Opening current setup for streaming and running high quality shadowlands

Hey all,

Quick question about about my current setup and future streaming plans.
    Below are my current specs, my goal is to start raiding again in Shadowlands and stream them 1080p.

Just curious if my current setup will have any problems doing so while maintaining decent fps during raids.
    • Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
    • Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
    • RAM 32GB
    • Storage 2TB SSD
    • Internet connection 400 down and 50 up

The reason I'm asking is that I often start to see slower loading times and lower fps on highest quality.

Thanks for the feedback!

You could have issues depending on your settings, yea. You should've went for 3600+2070S instead of what you have. CPU is not important at all for streaming atm, since the most efficient way to do it is NVENC.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You could have issues depending on your settings, yea. You should've went for 3600+2070S instead of what you have. CPU is not important at all for streaming atm, since the most efficient way to do it is NVENC.
    Cheers! I assume changing it out to a 2070S will bottleneck with the 3700x?

Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Ryz...d14o8A/32/100/ <- is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    No, it's just a better combo for streaming and in general. Wont bottleneck with 3600 aswell.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MythoS View Post
    No it isn't. Bottleneck calculators are generally awful because they can't account for what you're doing.

Isnt nvenc encoder a seperate part of the chip to handle just the encoding? I dont think it matters if you get 2060s or 2070s if you are only streaming WoW, your current setup is fine. If he play in 1080p and 1440p, his fans are not even going to spin using a 2060s when hes raiding coz the card will be ice cold, just lower the shadows 1 notch and dont use render scale, im not sure how you are bottlenecking your 2060s because i cant even max out my gpu usage on an equivalent 2070 non super on 1440p 144hz, my fans are on full stop when raiding coz it cant hit 80+ fps (which is normal).
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-08-24 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Isnt nvenc encoder a seperate part of the chip to handle just the encoding?
    Yea, but it relies on the GPU itself and it's VRAM to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I dont think it matters if you get 2060s or 2070s if you are only streaming WoW, your current setup is fine. If he play in 1080p and 1440p, his fans are not even going to spin using a 2060s when hes raiding coz the card will be ice cold, just lower the shadows 1 notch and dont use render scale, im not sure how you are bottlenecking your 2060s because i cant even max out my gpu usage on an equivalent 2070 non super on 1440p 144hz, my fans are on full stop when raiding coz it cant hit 80+ fps (which is normal).
    It's gonna matter if he's using RTX features. Obviously you cant really lower shadows if you're using RTX lightning.

No, your setup will be great in shadowlands as well. You might not be able to crank up the settings for raytraced shadows fully but except that you can't really get a noticably better experience by throwing more money on hardware (depending on screen resolution). As long as you stream using the nvidia NVENC-encoder your stream should look extremely smooth while barely affecting your framerate.

Your hardware is not even a year old and kinda high-end, idk why you'd think it wouldn't be able to handle wow with great results for a few years to come.

(mythic) raiding, and congested areas in game tanks fps at times on even the highest-end setups, that's just the way it is. Unless you play at 4k+ you can't really get more FPS by upgrading hardware at this point in time.

tl;dr your setup is great enjoy it.

2060S should be fine for 1080p gaming\streaming, NVENC only uses like 3-5% or so of your GPUs power.
    SL should have some decent customization options when it comes to optimizing for fps as well, so you should be good to go.

Also, running WoW on Ultra/10 is a nice way to lower your fps while gaining little to no visual fidelity compared to setting it to like 7-8. Sure, you might see a tiny difference while adjusting the sliders, but you wont notice it while playing anyways. I recommend playing around with those settings and figure out what works best for you.