Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yep, mentioned it earlier. It seems the only people in his own family who have nice things to say about him are the ones who are dependent on him for some reason...
    Or are so desperately trying to have daddy show them the same kind of love he shows for Ivanka. God damn are Don Jr and Eric just groveling pathetic little men.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about...sigh...Kanye West's election run.

It's fucked.

He missed the deadline for literally half the states, didn't get enough signatures in five, hasn't even filed yet in eleven (but the deadline hasn't passed) and only has gotten his name accepted on five states -- four of which are immobile.

I know Kanye wants Power, he wants to be Famous, he wants the Glory, and he wants the Good Life. But this is where it All Falls Down. If he had taken the time, be it Four, Five Seconds or 30 Hours, to fill out the forms, he wouldn't have to play the Blame Game, beg for Mercy, or run Late. Welcome to Heartbreake, Kanye, and you can think we're Heartless but We Don't Care.

I guess his chances are going to...Fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To a degree. I mean, once I’m vaccinated with an effective vaccine it doesn’t matter if they are. We’ll still need to protect those who can’t get vaccinated for medical reasons, but some of us will be able to live our lives normally again.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m interested in Tiffany’s speech. She seems to do just enough to keep daddy happy.
    Maybe? It also depends on how long the vaccine will be good for. It's unlikely to be a lifetime of coverage and since it shares so many properties with flu it could be that it's something we'd have to get annually. And if people are still refusing to get it that means annual vaccines for hundreds of millions of people for decades. I'm not confident in how it'll be implemented.

Also your last line made me physically ill, so thanks for that. Eugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...919_story.html

Probably late to this party, but what leftist activist judge was recorded attacking Trump!?

Oh shit...his sister...man, even his own family knows he's a piece of shit.
    aint she the one that was a judge till the investigation into the Trump crime syndicate family finances caused her to have to resign to stop the part that had moved to her?

Edit: well, stop the judicial ethics part of it
    the tax evasion part is still on everyone that got a cut of Fred Trump's wealth passed down.
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-08-23 at 05:04 AM.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

It's fucked.

He missed the deadline for literally half the states, didn't get enough signatures in five, hasn't even filed yet in eleven (but the deadline hasn't passed) and only has gotten his name accepted on five states -- four of which are immobile.

I know Kanye wants Power, he wants to be Famous, he wants the Glory, and he wants the Good Life. But this is where it All Falls Down. If he had taken the time, be it Four, Five Seconds or 30 Hours, to fill out the forms, he wouldn't have to play the Blame Game, beg for Mercy, or run Late. Welcome to Heartbreake, Kanye, and you can think we're Heartless but We Don't Care.

He coined Late Registration.

- - - Updated - - -

Before everyone goes "oooo Trump, even your sister doesn't like!" I don't even of them really like each other. Definitely not anyone in Donnies generation or prior.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

It's fucked.

Ari Melber would be impressed. Sad to see so many great tracks from ten years ago held up against the present mentally ill egoist trying to stay relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Ari Melber would be impressed. Sad to see so many great tracks from ten years ago held up against the present mentally ill egoist trying to stay relevant.
    People need to stop talking about Kanye's mental health like its a handicap. I don't know his diagnosis but its definitely somewhere between bipolar disorder and long term depression (which can be part of his bipolar disorder). He's been like for a long time, even before his mother died. Many people have it, it's manageable. He receives treatment and seems to respond well to it. What he does is exploit and use his condition for fame. He is very smart and very aware of how the public reacts to him. You start to lose patience and understanding when you do stuff like that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Michael Cohen's book is coming out soon - and excerpts are coming forward. Here is one recently released:

Should be an interesting read.
    The Tingle version is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump to announce "bigly yuge breakthrough" on COVID-19 therapy at 6:00

"Oh, so there's a vaccine?"

Um, from the sounds of things, no.

"A cure, then?"

Doesn't sound like it.

"Why is Trump so happy about a therapy technique, when he seems so down on the idea of masks and social distancing?"

Because he's desperate for literally anything and this gives him an excuse to say "go back to work, get sick, pay the drug companies and be sick slightly less time!"

