Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, you might notice I didn't throw one of my famous 24-hour challenges at Shalcker, like I do with every cowardly and hypocritical action Trump does and his supporters refuse to defend. Well, to be honest, I'm not actually trying to have Shalcker killed. There is a legit concern that if he said "Maybe Putin shouldn't have murdered all those people" that we'd never hear from him again. And I can't have that on my conscience.

You stay strong, man! It's okay, we know what you have to do with simply to not freeze to death starving on the way out the window.

On topic: concern is beginning to mount that Trump will basically do the same thing again. I mean, why wouldn't he? The Republican Party has now fully admitted, in public, under oath, Trump tried directly and indirectly to contact actual Russian agents, and some of his hand-picked team were caught and convicted in court for doing so and/or lying about doing so. And yet, he'll accept the nomination in a week. The Republican Party has three options:

1) Admit that any foreign interferance is wrong, including China backing Biden, and act with significant measures to block all of it.
    2) Stand by and do nothing, shamefully admitting in silence that they could not keep any power at all if they didn't have Russia's backing
    3) Go all-in on election fraud, following Trump's actions with more of their own

#3 is a tough one. The Senate can't do a ton about this solo, and no way will the House pass such a thing. By contrast, if they went with #1, they'd likely get a lot of Democrats saying "you know what, that's a great idea" and it'd pass something like 528-Rand Paul or something. Unfortunately the likelihood of this happening in time is pretty small, even if the GOP wanted to and even if they started now.

Which means, much like McConnell and the coronavirus relief bill, the Republicans are simply going to hang their heads in shame, and allow this to continue, while they're fully aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    *In horrible Russian accent: "Well obviously you drink the tea because it is a wonderful gift from almighty Papa Putin. If you chose not to drink it would be a terrible insult to oh so generous Papa Putin and, in no correlation, you might have horrible accident falling onto to 20+ bullets a common accident in Russia."
    Did you see the thing where pro-Putin shills are attributing it to heavy drinking? It reminded me of when Shalcker claimed the Skripals were clearly drug users who overdosed on a park bench.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By the way, you might notice I didn't throw one of my famous 24-hour challenges at Shalcker, like I do with every cowardly and hypocritical action Trump does and his supporters refuse to defend. Well, to be honest, I'm not actually trying to have Shalcker killed. There is a legit concern that if he said "Maybe Putin shouldn't have murdered all those people" that we'd never hear from him again. And I can't have that on my conscience.
    *In horrible Russian accent: "Killed, no one is killed in Russia. Under great leader Papa Putin there are no murders just unfortunate accidents. Horrible accidents like people falling down open elevator shafts, tripping onto multiple bullets, or accidentally ingesting KGB used toxins it is all so horribly tragic. Now that these accidents happen to people who speak out against Papa Putin or are political dissidents is inexplicable phenomenon."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    *In horrible Russian accent: "Killed, no one is killed in Russia. Under great leader Papa Putin there are no murders just unfortunate accidents. Horrible accidents like people falling down open elevator shafts, tripping onto multiple bullets, or accidentally ingesting KGB used toxins it is all so horribly tragic. Now that these accidents happen to people who speak out against Papa Putin or are political dissidents is inexplicable phenomenon."
    You too much words... noun... verb... no Russian accent...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Please cite that portion of the report which indicates that "Trump was either a Russian asset or lobbying to become one". It couldn't be more obvious that you have ZERO basis in fact to make such a wild accusation...yet the mods allow this kind of horseshit conspiracy theory crap to freely continue in this forum even though there is a very specific rule against posting horseshit conspiracy theories. I wonder why liberal conspiracy theories like this are somehow considered acceptable...oh snap....never mind. Long live the bubble!
    The real conspiracy theory is saying Trump knew nothing of literally every major player in his campaign, working with russia to get him elected.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The real conspiracy theory is saying Trump knew nothing of literally every major player in his campaign, working with russia to get him elected.
    All the while knowing that Trump spent years wooing Putin to get a Moscow Tower built. And more than likely laundering the oligarch's money through NY real estate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought conspiracy theories were taboo on this forum. Oh, I forgot...this particular conspiracy theory is the darling of deluded liberals...so it must be OK.
    Yeah these facts you call a conspiracy are why Trump got impeached, so yeah, despite your delusions Trumps collusion with Russia is a fact.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehwat funny reporting from Julia Ioffe.
    Russian journalists have discovered data from Michigan voter data rolls—including the personal info of 7.6 million Michigan voters—on a Russian hackers’ platform. It also includes voter info from other swing states, including Florida and NC.
    The hilarious—and extremely Russian—part of this is that these hackers were apparently using this data to get that reward money that the State Department was offering for information on election interference.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Please cite that portion of the report which indicates that "Trump was either a Russian asset or lobbying to become one". It couldn't be more obvious that you have ZERO basis in fact to make such a wild accusation...yet the mods allow this kind of horseshit conspiracy theory crap to freely continue in this forum even though there is a very specific rule against posting horseshit conspiracy theories. I wonder why liberal conspiracy theories like this are somehow considered acceptable...oh snap....never mind. Long live the bubble!
    Still here bitching about moderation. That's all you got anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Somehwat funny reporting from Julia Ioffe.
    Russian journalists have discovered data from Michigan voter data rolls—including the personal info of 7.6 million Michigan voters—on a Russian hackers’ platform. It also includes voter info from other swing states, including Florida and NC.
    The hilarious—and extremely Russian—part of this is that these hackers were apparently using this data to get that reward money that the State Department was offering for information on election interference.
    Real glad Ratcliffe ended those in-person election security briefings, now! No way Congress would need to be briefed on Russians having voter rolls for multiple swing states reaching millions, if not tens of millions of Americans.

