Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I tried to stick with games I've actually played extensively. I went maybe a half hour into Spiderman and got bored. But if we're just listing extremely high-quality games, then Spiderman and God of War also set the bar VERY high.

As for the comparisons that @everydaygamer made.... Destiny 1 and Division 1 were also both full priced games(IIRC....if I'm wrong please correct me) with multiplayer emphasis and pretty strong RPG elements. I'm not really sure if Avengers holds up to that. I mean, there's gear, but are there builds, or is it just linear?

I think what Avengers needs is more content, more heroes, less exclusivity. And most of all, more time to get depth across the board. Maybe that'll show up over the next 6 months, or maybe Avengers will flop like Anthem. We'll see.
    Game isn't even out yet and people are demanding more content. The beta is not the full game there will obviously be more things to do in the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/InternetSlug/sta...42348540375044

Last time i saw actual fake QTE's was silent hill homecoming, yeesh.
    How dare they ask you to press a button at the point where they are introducing you to combat for the first time. People are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't see the big deal with it, it's obviously not meant to be actual gameplay, just "involving" the player in the big drop the hammer moment.
    Because it is literally another "Press F to pay respects" moment, which turned into an entire meme exemplifying pointless/ridiculous QTEs that just don't belong in a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I tried to stick with games I've actually played extensively. I went maybe a half hour into Spiderman and got bored. But if we're just listing extremely high-quality games, then Spiderman and God of War also set the bar VERY high.

As for the comparisons that @everydaygamer made.... Destiny 1 and Division 1 were also both full priced games(IIRC....if I'm wrong please correct me) with multiplayer emphasis and pretty strong RPG elements. I'm not really sure if Avengers holds up to that. I mean, there's gear, but are there builds, or is it just linear?

I think what Avengers needs is more content, more heroes, less exclusivity. And most of all, more time to get depth across the board. Maybe that'll show up over the next 6 months, or maybe Avengers will flop like Anthem. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a big "yikes" moment.....
    I'm curious about this part.

How do we know how much content there is when all we have seen is this limited beta?

The game ships with 7 heroes playable and another coming pretty soon after release. Then we have rumors of many more after that. The devs have already said there are a lot in the works.

I'm curious if many folks have watched the War Tables they've put out. That is what turned me from men to must buy.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    How dare they ask you to press a button at the point where they are introducing you to combat for the first time. People are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about.
    I don't think you have any idea how deep that barrel is . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Because it is literally another "Press F to pay respects" moment, which turned into an entire meme exemplifying pointless/ridiculous QTEs that just don't belong in a game.
    People made fun of that because of how silly it was. This is literally what many actions games do at the start, they have a button press to signify the transition between cutscene and your first experience of actual combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nothing like that, though.

The "Press F to pay respects" became such a meme because of how absurd it was in the context of a funeral and a solemn moment. Not because it involved the player pressing a button.
    It is just like that, it is a needless action that pulls you out of a cinematic moment because the game wants you to press a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Except not, because pressing that button and dropping the hammer starts the combat sequence.

You're not being "pulled out of a cinematic moment" because the cinematic moment is over.
    Agreed. Some of the criticisms here and elsewhere are silly. If anything this particular cue can be viewed as a prompt to the player that the cinematic is over... are you ready to kick ass as the God of hammers? Another ridiculous complaint is that isn't Chris Hemsworth so this must be a "Chinese knock-off". my personal favorite is the gripe that hulk doesn't one shot everything.

The game isn't perfect by any means (and issues like match-making, loot, etc., should be discussed) but some of the takes are reeeeaaaal reaches to drive negative sentiment for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Brautigan79; 2020-08-23 at 08:15 PM.

Game isn't even out yet and people are demanding more content. The beta is not the full game there will obviously be more things to do in the full game.
    That's because what has been shown already doesn't measure up. "Wait til next patch, it'll fix everything!" is an old meme by now that's almost never true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I'm curious about this part.

How do we know how much content there is when all we have seen is this limited beta?

The game ships with 7 heroes playable and another coming pretty soon after release. Then we have rumors of many more after that. The devs have already said there are a lot in the works.

I'm curious if many folks have watched the War Tables they've put out. That is what turned me from men to must buy.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm full up sick of roadmaps and the entire "we'll fix it after launch" design philosophy. Ship a complete game, especially if you're asking for $60 and already cutting out heroes like Spiderman.

