Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lor'themar knew Sylvanas for a very long time

I don't know if this was ever posted or if anyone noticed (I didn't as well until now) but Lor'themar knew Sylvanas for a very long time

Old Allies quest https://wow.gamepedia.com/Old_Allies

Sylvanas was my Ranger-General. I have respected her for millennia. Making this choice is something I have been wrestling with for some time. Baine's death will tear the Horde apart. The Tauren will not stand for it and if they leave, I know they will not be the last.

We must save Baine. Not just for his life, but for the Horde. I can only hope once the time pressure is gone we may be able to reason with her but...

I have contacted allies who will help. Meet them in the Cleft of Shadows.
    this would make Sylvanas a few thousand years old.

it also confirms that Alleria fought in the Troll Wars.

that or writers made a mistake as usual.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-24 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

this would makes Sylvanas a few thousand years old.

this also confirms that Alleria fought in the Troll Wars.

that or writers made a mistake as usual
    Third option: It's just metaphorical statement which implies Lor'themar knows Sylvanas for very long time.

So now we know she's between 1.000 and 1 billion years old

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Third option: It's just metaphorical statement which implies Lor'themar knows Sylvanas for very long time.
    best option: don't trust Blizzard anymore.

They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Bloodelfs can live several millenia. That is canon. But we have absolutly no idea how old sylvannas really is as it was never mentioned anywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising, I always thought she wasn't that old yet and she wasn't Ranger-General for that long either. (not that that's saying anything but people often bring it up)
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So now we know she's between 1.000 and 1 billion years old
    I'd say between 2,000 and 19,999 because it's thousands so more than one thousand, but not tens of thousands so less than twenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'd say between 2,000 and 19,999 because it's thousands so more than one thousand, but not tens of thousands so less than twenty.
    Do we know when Lor'themar met Sylvanas ? Maybe Sylvanas was already 3 billion years old when Lor'themar got to know her, 2000 years ago.

This statement doesn't really tell you how old she is.

Sylvanas is actually Azeroth's world soul.

A vague statement =\= a revelation . We knew already elves live long lives this adds nothing really.

The writers have forgotten their own lore yet again. Anasterian Sunstrider was 3000 years old and described a highly aged man. But of course Sylvanas is over a 1000 years old and still looks like a hot babe.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess I also don't trust you anymore, because your thread title is basically bait to come here and you revealed very little. "She is a few millenia old" is not revealing her age

:P
    well yeah, the title is not 100% true (which can be fixed by mods anyway) but it creates some problems.

like, Anasterian was 3000 years when Arthas met him and he looked old asf.

Sylvanas and her sisters are young and hot asf but are apparently thousands of years old.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-24 at 02:59 PM.

But a random search on wowpedia says that sylvanas mother was ranger general of silvermoon during the first war, that's like 40-50 years ago?

well yeah, the title is 100% true (which can be fixed by mods anyway) but it creates some problems.

like, Anasterian was 3000 years when Arthas met him and he looked old asf.

Sylvanas and her sisters are young and hot asf but are thousands of years old.
    The writers have just forgotten their own lore. That, or female elves somehow don't age, but male elves do.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The writers have just forgotten their own lore. That, or female elves somehow don't age, but male elves do.
    generally, when it comes to immortal and long lived beings, the writers like too keep their females young and beautiful while males look old and experienced.

this reminds me of Witcher universe where old male mages look old and experienced while old female mages look young (they use magic but you get the idea).
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-24 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The writers have forgotten their own lore yet again. Anasterian Sunstrider was 3000 years old and described a highly aged man. But of course Sylvanas is over a 1000 years old and still looks like a hot babe.
    We only know he reigned for almost 3k years, we have no idea how old he really was, he could have been as old as lorash, being born during their early days in the eastern kingdoms for all we know.

generally, when it comes to immortal and long lived beings, the writers like too keep their females young and beautiful while males look old an experience.

this reminds me of Witcher universe where old male mages look old and experienced while old female mages look young (they use magic but you get the idea).
    Explains why female Night Elves look like young models and males look like pumped up grandpas.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    We only know he reigned for almost 3k years, we have no idea how old he really was, he could have been as old as lorash, being born during their early days in the eastern kingdoms for all we know.
    Arthas: Rise of the Lick King specifically says that Anasterian is 3000 years old.

Three millennia rested upon those shoulders; the white hue of hair that fell almost to his feet was due to age, not dark magics.
    there was no reigning.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-24 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    But a random search on wowpedia says that sylvanas mother was ranger general of silvermoon during the first war, that's like 40-50 years ago?
    This doesn't mean that sylvanas wasn't alive for thousands of years already at that point.
    But this doesn't really help either anyway. Some stories mention sylvanas mother dying during the second war, some say sylvanas was already ranger-general before the second war began.
    So not only does this mean we don't know how old she could be, we don't even know how long she was ranger general of silvermoon or when her mother died.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Lorash only claims to be born during the exile of the Highborne. In fact, the whole character is riddled with flaws. The Night Elves showed mercy to the Highborne and he despises them for it, yet he has no problems working together with the Orcs who invaded his homeland 20 odd years ago.

Lorash was a bad attempt at a character and should've stayed dead.