Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Colin Farrell as Penguin? If so, that's a metric ton of makeup, but it looks good.
    Yeah, he’s pretty unrecognizable. My only issue with it is that the more I look at this screenshot the more it definitely looks like a different shade of makeup under normal skin tone for his beard line.
    It looks like it’s supposed to be scar tissue or pock marks, but the difference in color is jarring without knowing since it doesn’t seem blended well. If it’s scar tissue that’s understandable, but other than the bit under his nose it just looks like pock marked skin and bad blending

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh please. The way he wails on that dude before he says "I'm vengeance" is the most 'opposite of sissy' Batman has ever been in one of these films.
    Looks awesome, but Batman is usually someone that knocks out people with a few hits. Watching it and the way Pattinson comes off at times I definitely thought “yeah, that’s about how many times I’d think he’d have to hit someone to knock them out.”
    Don’t mistake me for being “I can totally kick someone’s ass.” That’s not what I’m saying. I’m smaller than Pattinson musculature-wise and would probably take more than that for me to knock a person out. However, this is Batman we’re discussing, and unless he’s going up against someone the likes of Bane or Joker, a complete badass or maniac for example, he usually knocks people out much faster. Maybe the scene conveys a darker Batman, I don’t know. As it was, it’s an awesome scene but I was just taken out of it a bit for that reason.
    Still, I do have high hopes for the movie. Looks better than I thought when he was announced.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    this looks like it will be pretty good! just found out another little tidbit the actor playing Gotham's DA (Peter Sarsgaard) is married to Maggie Gyllenhaal, another former Gotham City lawyer

I'd lost interest in this movie after Pattinson gave that interview a few months back where he disdained working out for the role.

Trailer has certainly renewed my interest, I think he looks decent in the suit, not sold on his Bruce Wayne though, as some others have said, he does kind of remind of Emo Peter Parker, and he definitely looks a bit on the thin side. I might actually see this in theaters now.

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks a little umm...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

Figure I'd bump since the trailer dropped.
    *vomits*
    Worst casting imaginable

7+ Year Old Account
    ok, first impressions, i think he need a haircut, too much hair for a batman imo.

Second, his face still look too much young to me.

other than that, if he buffes more, i think he will do a goo job, he have the size, but i still prefer Afleck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The voice and face are still sissy

- - - Updated - - -

Also it looks like "Robert Pattinson to take over for Ben Affleck as Batman" title is incorrect because the movie seems to be standalone just like the Joker and not a part of DC cinematic universe. And Ben Affleck is confirmed for the Flash feature film
    Except it isn't incorrect, this movie was originally going to star Ben Affleck (and likely be directed by him). But he opted out, and Matt Reeves took over and Affleck was replaced by Pattinson.

So yeah, it fits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    *vomits*
    Worst casting imaginable
    People said the same thing about Heath Ledger as the Joker and yeah, we all know how that turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'd lost interest in this movie after Pattinson gave that interview a few months back where he disdained working out for the role.

Trailer has certainly renewed my interest, I think he looks decent in the suit, not sold on his Bruce Wayne though, as some others have said, he does kind of remind of Emo Peter Parker, and he definitely looks a bit on the thin side. I might actually see this in theaters now.
    Its more realistic that Bruce Wayne is a normal-built guy that fights with skill and intelligence, IMO, than it is for him to be built like a 300 lb. linebacker that also has to masquerade as a billionaire playboy.

I mean, some of the most brutal and skilled fighters in companies like UFC are lightweight/featherweights. Batman doesn't need the Rock's body to fight crime.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yeah, he’s pretty unrecognizable. My only issue with it is that the more I look at this screenshot the more it definitely looks like a different shade of makeup under normal skin tone for his beard line.
    It looks like it’s supposed to be scar tissue or pock marks, but the difference in color is jarring without knowing since it doesn’t seem blended well. If it’s scar tissue that’s understandable, but other than the bit under his nose it just looks like pock marked skin and bad blending

