Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    This is like spit in face from Blizzard. I dont understand why they dont respect players time and effort. Corruptions and azerite powers should last until 59 lvl, and be gone at 60 lvl.
    Because it will make a joke of the leveling. And before you say, then they should tune the leveling for corruption !!

First, not everyone is corruption decked.

Second, what about reroll or alt that do not have corruption ?

I have stopped playing and I am waiting for the prepatch to hit so I can play again because I hate corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Why tho?

I have not had this much fun tanking dungeons in a long time, Beam is amazing fun.
    It just feels sucky when you get a piece of gear that makes your corruption skyrocket. I've actively avoided corrupted pieces just because I find the side-effects incredibly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    It just feels sucky when you get a piece of gear that makes your corruption skyrocket. I've actively avoided corrupted pieces just because I find the side-effects incredibly annoying.
    Then.... just balance them with your cloak stages? And just purge everything that is useless instantly.

Gonna fun for tanks loosing 30-45% of their damage when doing 5 mans....Borrowed powers lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Pre-patch looks already bad and I'm 100% sure will not resub for it if corruptions are gone.
    I dont care about lore at all, it my hard work and time spend for those powers and they dont respect that.
    Nobody likes being suddenly less powerful because some stupid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Pre-patch looks already bad and I'm 100% sure will not resub for it if corruptions are gone.
    I dont care about lore at all, it my hard work and time spend for those powers and they dont respect that.
    Nobody likes being suddenly less powerful because some stupid reasons.
    If you've actually played the beta (or even the PTR), you'll notice immediately this fear isn't warranted. Yes, corruptions are gone, but the stat scaling is different due to the level squish and relative ilvls in terms of how powerful you feel. Out of all my guildies on beta, none of them felt like they were suddenly weak at level 50 upon transferring characters to the beta. Essences will still work until you leave for Shadowlands, and even during the leveling process I actually forgot about my essences because your gear level (if you spent any amount of time gearing in BfA) will heftily exceed the ilvl balance point for the content until you get to very late SL leveling if you have mythic raiding gear or the equivalent ilvl. If your ilvl is about 480 on live, your ilvl will be roughly 140 on pre-patch, and ilvl of gear rewards in the first zone of SL start at 90. I think even the pre-patch event gear exceeds this minimum ilvl threshold iirc.

Simply put, you're still going to feel strong with corruptions gone because pre-patch brings all the class/spec balancing that assumes corruptions are gone. There may be some niche examples that you won't feel overly broken, but beyond that you should still feel like you're in a good place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Gonna fun for tanks loosing 30-45% of their damage when doing 5 mans....Borrowed powers lol.
    Again, with the squish and rebalance of classes, you're probably going to feel strong as a tank still. Your relative DPS pull to pull may not be as extreme, but overall you should perform just as well (or maybe even better).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-08-24 at 08:06 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I have PTR and try some horrific visions with no corruptions. My dps and performance are junk lvl on PTR, loss of power is humongous, 5 mask runs are almost unplayable.

I got the only thing that matters this expansion, the backpack transmog from Wrathion and the Shadowbarb Drone mount from the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If you've actually played the beta (or even the PTR), you'll notice immediately this fear isn't warranted. Yes, corruptions are gone, but the stat scaling is different due to the level squish and relative ilvls in terms of how powerful you feel. Out of all my guildies on beta, none of them felt like they were suddenly weak at level 50 upon transferring characters to the beta. Essences will still work until you leave for Shadowlands, and even during the leveling process I actually forgot about my essences because your gear level (if you spent any amount of time gearing in BfA) will heftily exceed the ilvl balance point for the content until you get to very late SL leveling if you have mythic raiding gear or the equivalent ilvl. If your ilvl is about 480 on live, your ilvl will be roughly 140 on pre-patch, and ilvl of gear rewards in the first zone of SL start at 90. I think even the pre-patch event gear exceeds this minimum ilvl threshold iirc.

