Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    Worried in the sense of how vulnerable you are to getting nerfed/not being the greatest dpsing class in the game (Since you have 1 Dps spec, kinda like WW monk and Ret Pala)
    Not worried at all. They have solid utility and average to slightly above average dps in raids.

DH may get nerfed to not be "OP" anymore, but it'll still be viable.

There isn't a class in the game that isn't considered viable for endgame content, and very few specs. The few specs people shun are usually due to another spec of the same class just being measurably better.

So if you like DPSing as DH then DPS as DH. You'll probably get hit with a nerf bat in the future but not so hard as to force you to reroll, unless you're dead set on playing whatever the OP FotM spec is.

They are getting nerfed which can still put them top/middle dps level. For their pvp, probably middle since you lost dodge and lost leech. Be happy it's not EVERY SINGLE SPELLS NERFED TO THE GROUND. We need balance man not IMBALANCED.

None of my previous mains are anything of what they were. I can barely even bare to play my old unholy (press all the buttons at once) DK and finally moved to frost when I do play with it.

Just gotta enjoy it while it lasts. I feel like the fact that it was born into that borrowed power system and that it has survived off another doesn't give me high hopes it will be the same class in 3 years... unless they recycle the same borrowed powers yet again.

I don't understand the question.. Any spec in the game can be nerfed into uselessness and left there for literal years at any point.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

While their current iteration on the beta has me worried due to gameplay, I still fully intend to keep playing my DH in Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

No, not at all. According to wowmeta, Havoc is 13th highest DPS. According to Noxxic, they're 8th. Warcraftlogs, even the top DPS for the current raids are all about hunters and mages.

I just like the class myself. I love the aesthetics and double jump/glide. It just feels good to play, even if the DPS were mediocre.

As long as DHs keep their 5% raid wide magic debuff, I cant see them being left on the sidelines. Unless another class was to share the debuff like what eventually happened to all the other classes (and DHs took it from the warlocks)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    While their current iteration on the beta has me worried due to gameplay, I still fully intend to keep playing my DH in Shadowlands.
    Kinda this

Even if they were only middle of the pack or even a little lower their aoe burst and utility would still get them a spot.

I play every class. I'm not worried.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

im mostly worried about the reductions to our leech on the beta... Dh looks to be as squishy as rouges now.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I don't really give a crap of how good dps havoc does.

What I care about how fun it is to play. As in how it works mechanically. That is what I'm scared losing.

No? I don't care about DHs being the best, in fact I'd rather them be in the middle of the pack than at the top. Also, while being great at everything is fun, there's more to a class than their position on the meter. Besides, if we did suddenly become bottom tier, there's something extra special and fun about being the underdog but still coming out on top because you're the better player, so it's not like it would make me quit playing the class. What actually worries me is losing the core concept and the feel of the spec, but so far nothing in particular that stands out that I'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, that kind of stuff doesn't worry me at all. Every class has its windows of being OP, then getting nerfed, being OP, nerfed, etc. It borders on tradition at this point.
    Been waiting 16 years for lock nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    It's such a joke of a class.
    I have one that I have no idea how to play and I still get top tier dps, by pressing shit and hoping it works out.
    Why would someone want to play a brain dead class, reminds me of bm hunter too.
    Thanks for the contribution.

The mechanics got considerably worse in BfA and it looks like it will get even worse in Shadowlands.ignoring Damage numbers, as of right now, I see no way how I could continue to play DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to continue playing dh, though it will be VDH mostly. If i am going to dps, then i might as play a mage or warlock, cause all 3 mage specs are top, and 2 of the 3 lock specs are top.

So hard to actually make hdh fun to play... =.=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    It's such a joke of a class.
    I have one that I have no idea how to play and I still get top tier dps, by pressing shit and hoping it works out.
    Why would someone want to play a brain dead class, reminds me of bm hunter too.
    since you play with noobs, your data point says alot about you and your "top tier dps".
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

No, if you are on a DH, the others should be worried about you playing it