games.