Simply put, you're still going to feel strong with corruptions gone because pre-patch brings all the class/spec balancing that assumes corruptions are gone. There may be some niche examples that you won't feel overly broken, but beyond that you should still feel like you're in a good place.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, with the squish and rebalance of classes, you're probably going to feel strong as a tank still. Your relative DPS pull to pull may not be as extreme, but overall you should perform just as well (or maybe even better).
    Just tried out a Vision on the PTR. I usually 5 mask with ease but on the PTR the first run I died twice from the high levels of damage you now take and the 2nd time manage to clear but had to use both orbs and died once.

Squish is working fine, but the loss of corruption is very noticeable and they have not nerfed the content to compensate for that loss. Losing 48-96% of a secondary stat(s) is going to be highly noticeable ....

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Just tried out a Vision on the PTR. I usually 5 mask with ease but on the PTR the first run I died twice from the high levels of damage you now take and the 2nd time manage to clear but had to use both orbs and died once.

Squish is working fine, but the loss of corruption is very noticeable and they have not nerfed the content to compensate for that loss. Losing 48-96% of a secondary stat(s) is going to be highly noticeable ....
    I don’t mean to be rude but if you need 80% haste or whatever to 5 mask then you’re not skilled at all in this game. Most halfway decent gamers 5 masked long before optimal corruptions were even a thing, wearing whatever random stuff they happened to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post

Just curious, which class and spec did you try to do your 5 masks run ?

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    I don’t mean to be rude but if you need 80% haste or whatever to 5 mask then you’re not skilled at all in this game. Most halfway decent gamers 5 masked long before optimal corruptions were even a thing, wearing whatever random stuff they happened to get.
    I never needed 80% haste to beat it and nowhere in my post did I mention I needed it. I was able 5 masked on live when my cloak was 14 with terrible corruptions, I had to tryhard it but I did it. After that post I cleared it twice on two different characters on the PTR but it was noticeably harder because it felt like my character regressed in progression. The past couple months I was able to clear it with ease because of corruptions but now it was hard again. They flat out said it'll feel the same in 9.0 as it does right now, except with this much power loss every heroic/mythic or any player that has kept up with corruptions will feel that loss the next time they do a M+ or raid or do a vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Just curious, which class and spec did you try to do your 5 masks run ?
    WW Monk and ShadowP. I was able to 5 mask clear them again on the PTR but it felt like my first 5 mask clears and nothing like it is now where I don't even need to use orbs.

Boy, it feels good to be powerless... again

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Prepatch is not gonna last 2-3 weeks lmao more like 2-3 months. No patch has gone months between PTR and release to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Prepatch will take a month at the very most
    Pre-patch will be 4-6 weeks long. They've already said as much.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They have to do it. Gap between people with maxed out corruption vs people with catch up gear would be so huge that SL leveling content would either feel like old content for first or impossible to do for second group. Or both.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    Pre-patch will be 4-6 weeks long. They've already said as much.
    They have? I missed that. Where did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Then don't get into new expansions. This happens every expansion. Not sure why people seem to think that won't change.
    I think it's more that we HOPE for a better solution then just a giant heavy-handed power decrease, and not that we EXPECT any different

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    There's basically no good way for the fully-geared out to co-exist with the new players, and the really casual (which Blizzard says there's more of, they have the data, I do not) without leveling the playing field in this way. I don't have a single corruption, for example. Are you thinking I should have to grind out my corruptions before I can enter Shadowlands? That just means people like me will probably just go play something else. I have no data on who is more numerous...but Blizzard does.
    Forget the casual thing, there are many, many people who just checked out on BFA and never came back. It would be silly to punish them for buying the next expansion.

This is something FF14 gets very wrong imo. People like me are never going to play through months of content just to catch up to their friends, and the idea of paying real money to skip such a stupid artificial barrier is insulting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The RNG fuckfest will come back in another form, with another name. It is how Ion get the metrics going and keep his paycheck.