- - - Updated - - -

Looks awesome, but Batman is usually someone that knocks out people with a few hits. Watching it and the way Pattinson comes off at times I definitely thought “yeah, that’s about how many times I’d think he’d have to hit someone to knock them out.”
    Don’t mistake me for being “I can totally kick someone’s ass.” That’s not what I’m saying. I’m smaller than Pattinson musculature-wise and would probably take more than that for me to knock a person out. However, this is Batman we’re discussing, and unless he’s going up against someone the likes of Bane or Joker, a complete badass or maniac for example, he usually knocks people out much faster. Maybe the scene conveys a darker Batman, I don’t know. As it was, it’s an awesome scene but I was just taken out of it a bit for that reason.
    Still, I do have high hopes for the movie. Looks better than I thought when he was announced.
    Knocking someone out is more about where and how you hit them and not how hard or how fast you hit them. "Precision over power, timing over speed." -Connor McGregor. This to me comes off as far more authentic and believable. He's vengeance, he's not trying to knock him out, he's trying to make him suffer. He wants him to feel his face breaking while remaining conscious.

Also this trend of dudes in movies having to be roided out Schwarzeneggers to be effective has gotten a little ridiculous. There is correlation between muscle size and strength but its definitely not all about size. I found everything about this trailer a refreshing and more believable change from the more recent batman movies with the crazy over the top tech. I just personally like batman darker and realistic and less scifi, looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its more realistic that Bruce Wayne is a normal-built guy that fights with skill and intelligence, IMO, than it is for him to be built like a 300 lb. linebacker that also has to masquerade as a billionaire playboy.

I mean, some of the most brutal and skilled fighters in companies like UFC are lightweight/featherweights. Batman doesn't need the Rock's body to fight crime.
    Batman isn't meant to be 100% realistic. He is supposed to be a human in the absolute peak physical condition. Bale was able to get into respectable shape, while still maintaining the air of a billionaire playboy, who would likely be IN good shape.

Now we've seen very little honestly from the trailer, but the shots we have seen of him as Bruce doesn't look like he'd be able to scramble across rooftops, not to mention Pattison saying in interviews that he wasn't really interested in working out for the role. I'm not personally expecting a Hugh Jackman bulk or the Rock for that matter, but a Christian Bale or even Tobey Maguire Spiderman 1 is a fair expectation given the nature of the role. If they paid me $4 to $5 million for the role, I'd certainly spend some time in the gym.

All that being said, I'm willing to give him a chance, because I was against Ledger, Evans and Affleck, but they all won me over.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I am Vengeance!"

I expected to hear later:

"I am the Night!
    I am Batman!"

And now I expect some people screaming all their guts out because James Gordon is black...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Big red flag for this movie is the number of main players they are introducing in an origin film. Batman. Catwoman. Penguin. Riddler. Add in the rest of the normal Batman entourage (Alfred, policemen, etc), and it's hard to stuff that many characters into 2 or even 3 hours.
    It will not be a problem if they don't kill them all. It may be a great way to introduce the characters for further movies.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Batman isn't meant to be 100% realistic. He is supposed to be a human in the absolute peak physical condition. Bale was able to get into respectable shape, while still maintaining the air of a billionaire playboy, who would likely be IN good shape.

Now we've seen very little honestly from the trailer, but the shots we have seen of him as Bruce doesn't look like he'd be able to scramble across rooftops, not to mention Pattison saying in interviews that he wasn't really interested in working out for the role. I'm not personally expecting a Hugh Jackman bulk or the Rock for that matter, but a Christian Bale or even Tobey Maguire Spiderman 1 is a fair expectation given the nature of the role. If they paid me $4 to $5 million for the role, I'd certainly spend some time in the gym.

All that being said, I'm willing to give him a chance, because I was against Ledger, Evans and Affleck, but they all won me over.
    Fun fact: Christian Bale overdid the muscle gain and Christopher Nolan actually made him lose some of the weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    "I am Vengeance!"

"I am the Night!
    I am Batman!"

And now I expect some people screaming all their guts out because James Gordon is black...

- - - Updated - - -

It will not be a problem if they don't kill them all. It may be a great way to introduce the characters for further movies.
    Matt Reeves said this movie is the beginnings of where they end up, so I don't imagine any of the villains will die.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    Knocking someone out is more about where and how you hit them and not how hard or how fast you hit them. "Precision over power, timing over speed." -Connor McGregor. This to me comes off as far more authentic and believable. He's vengeance, he's not trying to knock him out, he's trying to make him suffer. He wants him to feel his face breaking while remaining conscious.