"If it works, why not announce it now? Why didn't he tweet about it at 11:20PM instead of having McEnemy announce at 11:21PM an announcement that would happen yet later?"

Because Trump likes ratings. The head of the FDA will be there.

"Didn't he literally accuse the FDA of being run by the Deep State yesterday?"

Oh, he did, in public.

"Is Dr. Fauci involved?"

Fauci just has surgery on his throat. It could be announcement of a cure for cancer with a side effect of making your penis bigger, and he wouldn't be there.

"Is Dr. Birx involved?"

Doesn't seem like it.

"Will it be hydrochloroquine?"

There is no way the rest of the WH is stupid enough to try that again.

"Will it be huffing bleach?"

No.

"Will reporters get to ask questions like 'is this tested' and 'aren't you sick of crying wolf?' on camera?"

God, I hope so.

I wonder if it'll be that oleandrin stuff that his buddy, the snake oil salesman My Pillow guy, has been peddling recently. At this point I'm actually hoping it is, and I hope he encourages every single one of his supporters to take it. If it works (yeah I know it doesn't), great. If it's deadly, oh well, nothing of value will have been lost.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I wonder if it'll be that oleandrin stuff that his buddy, the snake oil salesman My Pillow guy, has been peddling recently.
    This would be shot down by basically everyone who isn't Trump in the White House. Funny thought, but Trump is already on strike two. This pretty much has to be an actual pharmaceutical with actual demonstrated potential at this point.

"Potential" is a tough word to use in this context. I actually did look around, I don't have any good guesses as to what this will be. I would expect more information from something that's actually proving well in testing than one-off stories and anecdotes.

WALLACE: You can end this controversy right now. Does the president disavow, does he condemn QAnon?

MEADOWS: Well, listen, we -- we don't even know what it is.
    https://twitter.com/anniekarni/statu...748037632?s=19

Trump and administration will not disavow QAnon.

Even Republican leadership, well some, state that Q does not have a place. Whatever the case I love again that Trump has eaten the GOP. They went with electing the biggest moron, a con man and corrupt mafioso. So I hope Q becomes the GOP.

The scary part is at least 40 percent will vote for this party in the near future. So I/we joke but these crazies may 1 day hold power.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    So after Trump threatened to send "sheriffs" to "guard the election from fraud"...actually, quick side note.

Trump is on record as saying, literally last week

We have to win the election. We can’t play games. Go out and vote. Do those beautiful absentee ballots, or just make sure your vote gets counted. Make sure because the only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged,
    Gonna repeat that last part

the only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged,
    Therefore, if Trump says he wants to prevent election fraud, and Trump says the only way he loses is because it's rigged, he's saying he's trying to block anything that will cause him to lose. Go ahead and try to talk around that one, but Trump's words and actions speak for themselves.

"But Breccia! What if he's telling the truth, that the only way he'll lose is because it's rigged?"

Point to any poll in which that's the case. Otherwise, fuck off. You might as well be asking "What if the election is hacked by Neo, Transformers, and Donatello?"

Back on topic:

Anyhow, DC lawmakers wanted answers, and turned to the head of DHS who said "I don't exist".

But the acting head of DHS said "No, I don't have that authority".

And just to be clear: DHS controls ICE.

Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said Sunday that DHS has no authority to send federal agents to oversee polling locations in November, despite President Trump's vow to have a federal law enforcement presence at the polls on Election Day.

"That’s not what we do at the Department of Homeland Security," Wolf said on CNN's "State of the Union" when asked about Trump's comments. "We have law enforcement authorities and law enforcement officers at the department. We have express authorities given to us by Congress and this is not one of them."

"This is not a mission for the Department of Homeland Security," Wolf added, noting that he has not had any discussions with Trump about sending federal agents to polling sites.

Asked about the prospect of Trump requesting DHS send armed agents to polling locations on Election Day, Wolf again stated, "We don’t have any authority to do that at the department."
    It should also be noted that there are federal laws againt intimidating voters, and there are some state laws (in some states) about law enforcement officers hanging around with guns and body armor watching people vote. And the top...sorry, acting top general of Trump's troops has now publicly said this is not allowed. Meaning, therefore, pretty much any state can tell federal troops to fuck off if they try, they'll have precedent, and the troops themselves will have a really good reason to disobey illegal orders.