Normally this would be pretty significant. Normally.

Did anyone else read the report? I did notice at no point in the whole report did collusion come up between Russia and the Trump campaign. I read a lot about what the Russians were doing to interfere. I read a lot of warning for all campaigns going forward about new things to watch out for. But in the whole report, I didn't see them point out collusion. Just found that interesting when looking at the name of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Did anyone else read the report? I did notice at no point in the whole report did collusion come up between Russia and the Trump campaign. I read a lot about what the Russians were doing to interfere. I read a lot of warning for all campaigns going forward about new things to watch out for. But in the whole report, I didn't see them point out collusion. Just found that interesting when looking at the name of the thread.
    Kinda hard to say it didn't happen, considering Manafort gave internal polling data, something so prized, gave it to Konstantin Kilimnik. How is that not collusion?

No one was ever looking for collusion. That was something Trump interjected because a talking head here or there thought the word "collusion" was interchangeable with "conspiracy" (the legal version of the word, like "criminal conspiracy" and not like "conspiracy theory"). Conspiracy was found in both the Mueller Report and in the Senate Investigation. It is something that can be found without being spelled out. The Russians helping spread misinformation to help Trump in return getting polling data, is conspiracy....the criminal kind, for example.

Why it wasn't explicitly said in the Mueller Report was because 1. Mueller wasn't allowed to. 2. The burden of proof is higher for the President. So, if trump didn't;t win the election and everything his campaign did was the same, he'd be behind bars right now from the findings of the Mueller Report for criminal conspiracy and numerous counts of obstruction of justice.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the reason Stone was in jail?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

You didn't read it or you're lying.

Manafort was coordinating efforts with the russians by giving them campaign data (pp70). Kilimnik, while in the US to meet manafort, was likely using foldering to keep someone updated (pp69). This suggests the russian spy was keeping his handler updated. Manafort essentially told russia to focus on minnesota, wisconsin, michigan, and pennsylvania (pp80). That means trump's campaign was colluding with russians. By page 80, the game is already up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You didn't read it or you're lying.

Manafort was coordinating efforts with the russians by giving them campaign data (pp70). Kilimnik, while in the US to meet manafort, was likely using foldering to keep someone updated (pp69). This suggests the russian spy was keeping his handler updated. Manafort essentially told russia to focus on minnesota, wisconsin, michigan, and pennsylvania (pp80). That means trump's campaign was colluding with russians. By page 80, the game is already up.
    Point-by-point
    • Data shared was just from March. No further polling data was exchanged as far as i remember.
    • Kilimnik had plenty of other people he could decide to "keep updated" then "russians", including their shared acquaintances from Ukraine.
    • We have never seen such focus actually enacted - it is pure conjecture that it was ever even shared with anyone and wasn't used purely by Manafort to prop-up his importance in eyes of Kilimnik.
    • And conclusion does not follow if you skip the step of actually showing Kilimnik having any "handler".

10+ Year Old Account
    The committee found that when a tape was about to surface showing Trump boasting about sexual assault, his advisers leaned on WikiLeaks to release emails stolen from Hillary Clinton's campaign by Russian intelligence to divert public attention.

WikiLeaks started doing so 30 minutes later.

They also found that Trump's campaign "sought to maximize the impact" of leaks of documents stolen from Democrats by Russian intelligence despite having a pretty clear idea that it was a foreign intel op. The campaign sought advance notice of the releases and "encouraged further leaks."

It found that one of President Trump's sons took a meeting in 2016 with two people with "significant connections to the Russian government, including the Russian intelligence services" to "receive derogatory information that would be of benefit to the Campaign."

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_volume5.pdf
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Point-by-point
    • Data shared was just from March. No further polling data was exchanged as far as i remember.
    • Kilimnik had plenty of other people he could decide to "keep updated" then "russians", including their shared acquaintances from Ukraine.
    • We have never seen such focus actually enacted - it is pure conjecture that it was ever even shared with anyone and wasn't used purely by Manafort to prop-up his importance in eyes of Kilimnik.
    • And conclusion does not follow if you skip the step of actually showing Kilimnik having any "handler".
    The fact that he shared any at all is collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The fact that he shared any at all is collusion.
    Sure - with Kilimnik. And I don't think anyone denies Kilimnik colluding with Manafort, both before and after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    So you agree, they colluded?
    It hinges on proof of Kilimnik being some kind of Russian agent and not simply citizen pursuing his own connections with Manafort in search for influence and profits.

Proof which does not seem to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Sure - with Kilimnik. And I don't think anyone denies Kilimnik colluding with Manafort, both before and after.

- - - Updated - - -

It hinges on proof of Kilimnik being some kind of Russian agent and not simply citizen pursuing his own connections with Manafort in search for influence and profits.

Proof which does not seem to exist.
    Kilimnik is best friends with Putin and a Russian Operative, this isn't up for debate.