Also this trend of dudes in movies having to be roided out Schwarzeneggers to be effective has gotten a little ridiculous. There is correlation between muscle size and strength but its definitely not all about size. I found everything about this trailer a refreshing and more believable change from the more recent batman movies with the crazy over the top tech. I just personally like batman darker and realistic and less scifi, looking forward to this.
    Except Batman is a superhero. He’s not grounded in reality. Batman has always been a martial arts trained, physically intimidating person. Even in a suit he appears bulky yet svelte.
    I also understand knocking someone out is also about precision and timing, but size and power also are part of the game. A person can be knocked out with power as well, and a mix of those things are better than just timing and precision. Just an example, if a small person hits an average person flat in the face it probably won’t knock you out. If a big person punched an average person flat in the face there’s a higher chance the person is going lights out.
    As to the roided out hero, that’s what a superhero with power is. They are supposed to be physically intimidating, and there are practical applications as well. As to the tech aspect, well, Batman has always had gadgets. It’s a part where f his persona. Now, I agree some of it is over the top, such as the tank based car, but it’s all still part of his character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    "I am Vengeance!"

"I am the Night!
    I am Batman!"

- - - Updated - - -

I can see people getting upset. I don’t like it when movies and shows don’t stay accurate to things as I’d rather new and interesting characters be introduced instead. After all, Harley was made for the TV cartoon and was an amazing addition. Can’t we just get new characters instead of changing the race of others?

5+ Year Old Account
    Big red flag for this movie is the number of main players they are introducing in an origin film. Batman. Catwoman. Penguin. Riddler. Add in the rest of the normal Batman entourage (Alfred, policemen, etc), and it's hard to stuff that many characters into 2 or even 3 hours.
    To be fair Batman Begins had Ras Al Ghul, Victor Zsasz, Scarecrow, Joe Chill and Falcone in the same movie.

This looks good, actually looking forward to it and generally comic book movies do nothing for me anymore. DC really needs to stick with their movies with comic book characters style. When they tell a good story, give us quality cinematography, that just happens to have comic book characters, they are at their best. They don't do well when they make "super hero movies".

This looks like a film noire style movie, riddler comes off more as Jigsaw than a comic book character.

I consider Affleck one of the worst actors on the planet, just awful performances.

Anyone would be an upgrade... heck even Oprah would be a better batman than Affleck.

True, but it was mostly Batman and Ras, which worked well because Ras was part of Batman’s origin story. Scarecrow and Falcone had minor parts and I don’t even know who the other two are.

I question making the Riddler, Catwoman, and Penguin minor characters, which is what’s necessary to make this movie about Batman given it’s an origin film. It’s too much.
    Penguin is already said to be a minor character. So it'll probably be a Riddler movie, with Catwoman as a side antihero like in Dark Knight Rises, and Penguin and Falcone as background characters to show the more "normal" side of crime in Gotham.

Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon is a big win. Dunno how I feel about the rest but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Penguin is already said to be a minor character. So it'll probably be a Riddler movie, with Catwoman as a side antihero like in Dark Knight Rises, and Penguin and Falcone as background characters to show the more "normal" side of crime in Gotham.
    I agree with that. The trailer is all about the Riddler, with some fast scenes with the other villains. The next movie will probably put more emphasis on the Penguin. ANd they already said the third one will be about the Joker. Which we already see some hints of in the trailer.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I didn't get the impression he was hitting him that many times because he needed to to knock him out. I got the impression he was hitting him that many times because he wanted to. As seen by the fact that when the guy is already on the ground, he just continues to pummel him in the face. I think it's a choice, because he's pissed off.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see people getting upset. I don’t like it when movies and shows don’t stay accurate to things as I’d rather new and interesting characters be introduced instead. After all, Harley was made for the TV cartoon and was an amazing addition. Can’t we just get new characters instead of changing the race of others?
    Jeffree Wright is a goddamn amazing actor though. I have no problems with it. And Jim Gordon is too important in the Batman universe to be written as a new character. Hell, his daughter becomes one of Batman's closest confidantes/sidekicks.

I can't imagine if Kurt Cobain was alive he'd be even remotely okay with his song being remixed and used on a Hollywood superhero movie.

Other than that, it looks better than I thought it would.