I'm also morbidly curious what other countries would do, if Trump sends "sheriffs" to guard election sites and such an altercation breaks out. Wouldn't they just immediately declare Trump an illegal dictator and cut off all diplomatic relations and trade, basically throwing down sanctions until Trump leaves? The EU would have really good reason to do so, and China would jump in laughing hysterically. Russia might not, but this move would hand them a massive political victory, so they'd watch smugly from the sidelines. And what's Israel going to do? They don't exactly have a lot of political clout that's not a direct hand-me-down from US.

Any pre-planned move to do this -- which you'd assume is necessary to get federal troops to every polling station in a swing state (there's no point in sending them to Vermont, for example) -- will be known about ahead of time and immediately challenged...successfully. Any attempt to do so suddenly and quietly not only runs the same risks shown above except worse because it's done covertly, not only runs the risk of having Trump's election bid thrown out by SCOTUS for cheating, but also runs the risk of ICE troops being just flat-out shot and killed, justifiably, by state police or even 2A citizens.

"You're breaking the law, sir, and you have to leave now."
    "I'm not leaving and I have a gun."
    "Hey, man, we tried." *blam*

There are about 20,000 ICE agents. Even if Trump pulls every single one to this duty, Ohio alone has more than that. THere are about 175k gun owners in Ohio, and I doubt more than 90% are Trump supporters. Any attempt to do this illegally will have then outnumbered and surrounded.

It looks like this is just another big Trump bluster, another yuge bigly promise that withers and sags like his tiny dick.

This was a poorly-thought-out move, with no legal means to do it, and apparently, no illegal means to do it, either. There is no good side here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump and administration will not disavow QAnon.
    Bill Maher had some excellent thoughts to share about that. Make sure to watch the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    "MEADOWS: Well, listen, we -- we don't even know what it is."
    Meadows is either lying, or incompetent. There is no third option. QAnon has been discussed by the House, the Senate, and Trump himself...recently. It's not like Meadows is the AgSec or someone who can just keep his head down and count soybeans.

"But Breccia!"

Oh, god dammit, what now?

"What ever happened to soybeans? Wasn't there supposed to be some movement on Phase One by now?"

Oh...um, actually, this article came out last week. The TLR version is "they still suck".

The expected six-month review of the Sino-U.S. trade agreement failed to materialize on Saturday
    "What review?"

Um...it was supposed to happen Aug 15. And that article was published two days later. There is no currently scheduled replacement time announced that I saw.

but Trump expressed satisfaction with the increasing pace of farm export sales to China. During a news conference, Trump said, “China has been buying a lot of — a lot of things, and they’re doing it to keep me happy but they’re dreaming about Joe Biden.”

The sales, which began to accelerate in July, have stirred hopes in farm country. Most commodity prices slumped last spring when the coronavirus pandemic hit the global economy. The government is forecast to send a record $32 billion in subsidies to farmers and ranchers this year, to mitigate the impact of the trade war and the pandemic, but farm income still might slip.

From Trump on down, administration officials routinely list the “phase one” trade agreement that de-escalated the Sino-U.S. trade war among the president’s three top achievements in trade; the others are a U.S.-Japan agreement on agriculture and industrial goods, and the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement. “Phase one” seems to be a stabilizer in the up-and-down fluctuations of relations between the two nations.

The deal with China calls for Beijing to purchase $36.6 billion of U.S. food, agricultural, and seafood products this year. China purchased a quarter of that amount in the first six months of 2020.

Under the agreement, the two sides are to conduct a review every six months. The agreement took effect in mid-February so a bilateral meeting was expected over the weekend. Unnamed sources said there were scheduling conflicts and the desire to give China more time to buy U.S. goods, reported Reuters.
    "wait, they're stalling the report hoping that China quick catches up with their backlog?"

Apparently, yes.

"Aren't they running at 50% pace, have little to no motivation to honor a contract with Trump, we have US Intel saying China backs Biden, they're buying what they did last year, and have strong trade agreements with other places like Brazil?"

