Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ooooor...they also have to keep in mind we also have KP, and our bench is DEEEEEEP. Seth Curry, THJ, DFS are all capable scorers that can take over if needed.

It isn't just the fouls. Luka was always the best in his time in Europe. I dont think the fouls are a noticeable impact on his, or the mavs, game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    At the most basic level, the 4+ extra free throws Luka gets a game are worth roughly 25% of their typical margin of victory. It's huge. The rest (how much the wary defense sags off and as a result opens up the rest of his game) is up for debate.
    Primarily because the Mavs end up collapsing in the 4th a lot. We get better at D in the 4th (and prob add another vet in for exp), then Luka's FT wont look so wonky percentage wise.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-08-24 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Luka is a god. No KP, has a sprained ankle and still scores 40 with the game winning 3 at the buzzer.
    I see your Luka, and raise you a Donovan with two 50 point games in one series. Now Dallas has to win to get that matchup.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clippers/Mavs is going 7, there's just too much talent in that series for it to go one way or the other. That buzzer beater by Doncic yesterday was ridiculous. Almost as amazing as Kawhi's shot last year to eliminate Philadelphia. Not nearly as dramatic, but still the perfect shot.

Pretty hilarious though that our bench managed to put up 100 points against the Nets yesterday, setting NBA records for most in a game by bench players, regular season or playoffs. They just didn't stand a chance against the Raptors and it makes me wonder what they will be like with KD and Kyrie next season. Most athletes don't come back from ACL injuries, so KD is probably going to be slow for the first year or so, as is the case with most other athletes that have suffered the same injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I see your Luka, and raise you a Donovan with two 50 point games in one series. Now Dallas has to win to get that matchup.
    That's impressive. We need this match up!

pray for PG3 to continue to suck. Also, bless Luka's ankle.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That's impressive. We need this match up!

pray for PG3 to continue to suck. Also, bless Luka's ankle.
    I can't believe Kawhi chose scrubby ass Paul George over staying in Toronto where there was a 95% chance they repeat. Now I wonder if the Clippers even get out of the first round.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-08-24 at 03:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Philadelphia really tanked for a decade to get swept in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck morris. What he did was intentional and he needs to be suspended. Piece of shit player doesn't even think he did anything wrong.

I hope the Clippers get demolished by their next opponent...or us, preferable us.

Bucks organized a wildcat strike. No NBA playoff games today, after two more teams quickly followed their lead to boycott their playoff game.

Now the Brewers, in MLB, are considering the same.

NBA (players) have been really vocal against racial injustice, especially when the season restarted and they had their platform available to be heard, again.

Their efforts are much less impactful right now in the bubble, though. If this were back in the day when people attended games and the flow of sports kept rolling, they'd have a much wider reach. Kind of sad, I feel like their power is too limited now. I can't see boycotting games inside the bubble doing much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever they can do. I feel like the kind of people mocking this would be most upset by college games being protested.

Lucky break for the trailblazers, Lilard was out for game 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This NBA season has been historic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    NBA (players) have been really vocal against racial injustice, especially when the season restarted and they had their platform available to be heard, again.

Their efforts are much less impactful right now in the bubble, though. If this were back in the day when people attended games and the flow of sports kept rolling, they'd have a much wider reach. Kind of sad, I feel like their power is too limited now. I can't see boycotting games inside the bubble doing much.
    You mean the most influential league right now and the most capable of being able to navigate these times choosing to protest the state of the country isn't impactful?

Ad and merch make up a huge amount of revenue from professional sports. Even if the stadiums aren't part those streams are still there and even more important when people can't physically go to the games and there's little in the ways of new content.

Ending the season means those people aren't making money.

And it means a lot in terms of human solidarity that these players who are comfortably in a bubble separated from the realities of life choose react events far away from them. Theres a certain old institution built on that idea, I won't go there. They are secure with all their needs taken cared of but still recognize things are kind of messy right now.

Remember all the hell they caught for playing in China? We can't say that they shouldn't have played in China then turn our noses when the correct and not play at home when things are bad.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So the Lakers and Clippers voted to strike the rest of the season. LeBron led a walkout of both teams. The other teams voted to continue.

If those two teams stick to their guns, I don't see how the playoffs can continue. They definitely seem in the mindset that some things are more important than sports and their shot at a ring.

I also find it interesting the Bucks were willing to sit out one game, but aren't willing to give it all up because of that same ring. I feel like they led a wildcat strike and didn't exactly know what that would lead to.

talk about fucking the average joe...

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    talk about fucking the average joe...
    One of the main concerns with these athletes, iirc, before restarting the season, was the idea that if they were there to provide entertainment and/or distraction, these issues would be brushed under the rug again and forgotten.

Looks like they were right......and now two teams are refusing to continue the sham of being the distraction for "the average joe."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One of the main concerns with these athletes, iirc, before restarting the season, was the idea that if they were there to provide entertainment and/or distraction, these issues would be brushed under the rug again and forgotten.

Looks like they were right......and now two teams are refusing to continue the sham of being the distraction for "the average joe."
    Sure, because the "average joe" is a contributor 100%. They really aren't and for the most part have treated people with a decent respect they deserve. Life WILL never be perfect, but these extremes diminish the real truth of most and honestly fixing things comes down to real life discussions, in which both parties explain their plight. I wish I could continue on, but it's gonna be shitshow in which I'm ostracized. I want sport to be what they are, sports man and sorry if I can't jump on board. I guess I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Sure, because the "average joe" is a contributor 100%. They really aren't and for the most part have treated people with a decent respect they deserve. Life WILL never be perfect, but these extremes diminish the real truth of most and honestly fixing things comes down to real life discussions, in which both parties explain their plight. I wish I could continue on, but it's gonna be shitshow in which I'm ostracized. I want sport to be what they are, sports man and sorry if I can't jump on board. I guess I suck.
    What do you think sport ought to be? You seem to suggest it should only be entertainment, IE "shut up and dribble."

You're ignoring that social movements in sports literally go back hundreds of years. Baseball fought segregation long before the mainstream U.S. did. Jesse Owens raised a fist at Hitler at Hitler's own Olympics, where he hoped to show the supremacy of his Aryan athletes. Sports have been the main access to black people that most white people have.

And they're having a "real life ediscussion" right now. That discussion so far seems to be: there are more important things than sports.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least they waited for Kobe to have his day before they decided to walk out on everyone.

This sports thing is a giant case of pretentiousness not being aware of it's self. People don't listen to the players as much as they think, they're more likely to listen to their grandparents.

Also you have these cities building stadiums and shit.. They're building them in Vegas. So lets cancel sports and cancel those construction projects, cancel local business, cancel franchise, basically just start preparations for cancelling the economy?

These things that are more important than sports, are they more important than the economy too, more important than people's livelihoods? All these actions are having economic consequences, even if they feel really good and right and justified in the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its more that sports are often used as a distraction from the rela world, so eventually the players, if they feel injustices arent being fixed, eventually go "we refuse to be your bread and circus anymore til this is fixed"

15+ Year Old Account
    And if nothing is fixed, then what? They all retire? Oh, they figure it out as time unfolds, I see.. This is gonna be hilarious.