Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Move the game away from a indirect pay to win motto?

I am not sure how much spam in chat of the 5 servers I play on but when you see 200 different advertisements for carrying sales in both PVP and PvE it is very disheartening. You may ask me what does it matter to me if it does not hurt me. It gives the impression that is very disenchanting to a lot of players. It disenchants me in thinking wow stops one form of rmt but indirectly does not intervene on others. Some are legit yes but is this really the spirit of the game? Is this how we want wow to be going in the future. I hope we can convince Blizzard to make a statement that carries can be nerfed by altering how gold can be funneled out of servers and make sales outside of game chat illegal. 50% of these sales ask you to visit a discord channel to discuss the specifics and while the carry team itself might be legit they use a third party company that pairs and advertises then sets these carries up which are often tied to rmt in itself.

Get a guild and stay away from the cities.

At this time it's mostly just mythic - and some heroic - guilds just selling AotC and Jaina mounts. Either of which are pugable.

And as long as they are only purchasable with in-game gold and as long as Blizz is selling the WoW token it's not going away.

/leave 2

But I agree. Boosting services should be banned from the game.

There is nothing they can do unless they have enough evidence (check out the news article about the gallywix community vans) that supports the claim of pay to win. Not to mention most of those lvl 1s spamming in chat are hacked accounts (maybe even trials) so getting those accounts banned is useless.

Unfortunately you'll always have some sort of carry in this game. There are addons out there that remove messages from trade chat that contain certain phrases or words.

I agree completely. People will argue 'there's always been boosts' but never like this (and yes, I've been playing since vanilla! It's true, we will let you know). It's completely changing the economy and the spirit of the game compared to say, pre-Legion when paid boosts like this really started to get off the ground (but it's infinitely worse in BfA).

What's the point of playing if you have to pay someone to carry you? If you're not dong the content yourself why do you need the gear you're buying? You have to be nearly braindead to not be able to do a +15 yourself, for example. I can do it and I'm casual AF and at best, competent.

that said I feel like BfA contributes a lot. It's an awful expansion and I think some people don't really want to engage with it. However to me that's a reason to just not play at all, not to pay some cretin with a discord to carry me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carries happen cause people are bad and/or lazy.

Blizz DID do something about this recently, they banned the Gallywix community, removed 5 billion gold, and i think its just a start for taking down RMT
    Everyone boosting for gold (Used to boost 15s in Legion) should be able to.

Blizz should add a "Boost/Carry" part in the LFG tool to help filter out all the boost groups from the main groupfinder part.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

A relative of mine dumps a ton of money to buy gold so that he can purchase carry runs for mythic plus and raids. He "beats" the game (getting to as high of an ilvl as he'd like) within a month and complains about having nothing to do or when the next patch comes out and he feels the need to spend more money.

Meanwhile my father who he plays with spends the course of the expansion's lifespan doing everything legitimate and has more fun doing so.

I just don't understand why people would spend their money to get top gear when it becomes irrelevant immediately after getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    A relative of mine dumps a ton of money to buy gold so that he can purchase carry runs for mythic plus and raids. He "beats" the game (getting to as high of an ilvl as he'd like) within a month and complains about having nothing to do or when the next patch comes out and he feels the need to spend more money.

Meanwhile my father who he plays with spends the course of the expansion's lifespan doing everything legitimate and has more fun doing so.

I just don't understand why people would spend their money to get top gear when it becomes irrelevant immediately after getting it.
    Because few people realize that old adage that wanting is better than having.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I am not sure how much spam in chat of the 5 servers I play on but when you see 200 different advertisements for carrying sales in both PVP and PvE it is very disheartening. You may ask me what does it matter to me if it does not hurt me. It gives the impression that is very disenchanting to a lot of players. It disenchants me in thinking wow stops one form of rmt but indirectly does not intervene on others. Some are legit yes but is this really the spirit of the game? Is this how we want wow to be going in the future. I hope we can convince Blizzard to make a statement that carries can be nerfed by altering how gold can be funneled out of servers and make sales outside of game chat illegal. 50% of these sales ask you to visit a discord channel to discuss the specifics and while the carry team itself might be legit they use a third party company that pairs and advertises then sets these carries up which are often tied to rmt in itself.
    If you can prove they are conducting RMT then report them, if aren't then leave them alone, what someone else does with their gold is their business, not yours.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You should realize Blizzard doesn't make a whole lot of changes to their games based on how much they money they stand to lose or gain. Multiboxers still exist because all those extra subs outweigh the negative experiences people have with them. And the boosting community is, by far, larger than the multiboxers. Blizzard isn't willing to lose out on all those token sales.