All I'm saying is that there are already a lot of red flags for this game, and it's not even out yet. I'll grant that it's POSSIBLE they could be holding everything back for launch, but I have serious doubt about that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the big deal with it, it's obviously not meant to be actual gameplay, just "involving" the player in the big drop the hammer moment.
    Then why the fuck have the QTE at all instead of doing a regular cutscene where the player can focus on the action and not a pointless button prompt?

That's because what has been shown already doesn't measure up. "Wait til next patch, it'll fix everything!" is an old meme by now that's almost never true.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm full up sick of roadmaps and the entire "we'll fix it after launch" design philosophy. Ship a complete game, especially if you're asking for $60 and already cutting out heroes like Spiderman.

All I'm saying is that there are already a lot of red flags for this game, and it's not even out yet. I'll grant that it's POSSIBLE they could be holding everything back for launch, but I have serious doubt about that.
    If you don't like what's already been shown then yeah nothing will fix that for you, but plenty of people do like what they've seen and are excited for more. This isn't a matter of the game needing to be fixed it's about people wanting a different game then what we got.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember these comments back in the days of the Destiny(1) beta.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Then why the fuck have the QTE at all instead of doing a regular cutscene where the player can focus on the action and not a pointless button prompt?
    Because it literally happens at the end of the cutscene. You hit the button at which point the gameplay starts, it's a classic transition that many games have used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I remember these comments back in the days of the Destiny(1) beta.
    And there was more content after launch, whether or not the content was good is debatable but honestly, the gameplay was fun enough to make up for a lot of the shortcomings it had at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it literally happens at the end of the cutscene. You hit the button at which point the gameplay starts, it's a classic transition that many games have used.
    I don't think I have ever seen another game come to a complete stop, music and all, in the middle of the action to wait for the player to press a button like that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    They are there to make it easier for the games journalists who suck ass at video games

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen another game come to a complete stop, music and all, in the middle of the action to wait for the player to press a button like that.
    Well, I never tried. This just seems like a pathetic attempt to find something to make fun of. I mean the game has legitimate flaws why are people focusing on something as meaningless as a button press that is used to transition you from cutscene to gameplay like so many games before it has used.

If you don't like what's already been shown then yeah nothing will fix that for you
    That's not necessarily true. As I said, it's possible that there's 3x the depth and quality being held back for the live launch of the game, and not on display in the demo.

, but plenty of people do like what they've seen and are excited for more.
    And if that "more" never arrives? Or has an additional cost associated with it?

This isn't a matter of the game needing to be fixed it's about people wanting a different game then what we got.
    That's a fair statement. Although please understand that from my perspective, it's like saying: "The McDonald's cheeseburger doesn't need to be fixed, it's about people wanting a steakhouse tenderloin with sides when they cost the same."

Yeah yeah...it's a food analogy. Maybe I'm just hungry and cranky. ;D

But I should clarify my entire stance. It's not necessarily that I think Avengers is a bad game. It's just that it's a bad game for the price they're asking.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-08-24 at 01:01 AM.

And if that "more" never arrives? Or has an additional cost associated with it?
    I mean what are looking for here? It's a guarantee that the beta does not contain all the content that will be in the main game and any post-release dlc has already been stated to be free. Only cosmetics will cost actual money.

I mean what are looking for here? It's a guarantee that the beta does not contain all the content that will be in the main game and any post-release dlc has already been stated to be free. Only cosmetics will cost actual money.
    I can guarantee you that a lot of these people play games that have the same things attached to their games as this one does and have no problem with it, but feel like whining about it because I guess they need to about a Marvel + Avengers game.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I can guarantee you that a lot of these people play games that have the same things attached to their games as this one does and have no problem with it, but feel like whining about it because I guess they need to about a Marvel + Avengers game.
    I'm simply expressing healthy skepticism for a title that has already thrown up a bunch of red flags. Because what's the alternative? Unmitigated fanboy praise for a "beta" that's really just a thinly veiled demo for what appears to be an unfinished game that's already cutting off pieces of it in order to push console exclusivity? Yeah, that's not exactly good behavior.

Look, be excited for an Avengers game. Whatever floats your boat. I hope it ends up better than what we've seen so far. Just be aware that it might not be.