Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Prepatch next week hype?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    Uther?....
    I think that was Arthas... Again.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I think that was Arthas... Again.
    100% looked like Arthas standing over Uther. The boots, the hair. It was him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Laurel D. Austin literally illustrates dozens of unique images for each of these and you're going to call it "low effort?" Fuck off. People like you have no idea what kind of effort goes into art.

http://www.laureldaustinart.com/blog...8/lords-of-war
    Yes, those are beautiful pictures. Really nice wallpapers. Still, they are nothing in comparison to the effort it takes to produce a real cinematic. Now, it would be way too much to ask Blizzard to produce a fullblown trailer-style cinematic for every covenant, so this format is appropiate. But I don't like this style and absolutely don't want it ingame, where I much prefer ingame cinematics.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    to make up for a lack of a release date
    It’s basically guaranteed we will get a release date at Gamescom. I will be extremely surprised if we don’t

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    It’s an opinion. Jesus Christ.
    A pretty shitty one.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pre patch in 4 weeks it seems. In line with blizzards new "get more feedback" philosophy. Early on PTR for more people to test class changes, longer PTR, and 6 weeks for testing in live servers. Early November SL Launch.

Some times wish the game was as gritty as that comic. Would be cool.

Yay, a countdown for a countdown. I always look forward to lore content right before expansion release too. Good times, can't wait.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Yay, a countdown for a countdown. I always look forward to lore content right before expansion release too. Good times, can't wait.
    I don’t think it goes far enough. I think we need a countdown for a countdown for the countdown

10+ Year Old Account
    RAD

Glad they make these again.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the art style ever since they've been using it and these videos are always great. Can't wait to see Uther.

Hopefully that was Garrosh at 0:13 so i can save my warchief in SL and not interact with the Elves all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yes, those are beautiful pictures. Really nice wallpapers. Still, they are nothing in comparison to the effort it takes to produce a real cinematic. Now, it would be way too much to ask Blizzard to produce a fullblown trailer-style cinematic for every covenant, so this format is appropiate. But I don't like this style and absolutely don't want it ingame, where I much prefer ingame cinematics.
    I think the point that he was making is that this is not low effor in the slightest. Not only that, I bet it takes way longer and way more effort to these ones instead of those in game cinematics.

Sure, the full blown cinematics might take longer. But you can't do those for every little lore reveal.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    But give us an exact launch date as well yes pls?
    They will.. Dates are as follows:

Prepatch Sept 15,2020
    Shadowlands Launch Oct 20, 2020
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It's pretty cool, but i heard you can only wacth one of those.
    It's time-gated.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post

Prepatch Sept 15,2020
    Agree. Or maybe is

Prepatch Sep 22, 2020
    Shadowlands Launch 20, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post

Prepatch Sept 15,2020
    I trully hope not. I still need to get my faceless one achiev
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    In BFA we got both. We've been getting these animations since MoP, and for BFA it was Warbringers. However we also got the Old Soldier series of cinematics, which were one of the universally positive points of BFA. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue. We will have to wait and see.

Why are people complaining about seeing Arthas in the story of characters who interacted with him? First Sylvannas, now Uther. Of course he's going to be there. He's an integral part of the story and has been since his introduction in WCIII. That's like if they had done Kul'Tiras in BFA but didn't include Jaina in any way because we already saw her in Wrath, Cata, and Legion.