Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation or comment on things you are ignorant of. The cloak proc does still work in SL.
    Did you read his other post or? Where he linked:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317549/...in-shadowlands

Please don't spread misinformation or comment on things you are ignorant of. The cloak proc does still work in SL.
    Except it does not boomer... get your information right before spreading lies

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=317549/...in-shadowlands

That was exactly what I wanted to read. Thanks!
    the proc was powerful enough to keep it competitive well into endgame level 60 content. With this change, a high rank cloak should still be useful while leveling and possibly into early level 60 dungeons, but will be replaceable by new gear rather than retained simply for the proc effects.
    I just want to replace all BfA gear as fast as possible. Even tho I know we will eventually be managing legendaries combinations and all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    hahahahaha you're calling ME ignorant? seems that you're the ignorant one, the cloak proc DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK IN SHADOWLANDS as I linked in another post. maybe, just maybe, you should check you're actually right before calling me out

10+ Year Old Account
    The cloak proc does not work in Beta as last build, I can personally attest to that. It worked last week, not anymore.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    That was exactly what I wanted to read. Thanks!

I just want to replace all BfA gear as fast as possible. Even tho I know we will eventually be managing legendaries combinations and all.
    yeah fair enough. most gear should be replaced fairly quickly. as for the legendaries yeah it makes sense - the proc from the Legion ones left at 115 but they were still viable stat sticks until max level so that is what is happening again as we transition into SL.

edit: don't actually get rid of any good azerite pieces; they will come in handy during Timewalking
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-08-23 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now Heart of Azeroth is overbugeted and likely will be nerfed too like cloak.

It's about ilvl 150 give or take, while Normal Dungeons drop ilvl 157 gear at level 60. It just has some crazy stats that right now make it good 80 ilvls more or some such in reality, but Blizz will adjust it as usual.

Azerite armor is also a bit weird, it has no secondaries of course, but more base stat and MUCH more stamina. I guess that will be fixed too.

Rest of the gear is irrelevant the moment you ding 60. You start replacing Mythic raiding gear at like level 57 or so and you can get better stuff from occasional rates and such even at level 53.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-08-23 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    I’m curious to see what kind of giga nerf will hit Nya’lotha when corruptions go. Because if not, most guilds won’t be able to reclear.
    There won't be a nerf. Prepatch is going to last 2-3 weeks and then an expansion will hit. Achievements for clearing will be removed in the prepatch (as Blizzard has notified us) and so the only reason for any kind of reclearing would be for gear. Gear that got item squished and with the exception of trinkets likely all replaced in the leveling curve of Shadowlands. So why go through the effort to nerf and retune the raid when it'll effectively be useless?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhirlwindTV View Post
    There won't be a nerf. Prepatch is going to last 2-3 weeks and then an expansion will hit. Achievements for clearing will be removed in the prepatch (as Blizzard has notified us) and so the only reason for any kind of reclearing would be for gear. Gear that got item squished and with the exception of trinkets likely all replaced in the leveling curve of Shadowlands. So why go through the effort to nerf and retune the raid when it'll effectively be useless?
    actually that's not entirely true. there are lots of reasons to still run Nya'lotha in the prepatch. first off, testing out all the classes with the new abilities, talents etc. secondly, the mount still drops from Heroic N'Zoth (the uncorrupted voidwing) up until Shadowlands launch. thirdly, the raid might get a small nerf with the squish to accommodate for the lack of corruptions which were probably factored in to the fights

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah fair enough. most gear should be replaced fairly quickly. as for the legendaries yeah it makes sense - the proc from the Legion ones left at 115 but they were still viable stat sticks until max level so that is what is happening again as we transition into SL.

edit: don't actually get rid of any good azerite pieces; they will come in handy during Timewalking
    Yeah, I am gonna keep cloak, chest, HoA, shoulders and helmet in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by WhirlwindTV View Post
    Prepatch is not gonna last 2-3 weeks lmao more like 2-3 months. No patch has gone months between PTR and release to live.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Corruption is gone in pre-patch and essences are gone when ShaLa is released....

Or vice versa (can't remember 100%).
    essences never go asway, they just dont work unless you are on azeroth. so if you do old content or whatever they work.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Prepatch is not gonna last 2-3 weeks lmao more like 2-3 months. No patch has gone months between PTR and release to live.
    Prepatch will take a month at the very most

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Not sure we'll really see the nerf since it'll probably just be a back end numbers squish when they squash the levels. It may get some retuning, but I worry more about soloing old raids - which is why right now I'm working a lot on Balance of Power artifact weapons solo.

- - - Updated - - -

From my comment above, if they do the number squish correctly we aren't even really going to notice.
    Pretty sure people will notice having 100% haste to having a lot less.. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Prepatch usually last a month.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    something about it being connected to Azeroth so since you're not on Azeroth
    I don't like their explanation since Azerite traits still work on other worlds like Draenor (both timelines!), Argus, and invasion points.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I don't like their explanation since Azerite traits still work on other worlds like Draenor (both timelines!), Argus, and invasion points.
    Agreed, was thinking the same thing when they announced it, but honestly "since you're separated from the material plane of Azeroth" is a nicer explanation than them just flat out saying "it's a system meant specifically for BfA and too powerful to be brought forward, you knew this was coming, why are you whining?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Pretty sure people will notice having 100% haste to having a lot less.. :P
    Ha! Agreed, however we are talking about raid tuning in the prepatch. And really for so many guilds just being able to get 10 to 30 people together once or twice a week is about all that's holding it together. So suddenly being unable to do bosses you could the day before really stings.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I hope so. Corruption seriously sucks.
    Why tho?

I have not had this much fun tanking dungeons in a long time, Beam is amazing fun.

This is like spit in face from Blizzard. I dont understand why they dont respect players time and effort. Corruptions and azerite powers should last until 59 lvl, and be gone at 60 lvl.

Essences are lost around level 51 last I heard, anyone can confirm?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Essences are lost around level 51 last I heard, anyone can confirm?
    no. essences will flat out not work in the Shadowlands but they will still work on Azeroth/other living realms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    This is like spit in face from Blizzard. I dont understand why they dont respect players time and effort. Corruptions and azerite powers should last until 59 lvl, and be gone at 60 lvl.
    because N'Zoth is dead. so the corruption goes with him. as for the azerite powers etc the HoA doesn't work in the Shadowlands; it only works in the lands of the living.