Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gotham Knights announced by WB Montreal

trailer

gameplay

I was really worried this was going to be another live service milking a brand to farm minibuys like avengers when the leaks started to happen but it look like its a 1-2 player story based rpg instead, so far at least. Bruce Wayne is apparently dead and so Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing and Red Hood are trying to restore a gotham under seige not knowing that behind the usual suspects the Court of Owls are finally showing up as the big bad. Doubt Batmans actually dead but it looks interesting so far.

I have to admit I am kind of hyped about this one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the ark city and asylum so kinda happy.
    I never did play much of the one where he “died” at the end for afew reasons.(f that car)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I was really worried this was going to be another live service milking a brand to farm minibuys like avengers when the leaks started to happen but it look like its a 1-2 player story based rpg instead, so far at least. Bruce Wayne is apparently dead and so Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing and Red Hood are trying to restore a gotham under seige not knowing that behind the usual suspects the Court of Owls are finally showing up as the big bad. Doubt Batmans actually dead but it looks interesting so far.
    The only thing that has me worried is the fact that the enemies had levels and there were damage numbers when attacking... That gives me some big RPG-lite, Live Service" vibes. I guess we will see. Same goes for the other WB game, Suicide Squad. No gameplay was shown but it was also confirmed to be multiplayer co-op and they really avoided answering the "is it a Games As A Service game" question.

They at least both look better then the Avengers game however.

If it follows a similar formula to the other Batman games, I'm definitely in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good to me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only thing that has me worried is the fact that the enemies had levels and there were damage numbers when attacking... That gives me some big RPG-lite, Live Service" vibes. I guess we will see. Same goes for the other WB game, Suicide Squad. No gameplay was shown but it was also confirmed to be multiplayer co-op and they really avoided answering the "is it a Games As A Service game" question.

They at least both look better then the Avengers game however.
    Yeah the level and damage was a bit worrying but in the gameplay video the developer said missions are for 1-2 players and designed on 1 of the 4 characters which include at least one stealth and one shooting based character. No mention of 'loot' is a good sign but there is some 'drop' that robin picks up so it could go either way.

But that suicide squad one will totally be live service trash, its basically DC's budget value sub brand at this point.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    eh missing my favorite bat family characters with no Damian or Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    eh missing my favorite bat family characters with no Damian or Cassie.
    Isn't the Robin in the game, Damien?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Isn't the Robin in the game, Damien?
    Nan it's Tim drake the robin following Todd.

Nan it's Tim drake the robin following Todd.
    Ahh, never a big comic reader, more of the movie guy. So thought they might have caught up to the DCAU which has Damien as the current
    robin. Thanks for the correction.

Seems odd to include Mr. Freeze. I could've sworn Batman kinda reformed him in Arkham Knight.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, never a big comic reader, more of the movie guy. So thought they might have caught up to the DCAU which has Damien as the current
    robin. Thanks for the correction.
    Ya seems like a shame not to use him given how much exposure he's had recently and that drake is likely the robin with the least fans.

Ya seems like a shame not to use him given how much exposure he's had recently and that drake is likely the robin with the least fans.
    Presumably, because almost no one knows about him. He barely features in actual popular media. And, from what I've seen all comic book reading has gone down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Presumably, because almost no one knows about him. He barely features in actual popular media. And, from what I've seen all comic book reading has gone down.
    Ya him being used less can't help in the fan regard and when he is used he doesn't normally have much going for him.

^This. western comics in general have seen a massive slump in recent years but DC has reached such lows in sales that when they got bought recently by a new owner there was serious discussion online about them shutting down entirely and becoming a trade paperback book store brand instead. They did have a massive downsizing to "the justice league and batman, maybe a few others" however so right now expect "i clapped because i know what that is!" to be the go to in all brand exercises. If the mainstream consumer whos never picked up a DC comic doesn't know the character its probably not going to be in a game for a long time and thats even if DC can salvage their comics wing and not just go full into "heres a library we can use for games and movie fodder".

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Seems odd to include Mr. Freeze. I could've sworn Batman kinda reformed him in Arkham Knight.
    Just read it's not connected to the Arkham games.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ba...ham-sequel-dc/

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just read it's not connected to the Arkham games.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ba...ham-sequel-dc/
    Oh. That sucks. Seems a little odd to have the beginning of the game having Batman recite that he blew up the cave and is "dead" like in Arkham Knight and then not connect it.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The non-gameplay trailer looks like insanely cool. Love everything about it. The gameplay itself though... it looks like it had a level system and maybe even gear? If so... why? Just make a regular action adventure game. Overall it looked pretty solid, but the RPG elements have me worried.

Co-op and level scaling enemies tempered my enthusiasm for this game. Also, I don't like Red Robin's jacket.

Obviously, Bruce is alive.