Yes to all.

"What makes anyone think they'll suddenly up and buy all the backlog and stay current, going from 50% speed to 200% speed, instantly?"

I don't know that "think" is the word here. "Hope" is closer.

As of Aug. 6, some 16.9 million tonnes of U.S. soybeans had been sold to China in the current marketing year, and 10.3 million tonnes were on the books for delivery in the new marketing year, according to USDA. At this point in 2017, before the trade war, 36.3 million tonnes of soybeans had been sold to China for delivery in the ongoing trade year.
    Soybean futures are down across the board.

Trump's claim that China is living up to Phase One earned three Pinnochios.

As this Forbes article cites, Trump is the one claiming he put off the six-month review “I don’t want to talk to China right now...We’ll see what happens." You missed the story for the same reason I did, it was done quietly. Trump didn't want the public to be made further aware of his ongoing failure. The article also cautions of what happens if Trump were to, say, throw a Trumper Tantrum and start increasing the largest tax ever put on US citizens again, mostly talking about retail, but it also says

According to the American Farm Bureau Federation (AMBF), in the 12 months from June 2019 to June 2020, Chapter 12 farm bankruptcies have increased 8% with 580 filings. The Midwest, Northwest, and Southeast were hit the hardest. Farmers are not happy.
    It also points out that farm exports to China have dropped every year Trump was in charge. Exports are also proportionately down the first six months of 2020, and yes, that's when Phase One was in full effect, and yes, that does include orders for delivery at harvest time.

It also says

The reason the farmers are upset is that only $8.7 billion of the $36.6 billion they were promised has been purchased. On top of that, the administration took $28 billion of the tariff money they collected from US importers and gave it to the farmers to make everything look better. In another world, we would call that a bad trade. Think about this in abstract terms: our government raised the price of imports for all American consumers, and then gave the money to the farmers because China didn’t buy their farm products. That’s not an economic policy that would win an award!
    There are no current realistic projections that have US farmers doing better in 2020 than 2016, either China-specific or any other metric.

Trump has failed US farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, who wants to see a video of Trump's campaign advisor saying Trump has a very good track record of hiring excellent people?

"Har har. What did he really say?"

That's an exact quote. @Edge- you're on!

- - - Updated - - -

The National Association of Letter Carriers says the USPS carries 6 million prescription parcels every day.

Just, you know, throwing that out there.

@Breccia. With your post above about agriculture taking a hit, we once again ask "how many agriculture people will not vote for Trump". I think we all know most will, but maybe I will be surprised. Surprised in that I'm sure he will states such as North and South Dakota, Nebraska, etc. Maybe less that we thought?

My comment with the election coming is amazing how this should not be a 70-30 Trump drubbing. Only 12 years ago Obama received 365 electoral votes. Yes, Obama was this new exciting candidate but we can argue him being that new exciting candidate that many factors needed his help. One being the 2008 crash along with Bush's other eff ups. So this should mirror 2020? It won't, the simple answer can be Biden. Probably more of a discussion for the 2020 Election thread or on its own.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

A recent CBS poll shows that 57% of Republicans see the 176k+ deaths from COVID-19 as "acceptable", which says all that needs to be said about people who call themselves Republicans now.

As has been repeated numerous times in this thread: It's. A. Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Bill Maher had some excellent thoughts to share about that. Make sure to watch the whole thing.
    Pft He's not Q

This is Q

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    A recent CBS poll shows that 57% of Republicans see the 176k+ deaths from COVID-19 as "acceptable", which says all that needs to be said about people who call themselves Republicans now.

The horror that is the GOP continues to be revealed.

Yeah, they were conditioned at start which once more is crazy when they had people on tv saying that sacrificing dear old grandma and grandpa for the god, emperor, Trump.

Sorta oh btw if you have been on social media timeline, Trump's sister is caught saying on tape that Donald is pretty much a piece of crap. Well, one story is he is talking to someone about reading books and Donald says "don't you watch Fox News". So my deep dive is Trump in his later years was more and more radicalized by Fox News. I still believe he is a conman and saw Fox viewers as easy marks, but maybe he was a mark himself listening to Fox News 12hrs.day.