In a perfect world, designing the best game possible would also mean a company making the most money, but that's not the game Blizzard came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    /leave 2

But I agree. Boosting services should be banned from the game.
    so helping some one for gold should be banned wut? you know selling some one crafted gear is essentially the same thing right?

edit: more on topic the spam is only so big because every community and their mom can boost heroic nya atm. The is cause end of expac lul meaning everyone is geared and corruption scaling through the roof. It will drop off a TON beginning of next expac.

personally I would agree with bring back old trade chat...

but alas the demand is there and plenty of people are willing to supply....so unfortunately its economics working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure there should be some official ground rules. In-game or out of game shouldn't matter to much if the gold transaction is "legal". Though Blizzard certainly should create a global chat channel or Blizzard run Community to funnel all advertising into. Since they don't want it in the group finder it needs to go somewhere and trade is the default because of its global nature.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Boosting has been going on since the beginning of the game. I personally sold boosting runs many times back when I was playing, I am not sure how it is pay2win and how it hurts so many of you that some people earn extra gold with their own abilities but I can assure you that hurting your feelings or self esteem is not the goal of those who earns gold by selling boosts.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boosting to an extent is good, but in some forms bad.

Good:
    I've payed for a boost before. Back in Legion. I played for a bit and then quit. Some of my friends wanted me to raid with them but I was way too undergeared. Got a heroic nighthold boost and got some decent gear, at least enough not to be completely useless in the guild. So is boosting bad? My friends wanted to play with me now, but in order to gear up to the current essential minimum would take way too long. It's not like heroic raids were ever hard for me, I just didn't have the gear at the time and this was the quickest way to start mythic progression with my friends.

Bad:
    As stated above there can be some good use of boosting. There is of course bad as well. I think this comes from people buying things that are actually beyond their skill and capability. Things like gladiator. This achievement is earned by being great at PVP, buying it and flaunting your mount/achievement when you do not deserve it is painful. Especially when push comes to shove and you pvp with others and they realize how poor you actually are at this game and that you do not deserve the title.

Conclusion:
    Boosts can be beneficial. They can help some players get through a bit of a grind and get them to the main point of the game they want to play. Boosts allow you to take breaks in the game and come back for the parts you want to. I see no problem with using them as a bridge through content that is not necessarily difficult for you. The problem comes when you start achieving things beyond your reach such as gladiator or cutting edge. Boosts reward the players who are good at the game while providing a service for those who want it. While you may be upset to see so much spam, keep in mind there would not be so much spam if they were not getting clients. So while these boosts may upset you, there are certainly many who like them. I sold horrific visions of nzoth, my clients were mainly peoples alts trying to gear up. They appreciated my service and I got my dino mount. Win win for both of us.
    Last edited by xeddin; 2020-08-25 at 04:45 AM.

i generally report them and all the other bullshit in the custom groups.

actually got 2 in game mails, saying blizz had banned some people, so it does work i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Boosting has been going on since the beginning of the game. I personally sold boosting runs many times back when I was playing, I am not sure how it is pay2win and how it hurts so many of you that some people earn extra gold with their own abilities but I can assure you that hurting your feelings or self esteem is not the goal of those who earns gold by selling boosts.
    Pretty much my take on it. Couldn't care less if someone buys a raid clear or an achievement run - I have better things to do with my time than sit around screaming and hissing about people selling runs or buying them. Their time, their gold, their business.

I often feel like gamers need to find more worthwhile things to be upset about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i generally report them and all the other bullshit in the custom groups.

actually got 2 in game mails, saying blizz had banned some people, so it does work i guess.
    I call bullshit on this. WoW GMs do not get back with people to announce the punishments they dole out, they are not even allowed to do this.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-08-25 at 05:06 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

want me to link the mail?

They would need to remove the wow token and aggressively go after people doing rmt even the guilds who do so with immunity like method and limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the whacky /2 back. Had so many laughs over years whenever I was chilling in cities. Now it's just unreadable spam.

Here are 2 fixes that would work:
    - Allow boost spamming only on max lvl toons or toons that are part of the boost (have to register toon as a booster).
    - Make a seperated window for boosters that can be opened with combination like ALT+I+S+U+C+K. And make boost spamming in tradechat to be not allowed.

First one would make it easy to just /ignore all boost spammers and second one would allow them to exist but removes them from the sight of the players who wanna enjoy the game.

Personally I report every WTS in LFG tool as everyone should.